Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Top Dog

I was obsessed with Dalmatians (duh, who wasn't whoever was young enough when 101 Dalmatians came out, LOL?) I really have no interested or desire to own one now, not my type of dog.

My first "family" dog was a Golden Retriever and after she passed, I swore I'd have one again. Now I'm not so sure I ever will. Great dogs, always have a soft spot for them, but don't know if they fit me.

Before I got Jackson, I went through an English Bulldog phase... but again, I think they're great dogs just not for me.

German Shepherds are kinda sorta becoming my "use to want" the more I meet. Believe me, I still gawk every time I see one, and really do LOVE them but I'm not sure they would work for me. Maybe one day soon. But they, not too long ago, were a "omg want really badly". The last few months I've kinda changed my mind, but I still have a secret love affair with them LOL

Brit & Jackson

Old 07-04-2012, 08:53 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Before I got my first Dobe, I wanted a Great Dane or a Flat Coated Retriever. I have no idea why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilter View Post
Used to own and love dobes, but between the health issues, the short coat and the whining....
If there's one reason I issue death threats to Rumor daily, this is it. I heard her in another room whining her little head off and told her to get in here so I could strangle her. She came in and put her neck in my hands.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:10 PM
My dog tickles my soul

I was obsessed with Norwegian Elkhounds for a long, long time. I have no idea why, and I'm way over it now. LOL!

I also used to be very interested in Flat-Coats, though reading more about health issues have me shying away from them. I still like the look of them, but... I just don't know.

Um... I know there is another one but I am blanking on it right now.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Fluffy Corgi Addict

When I was younger, I went through different phases of wanting a Jack Russell Terrier, then a Rough Collie, then an Italian Greyhound. But I learned that none of those had temperaments, energy levels, or grooming requirements that I was comfortable with... I discovered corgis when I was about 19 or 20 and found Shippo. I'm hooked. XD

Eevee
14-year-old F Border Collie Mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo)
8-year-old M Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Cheetah's Training Blog
Old 07-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Irish Setter and Cocker Spaniel! I've always been a fan of fringe and thought they were just gorgeous in the dog book we had. Now they are probably some of the last dogs on my list of dogs I would get.

Later on I really liked big dogs like Mastiffs and Newfie's and so on

Then I went to more sporty dogs like Poodles and from there I ended on ACD's.

Though, from the very start I loved Saluki's. I read a book in Middle School called Deerskin and the main character had a sighthound and from the description in the book I went through the trusty dog book we had and decided it was a Saluki and fell in love with them. But I never got over that and still hope to one day have one, as long as my biddable herding breeds are around too.
Oh yeah, I used to read the Big Red series about Irish Setters. I think that's why I liked them so much, they sounded awesome. In person they are just too even keeled for me, hah.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

When I was younger I wanted Dalmations and Bull Terriers. Those were *the* breeds.

Now I don't want either. If I could find a pretty Dal in rescue with the temperament of a golden I'd be all over it. But I don't want a Dal that is true to what the breed should be

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Top Dog

I really wanted an Aussie. I watched "That's my baby" on animal planet and they had an episode with an Aussie breeder and I decided I loved them. I sort of just decided they weren't my type from being on this forum.

Then I thought I thought I'd like Irish or English Setters. i really had no good reason except that they are beautiful, and I still feel like I want one when I see them, but I don't know anything about them lol.

I also convinced myself that I wanted a deaf Dalmatian, again for no good reason other than I liked how they looked and wanted to help a deaf one out. That just sort of faded away.

Not to say any of those are completely out, I don't dislike any of them, they just don't really interest me anymore, I barely know anything about Dals or the setters.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
Before I got my first Dobe, I wanted a Great Dane or a Flat Coated Retriever. I have no idea why.

If there's one reason I issue death threats to Rumor daily, this is it. I heard her in another room whining her little head off and told her to get in here so I could strangle her. She came in and put her neck in my hands.
Just drove me nuts too....
Old 07-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Not a Border Collie

I just remembered that when I was younger and we had a Swedish Vallhund, our breeder was friends with and would show with a couple of Corgi people. I wanted a tri Pemmie SO BADLY. That was my dream dog. I still really like Corgis but that dream has definitely died down... I think now I would get a Cardi if I were to get a Corgi, anyways.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 07-04-2012, 09:56 PM
<------RIP Superdog

I used to really really want a doberman and a dogo argentino. I still love both of those breeds, but I dont know if I would be a good owner/could handle either of them. They are both just so beautiful though! The doberman, mostly for the whinning and major heart issues. Perhaps someday, but IDK esp since I have my poodles and they are very much alike. The dogo because I dont know if I could handle them, or if I would be the right owner. Plus, I will have a multi-dog household and have cats. I like being able to take my dogs out in public and not worry if someone runs up to us at all with the dogs.