Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-05-2012, 09:35 AM
just call me Nilly

My year so far... it's been a mix of everything right from wonderful to awful.

Bad stuff:
Cancer. I guess that's the biggest and worst, and really the only one needing to add to this section. Finding out I've got a brain tumor on the day Carter was born, finding out it's actually cancer, finding out it's Glioblastoma Multiform which is a vicious fight I'm going to have to continue to fight, it goes on. It's evil. It's the worst of the worst that could happen to my life.

I don't usually get that negative, and I'm doing it for a good reason. This is why.

Good stuff:
CARTER! My wonderful son, who is gorgeous and wonderful and gives us very few (none!) problems at all. He's my angel who gets me through day to day and will fight my A$$ off to be the mother he deserves. If it weren't for the day he wasn't born, I'd surely be dead now. I still wouldn't have any idea for what was going on in my brain. He is the reason I have to thank for every single day of my life.

Now the other things:

We've had such wonderful support financially from so many people. I still get funds passed along to us each few weeks, they are still surprising and such a gift and we are so incredibly thankful. Without that help we would have been completely screwed, through my own medical costs, all the traveling we still have to do, etc. We are so thankful for this support.

The emotional support that so many people send/pass through/think of would also be one of the big things. There so many people that think of me, and pray for me, and continue to support me and help me mentally. It never seems to stop, which is so incredible and something I cannot thank in any way enough. There are so many people that I know do this, and there are so so so many that have even never met me in any way but support me to help push forward and positively. That is incredible.

My husband. Yes he can be a giant BIA sometimes (haha), but he's keeping us together in ways I couldn't imagine.

So that's where I'm stopping. I guess I need to do an update soon, I'll be finding out my MRI results next week!

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 07-05-2012, 09:48 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

It's had its ups and downs. I don't feel like it has been a bad year, but a lot is definitely changing.

Mike and I have officially been together one year now.
I am now working full time, had a position change (from kennel tech to vet assistant), and got a raise.
We got two rats. ^^
Rinnie passed away.
Larry passed away. And with that came a whole lot more stress dumped onto Mike's shoulders, which he absolutely does not need.
We inherited Gracie and Cooper, which messed up my puppy plans.
I get my own place in four weeks. O.o
I passed my organic chemistry class (third times a charm!) and will be graduating this December!
Chloe's finally be started on anti-anxiety medication...we'll see how that goes.

So, all in all...its been very "meh". Good, and bad, but a whole lot of potential! This year and the beginning of next year I really feel is going to be a huge turning point in my life.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:09 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

This thread has really been interesting.

This year has been great overall so far.

There have been a few bumps in the road along the way. Brian's dad has been having a lot of health issues this year that have required trips to the hospital. A couple surgeries, a bout of pneumonia, a blood clot.... etc, etc. It's been a bad scene but right now he's doing well. He just had something going on with his pancreas but it's bad to normal and they are switching around some of the meds he's on.

Brian severing ties with his old job and setting out on a quest for a new job was exciting to say the least lol. It WAS nice to have him home for that whole month and I wish we won the lottery or something so we could always do that LOL but after being off only three weeks he already had a new job lined up and things with that job are going very well. Now we are just praying that at the end of his contract they hire him on full time (he's a contractor there through another company for 6 months at the end of that the company he's contracting to can decide to hire him on as an employee instead of a contactor). They said they would let him know by the end of august either way so at least he would have time to prepare for whatever they decide. His boss and his bosses boss are really pushing for him to come on full time but they have to convince the money lady. so praying for that but prepared for whatever happens. Either way he really likes this job and the people he works with and he gets to work from home two days a week and it's just a healthier environment for him, he's so much happier and less stressed and the pay is good.

This job gives us the prospect of getting out of this house and into a place in the country in the next year if he gets to stay on full time. that's a huge deal for us. We have way outgrown this house and I said that I had to be out of this house before Hannah was old enough to want her room re painted. I cannot bring myself to paint over the Hundred Acre wood paint job our friends had done to it.

All our parents have made it here for a visit this spring/summer so that was wonderful and there is a strong possibility that my mom will be coming here for Christmas which would be AWESOME!!!!!

