Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-05-2012, 01:59 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Default Wrong email...

So... I have been getting someone else's email. It's driving me crazy.

It's being sent to an old account of mine that forwards into my current email. And this "wrong-number emails" been online orders for things (all of which I've also received cancellations for), with Bill-Me-Later follow ups, and more recently the "why haven't you signed up for Bill-Me-Later?" emails. Oh, and they've also subscribed to Scentsy. LOL!

Laughter aside, to be safe, I have checked (and continue to check) my bank accounts and credit card, alerted them all to watch for suspicious activity, and changed passwords appropriately. But I keep getting these emails a couple times every week or two and it... well... it really bothers me.

It's weird, though, because way back when, I set up the account as "name.n.name(at)someemailhost.com". However, the emails I'm receiving are being sent to "namenname(at)someemailhost.com"... basically the same, but with the periods removed. I did discover that I CAN log into the same email account with both variations. (Yes, I changed the password.)

I am 99.9999% sure that this person just keeps entering their email wrong. That it's supposed to be going to "namenname(at)OTHERemailhost.com". But still. It's annoying and I want it to STOP!!!

This is mostly whining more than anything. Though, if you have any insight and advice for me, I will gladly listen!
Old 07-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Love My Mutt <3

There should be a button at the bottom that says "if this isn't the correct email.....", have you tried hitting that every time? It should stop them if they are registered with the site, rather than typin it in every time.

Alternately, it should say the persons billing address if it's an order, right? I'd probably send them a letter LOL

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-05-2012, 02:34 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
There should be a button at the bottom that says "if this isn't the correct email.....", have you tried hitting that every time? It should stop them if they are registered with the site, rather than typin it in every time.

Alternately, it should say the persons billing address if it's an order, right? I'd probably send them a letter LOL
I didn't think to look for an address. I'll check that out.

I haven't clicked any links in the emails just in case it is some kind of scam. I didn't want to click anything and alert some spam server that HEY SOMEONE READS THIS EMAIL!!! SPAM THEM MOARRR!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Hmm well, you could always see what company it's from, check them out to see if they're legit then be like "yah, so uhh this is what's happening..."

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
...I haven't clicked any links in the emails just in case it is some kind of scam. I didn't want to click anything and alert some spam server that HEY SOMEONE READS THIS EMAIL!!! SPAM THEM MOARRR!!!!!!
Good thinking. I'd also be leary of the links containing viruses, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Hmm well, you could always see what company it's from, check them out to see if they're legit then be like "yah, so uhh this is what's happening..."
I think that's the route I'd take.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

If you send an e-mail to the address the e-mails are supposed to go to, what happens? Does it come to you? You could just e-mail them and be like "hey you know you can't type, right?" hahaha.
That's really weird LOL.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-12-2012, 12:27 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
If you send an e-mail to the address the e-mails are supposed to go to, what happens? Does it come to you? You could just e-mail them and be like "hey you know you can't type, right?" hahaha.
That's really weird LOL.
Yeah, they just come to me. LOL! All around it's very, very weird.