Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Top Dog

Default Breeds you use to want

I use to want a golden retriever. Nowadays, the looks just don't do it for me. Its interesting, but when I was younger I use to prefer long hair dogs to smooth hair dogs. Now it is the opposite, starting with my love of the pit bull.

I use to want a Great Dane but the short life span scared me off for good. Shar Pei's were high on my list but the high amount of health problems made me not want to risk it.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm All Ears

Ibizan Hound. I still kinda want one but probably not a good fit since I'm most likely always having a small dog. Also, not sure I'm a sighthound person. I was OBSESSED with beezers for about 7 years!

German Shepherd. I loved our GSDx but they're too big and most too slow for the sports I like. Especially watching the ones in agility around here... just not for me nowadays.

Collie. I always really wanted a rough collie growing up (that's why we got shelties). Not a big fan of most collie temperaments I see. Not enough drive and oomph, too much spookiness.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Haha, this is fun...

I used to want a Blue Gascon Hound. My dads friend hunted with them when I was a kid and I loved them. I don't think I would have any use for them at all now. They drool too much, hounds have a funny film on their coats, and they bay. They're still cool to look at though.

I'm not sure about the rest of my list yet, a lot of my wants are still there..
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Top Dog

I don't think there is a breed I used to want, and now no longer want. It's usually opposite with me! I think, "No way, never!"....and then I meet one and fall in love.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Top Dog

Irish and English Setters. I like to read about them, and always had this idea in my head they were fabulous, and then when I meet them in person they just don't do it for me. A little boring maybe . I liked huskies too, and now there's no way.

I always had a thing for aussies when I was a kid, and that still might come true some day.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Top Dog

When I was little, I really, really wanted a Cocker Spaniel. I'm not really sure where that came from, because I didn't know any Cockers in real life. Now, I've decided I'm more of a big dog person!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Twin 2

Irish Setter and Cocker Spaniel! I've always been a fan of fringe and thought they were just gorgeous in the dog book we had. Now they are probably some of the last dogs on my list of dogs I would get.

Later on I really liked big dogs like Mastiffs and Newfie's and so on

Then I went to more sporty dogs like Poodles and from there I ended on ACD's.

Though, from the very start I loved Saluki's. I read a book in Middle School called Deerskin and the main character had a sighthound and from the description in the book I went through the trusty dog book we had and decided it was a Saluki and fell in love with them. But I never got over that and still hope to one day have one, as long as my biddable herding breeds are around too.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

When I was a kid, I wanted an English Cocker in the worst way. That was what I dreamed of when I wanted a dog so badly.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 07-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Top Dog

Used to own and love dobes, but between the health issues, the short coat and the whining....

Now have a golden and two border collies, will of course keep something when I breed the border next year so....

Though my golden's breeder has an awesome, awesome boy and I'd totally love to have something like him. Or him. lol
Old 07-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Not a Border Collie

I was GSD crazy for years and years and was all set to get one before learning about English Shepherds. I still adore them and think about them for ages after seeing a nice one but my GSD plans have been put on hold for the time being. I will have one, just not right now.

Aussies. We had numerous Aussies while I was growing up and they were the best dogs! However, after meeting a lot of not so great Aussies and discovering English Shepherds (who have all those great "Lassie" traits my childhood dogs had), I can't say I'd seek one out. I wouldn't say no if one happened to fall into my lap but I can't say I'd go to a breeder and put my name on a litter.

Quinn - English Shepherd