Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Top Dog

They have fought before, they have had mini fights before because of resource guarding. They can share toys but Sunny can be a prick because he doesn't like to share at times.

Food of course can cause some conflict but I'm careful with food, with some food they can eat near each ether.

Serenity is the one who can cause fights in my room. She likes to randomly guard things in my room and I've had a few close calls because of her.

So, they haven't had a full full out fight, not like Sunny and my previous dog did. They have had mini fights here and there. I don't worry about them fighting because they do ether stop themselves or I can easily intervene. They both are pretty soft/don't weigh a lot so they are easy to grab/pick up/to tell off.

I hope they stay pretty much friends till the day one of them dies. I'm lucky mine mingle so well and are so easy to pull apart/stop from fighting. My two also warn each other, a lot! There is A LOT of teeth/growling so I normally have enough time to yell at them to knock it off.

So tolerant
Old 07-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Top Dog

we've had harmless squabbles here, nothing serious.However..Lilly and Courtney HATE each other, we've tried and tried and these two girls just can't get along
Old 07-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Top Dog

Nog will snark at others (dogs only) over food. All noise though. But, we're still careful.

We're still careful with Aesop and Nog. They've been out and about with no issue, but if anything is overly stimulating, Aesop reverts to butt biting.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:49 PM
LABRADERP!

Yes....Beau is a scrapper and doesn't take crap from anybody. He's covered in scars from his fights with coons, dogs, foxes, a coyote once. He used to try to kill my Westie ALL the time and we had to have them on crate and rotate to the point they were NOT allowed to see each other.

Him and Takoda have fought twice and he tore her leg up both times. Now that he's older, he's settled down a lot, but you can still see the love of good fight in his eyes. He's a hunting dog and he lives for it. So much for laid back Beagles.....
Old 07-04-2012, 12:38 AM
*Now with Snark*

No. I manage to keep it that way as well.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Jelly baby?

The most my boys do with each other is get a little snarky. Well, Gavroche gets snarky. Logan assumes he's just playing Nothing serious ever, which surprises the crap out of me, since Gavroche tends to be a bit of an asshole. Logan used to start **** with his dad and brothers (I saw him do it, even), but since he's been here he's never tried that with any of the dogs he's been around, not even posturing.

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor

Last edited by Saeleofu; 07-04-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Fluffy Corgi Addict

Never. Eevee put Shippo in his place in the very beginning (nobody was hurt) and there's never been a real fight. They growl at each other sometimes and Eevee has snapped at Shippo for being a douche, but I've always let them works things out on their own and it's complete peace. =)

Eevee
13-year-old F Border Collie Mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo)
8-year-old M Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Cheetah's Training Blog
Old 07-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Top Dog

LoLa and Judge have gotten into one serious fight. The stupid bitch started it cause she could. I seperated them, gave them both a good what for and that was that. There is no fighting allowed here, period.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:35 AM
Let it be

Obviously no as I only have one dog but yes when I had multiples. Spanky and Bandit did scrap A LOT. They would get into awful fights and redirect aggression on to anyone splitting them up except me. It was ultimately why Spanky found a new home. I was ill and I could not keep up with the crate and rotate situation of two high needs young BCs with no help. Adding another dog scares me senseless because of my experience with it.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:42 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Ozzy and Knox can sit down and watch a PG13 movie together, but anything more exciting and they get growly. Ozzy is a jerk about fighting, and it definitely takes two people to break it up. Knox doesn't start it, but he does go "oh yeah, punk?!" which absolutely lauches Oz. So we keep a close eye on them outside of the house. Inside, they get told to knock it off and sent to their crates for anything more than a disagreement. Guarding either me or DH or a place to lay gets them removed. They're allowed to tell each other to bugger off over bones they're actively chewing on, but they typically are sneak theives about those lol.