Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Was Your Wedding What You Imagined?
It was everything I dreamed it would be 4 33.33%
It went pretty much according to plan 8 66.67%
It was very stressful but turned out okay 0 0%
Do you count bridesmaids dancing on tables??? 1 8.33%
It was a disaster I'd rather not revisit 1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Kaydee

Smile Was Your Wedding What You Expected???

My niece's wedding a few weeks ago took me back to my own and those unforseen things that make your wedding a once in a lifetime affair. For those of you that have gotten married already feel free to share. If you haven't done it yet your time will indeed come...so just have a laugh anyway.

Four highlights from our special day:

The minister and limo driver almost coming to blows when the bridal party arrived late, such colorful language from a man of the cloth...

The reception was everything a huge Italian wedding should be, everyone danced the night away. Especially the best man and one of the groomsmen who danced with everyone present including each other...totally appalling the conservative side of the family

Another groomsman being busted in the parking lot for creative smoking

Finally one of the aunts well into her cups yelling "Where's my bottle!!!!???" repeatedly near the end, Sambuca bottles were the favors and I dunno...maybe she had already finished the ones on her table?

But looking back I would do it all over again absolutely
Old 07-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Top Dog

Welllll, the song chosen for the garter toss scene was "Wild Thing" (you know...Wild thing..you make my heart sing...etc). Unfortunately, the dj company screwed us over, and I got stuck with a new/different dj the night before the wedding. Never mind, though, because I was able to get him the playlist that night.

So imagine my surprise, and that of the other 275+ Southern Baptists and Catholics, when Tone Loc started sing how I "get paid...to do the wild thang.". Yes, it's all caught on my wedding video. o_O
Old 07-08-2012, 01:32 AM
We are Home.

I got married in a Bank of America LMAO. I wouldnt change it for the world though because if I had waited my dad wouldnt have been able to be there and even with everything going on it still makes me happy that my dad got to see me get married.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 07-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Mine was everything I dreamed of and more.

The one hitch was the church warden was meant to test the CD's in the church but he didn't so I didn't get to walk down the isle to my song, but it didn't matter.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 07-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Top Dog

I had just moved out of my mothers house, I was living out of a small tote bag, and I had just spent the night in my soon-to-be brother/sister in-laws house. My mother had sent me a devastating text that morning that she refused to come, she hated who I was, refused to support me, would not accept my husband, but would always "love me". I think I cried the whole two hours before we left. My "wedding" was in a smallish building acting as a home that Jin's pastor uncle ran for the local downtrodden. Plenty of ..odd strangers, to say the least. On top of that, most of his family was there while mine obviously refused to show in attempt to try and embarrass me as much as possible and let me know that what I was doing was not acceptable in any way. I spent an hour or two explaining over and over to many different people that my family wasn't accepting them or my to-be husband. The pity was...even more embarrassing. To top it off, my friends didn't even bother to show...because what I thought was my best girl ended up preferring to see her boyfriend in jail. We didn't have rings, but my soon SIL bought me a rose, and gave me a small, mostly nothing special celtic/fairy ring last minute when we were asked for rings. It barely fit.

It sort of all faded away, though, once we were standing in a back room surrounded by people who DID CARE and exchanging our vows. "You may kiss your bride..." and Jin had picked me up and spun me around.

He shipped out to basic the week after.

It may have not been the most amazing day that most people hope for, but it definitely represented a lot in both my life and Jin's, and we came out of it with an amazing support system and very tight marriage. I don't know if it was everything I wanted, but I can't imagine that it should have gone any other way. In some weird way, nothing else would have fit or made sense.

It was perfect.

We do plan on re-newing our vows, though, in a ceremony to sort of give our TRUE family and friends what they were probably expecting to see. Especially since we didn't have time to plan or celebrate before. It was very, very last minute.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:44 AM
just call me Nilly

It was pretty darn close to perfect! We had a hitch with our cake (ended up cutting our Groom's Cake instead of our wedding cake, oh well!). There was a little bit of confusion from our DJ and a teeny hiccup during our ceremony, but not a big issue. There was also the confusion of our cakes being put out for people to have to cut on their own instead of being served like the rest of our meal. Oh and if I'm REALLY going to be picky, I wish we'd done more decorations outside on the lawn for the ceremony. I wanted "simple", which turned into basically nothing with white chairs on the lawn.

So yes, some issues. Do I really care? Nope. Was the wedding amazing and wonderful? Absolutely. And we still have friends/family/guests tell us that it was still one of the best weddings they'd been to, coming up on 2 years in September!

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 07-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Top Dog

To be honest I really had my big wedding for my mother and father. I was the only girl and had 3 brothers and we were a really really close family. I knew my parents wanted to see their only daughter have a big wedding. I am so glad I did it though. Everything was perfect. I couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding. I am not one to stress over things so it was pretty stress free. That was 25 years ago. With my own kids, I don't care what kind of wedding they decide to have as long as I get to be there.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:10 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Pretty much.

We basically eloped to a town not far from here and got married and didn't tell anyone until after the fact. I was never really one for planning my wedding out as a kid. The idea of trying to get my whole family together in a room without fighting and drama was more than I cared to ever think about lol.

So taking off that morning and getting married and then going to a quiet little diner in the town my husband grew up in and then to a hockey game that night was perfect, IMO.

I like weddings. I have fun at weddings. but I like OTHER peoples weddings that I don't have to plan or pay for lol.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Wild At Heart

I haven't had a wedding yet, but I was expecting to come into this thread with pictures awaiting me

Get to postin'

Harleigh <3
Old 07-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvsu15 View Post
I haven't had a wedding yet, but I was expecting to come into this thread with pictures awaiting me

Get to postin'
Jin was rebelling. He knew he was going to have to shave completely and go bald when he got to basic. So, he kinda looks like a creeper.