Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Haha! Yeah, people only see color. I still get asked All.The.Time if Juno is a boston terrier. Next time someone asks me that I'm just gonna tell them yes she is, and she was given performance enhancing drugs as a puppy and that's why she's so much bigger than all the other ones.
That's okay, people STILL insist that Harlow is a APBT and no, she just cannot be a Boxer because she is too short and her nose is not turned up.

If she is an APBT, then I am the queen of England. But at least she makes the breed look good.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACD/BCx ::
Marquis' Livin' On Tulsa Time "Tulsa" 2014 ACD
& part-time resident Corral West Call Me A Grimm Fairytale "Story" 2012 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 07-06-2012, 06:09 PM
woof!

Some people have told me that Pompadour is a monkey or anteater
Old 07-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Frodo's most common guess is Yorkie. I do not understand this, AT ALL.
My favorite conversation:
Guy: Is that a Yorkie?
Me: No, he's a corgi.
Guy: Oh, so that's a Yorkie and a what?
Me: He's just a corgi, they're a purebred. From Wales.
Guy: ... oh. He looks like a Yorkie.
Me: Okay.
OMG!!! I thought it was a fluke. We decided to take Jinj for a joy ride to the farmers market last year, and on the way stopped for the traffic light a guy sticks his head out of his car and yells "Is that a Yorkie?", look over at Jin and back at the car "No, Corgi" The guy face-palmed and said "Oh, I get those mixed up!" ...

But just earlier this week, took the guys to the vets and after to the farm store and as we're checking out a women came over and said "Is that one of those Mini Collies?", we about burst out laughing, "He's a Corgi" she went blank "You know the Queen of England, she has lots of them" and of coarse she counters with the usual "But she, he, is just so big?" "Yes, he's big, that's how they breed them over there", well, really I don't have too much of a better explanation for his size.

I don't think I need to explain what Enda gets called, and what she was called twice at the vets office, but it went both times "Dobie and what?" I really don't even know how to describe the strange looks I get when I tell them she's actually a purebred and a sheepdog. The last guy at the vet was funny, as he walked back out the door he patted her on the head and said "I don't care what they call you, your pretty", .
Old 07-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm All Ears

I've had someone tell me they loved my corgis. Summer has been called a 'toy collie' quite a few times too.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:25 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
"I don't care what they call you, your pretty"
<3 Perfect lol

My Grandpa, who's super corny, watched Kim for me for a few days when she was a puppy and I was going out of town. Of course she's not a purebred so whenever he walked her around town (and I swear the man knows everyone in the town) he would have numerous people call out, "Hey [Name]! What kind of dog is that?"

To which he would reply, "Why she's a FINE dog!"

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 07-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
OMG!!! I thought it was a fluke. We decided to take Jinj for a joy ride to the farmers market last year, and on the way stopped for the traffic light a guy sticks his head out of his car and yells "Is that a Yorkie?", look over at Jin and back at the car "No, Corgi" The guy face-palmed and said "Oh, I get those mixed up!" ...

But just earlier this week, took the guys to the vets and after to the farm store and as we're checking out a women came over and said "Is that one of those Mini Collies?", we about burst out laughing, "He's a Corgi" she went blank "You know the Queen of England, she has lots of them" and of coarse she counters with the usual "But she, he, is just so big?" "Yes, he's big, that's how they breed them over there", well, really I don't have too much of a better explanation for his size.

I don't think I need to explain what Enda gets called, and what she was called twice at the vets office, but it went both times "Dobie and what?" I really don't even know how to describe the strange looks I get when I tell them she's actually a purebred and a sheepdog. The last guy at the vet was funny, as he walked back out the door he patted her on the head and said "I don't care what they call you, your pretty", .
Glad I'm not the only one with a very corgi like "Yorkie"

Also, I always feel like a creep whenever I think I see a Beauceron, because I always end up crouched over looking for back double dew claws. And then I realize I probably look like a wierdo dog-perv.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 07-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Blackout

Katalin is most often mistaken for (in order) -

Goldendoodle
Lab cross poodle
Poodle cross something
"Abit of poodle" for sure
Poodle cross Alsatian (WTF??)
Samoyed cross with something
Great Pyr
Maremma
Husky/Shepherd mix

To date, only 5 people exactly have corrected guessed her breed correctly, 3 out of those 5 were Hungarians XD, the other 2 had owned Kuvasz's themselves before.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 07-06-2012, 06:55 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Now I feel left out. The craziest thing someone has ever asked about my dogs has been, "Is she a Border Collie?" in reference to Chloe, and that's pretty close IMO. When I tell them she's a collie/Aussie mix they all agree with me.

Rose was pretty much always pegged as a Lab/GSD mix, which is mostly what she is. Looking back, her momma may have just been a Texas Heeler, but GSD could have been in there, too.

When Mike got Cynder, though, he was told she was a Lab/GSD mix. He went to pick her up and out came this little 30 pound dog. He asked, "Oh, so she's a pup?" and the people were like, "No, she's about three years old." *face palm* One of the parents may have been a Lab/GSD, but there is definitely something else in there. (Like a spaniel.)

Cooper's been a Yorkie and Gracie's been a Dachshund. But we've only had them just over a month, so that could change. lol

Oh, and we did have someone think our old Malamute was a wolf. They were FedEx delivery guys and when they pulled up and she walked up to their truck with a smile on her face and a happily wagging tail (not even making any noise) they refused to get out and called us from inside their truck to "come get our wolf before she ate them". Good grief.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Walks into Mordor

I don't mind breed misidentification so if there's at least a reasonable resemblance. Zeus has been called an Anatolian and great dane fairly often, but at least I can see the simularities.

And I'm sure I've posted this before, but once I took my ferret, Trunks, with me to the mailbox. One of my neighbors saw Trunks and asked, "Oh! Isn't that one of those long-haired chihuahuas?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHorseMyRules View Post
lol Try having a non-merle 'houla....
GAH. This!! One lady swore up and down that Voodoo was a boxer.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:22 PM
My dog tickles my soul

I think the worst guess that Morgan gets is, "She's pretty! I love her color!"

Poor boy...

As for breed, most people guess pretty close: "Is that a... lab?... mix?"
Yep, that's the best I can figure, too.