We had to cancel our September trips up North and down to Disney for Hannah's Birthday but that's Ok. We have a BIG trip coming up in December and that just means we will get to throw a birthday party for Hannah here with all her friends and many of her friends also have birthday parties in September/October so we won't miss any of those either

We have a big Disney trip planned in December. it's going to be chaos because there will be 14 of us but we'll work it out

This year has been a big year for Hannah. she has grown and changed so much in the last 6 months. She's become so independant and she is not nearly as cautious as she used to be. She is still cautious about certain things but she's got more confidence and she's willing to try new things by herself. she also seems to have mostly outgrown the ear sensitivity that she was having. She still doesn't like REALLY loud things but last night we went to the fireworks and she only covered her ears twice for a few seconds when they let off the big boomers. She just seems so grown up now.

This year we really start our adventures with homeschooling with the start of Kindergarten. We've joined two co ops (one we were with last year) this year so that will be fun.

So really overall... we are incredibly blessed.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Chihuahua Power!

January through June didn't being any "life changing" events. We've been in our house for almost 3 years, went on our yearly "big" trip (this year was Nicaragua, which was an absolute BLAST!), still have all 5 of our dogs, still have the same jobs, and things are just staying pretty even. lol.

Ian now has his CPA, which means more income and more room for growth- he'll be finishing up his MBA program in the fall which should bring us even more opportunities for the future. Other than that, things have just stayed pretty much the same in our lives!

We're planning on going to NC this fall, and then somewhere else in December. Not sure where- probably WV for skiing, but we're considering going back to Nicaragua since we loved the house we stayed in so much!

I'm sorry for everyone who hasn't had the best start to the year- there are still 6 months left, so there's plenty of time for things to turn around!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 07-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Love My Mutt <3

This morning adds a death in the family to my list of bad

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Owned by 3 mutts

In Feb, I got the second biggest blessing of my life: being pregnant with our second child!

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
January through June didn't being any "life changing" events. We've been in our house for almost 3 years, went on our yearly "big" trip (this year was Nicaragua, which was an absolute BLAST!), still have all 5 of our dogs, still have the same jobs, and things are just staying pretty even. lol.

Ian now has his CPA, which means more income and more room for growth- he'll be finishing up his MBA program in the fall which should bring us even more opportunities for the future. Other than that, things have just stayed pretty much the same in our lives!

We're planning on going to NC this fall, and then somewhere else in December. Not sure where- probably WV for skiing, but we're considering going back to Nicaragua since we loved the house we stayed in so much!

I'm sorry for everyone who hasn't had the best start to the year- there are still 6 months left, so there's plenty of time for things to turn around!
We have skiing here. Just sayin'

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-05-2012, 12:39 PM
APBT crazy!

It's been good besides losing my job at the shelter due to budget cuts a few weeks ago which is probably not exactly true because they hired a new girl for 40 hours a week instead of asking me if I wanted the job I was basically replaced. At the end of February I discovered zumba and have been going to classes ever since.

My instructor is awesome and we were in the 4th of July parade yesterday which was a total blast and I am going twice a week now. So yeah it's not going too bad, I just wish I didn't lose my job there as I am probably not going back because of how I was treated. If my boss never quit in March, I would still be there whether I lost my job or not.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

It's been alright...

There have been good times and bad ones...but nothing that would make me want to hide in the corner

One of the great things is that one of my best friends got married to her very awesome boyfriend and I got to be there and be her maid of honor.

Another close friend is currently planning her wedding for next year

My dogs are growing out of their adolescent stage...this means Watson has really started settling into the dog he is going to be. You can see it and it's pretty awesome even if we still deal with the monster basenji at times. Menchi is always just fabulous!

We had some financial struggle and have had to do some careful planning and cutting our spending...which meant the dogs and I had to take a little hiatus from taking classes
However, the good news is that already after a couple of months we can see improvement and things are getting better

I am in the process of trying to change my lifestyle for a healthier version and it's been a bit of a struggle...a work in progress.

All in all...our life is good this year. I have a supportive better half, a job I enjoy, wonderful dogs, the world's most adorable tabby cat, and great people for friends online and in real life

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 07-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Taxiderpy

(((hugs))) for everyone that's had a rough year. Especially you Nilly.

This year has definitely been challenging. I'm really grateful for everything that has gone right and that my kids are safe. There's just been a lot of small blessings, tender mercies I guess you could call them, that make the bad things bearable.

Like my car used to get about 30-32 mpg. Gas prices went up and I started to panic about being able to afford gas. Then my mpg went up in proportion, until it hit 40 mpg. Gas prices dropped back down again, and it still gets 40 mpg. I didn't even do anything to my car around the time it happened. No oil change even. It just happened.