Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Top Dog

Default Do your dogs fight?

Just curious for those in multi dog households. Do your dogs fight? Ever? Never? Frequently?

My girls never fight. Zoie and Romeo may get into a harmless yelling squabble, but really not at all. I think Boomer and Casey fought once when they were younger over dropped food.

My boys are all a little scrappy with each other, but not often. Mostly over resources or excitement. Romeo and Soldier are the exception though...they went from rarely to occasionally to injuries and now nearly total separation. I wish I could mediate this but I don't want to risk it. They can be in the same room and don't react to each other, but I don't allow them to interact anymore.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Top Dog

Back when Lady was alive her and Yoshi wouldn't really fight but Lady definitely told Yoshi what to do. Yoshi would get in her face to play constantly and if she pushed it Lady would tackle her and it was over. Nothing more than that.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Arnold and Backup have fought a few times.

Sucks, we're very careful because of this.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Teagan can be scrappy, and the girls can get into little scraps, but its mostly over some hight value items or because Teagan has had enough of Mitsu's pestering, but that rarely happens and of course the girls are never allowed alone together and we try and keep high value items out of reach.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 07-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Top Dog

Because our boys have such a large size discrepancy (16 pounds v. 54 pounds v. 100 pounds), we tend to curb any aggression between them (a loud "HEY beat it" will usually get everybody moving in opposite directions). Liberty basically mouths off at everyone, but no retaliation or contact is tolerated.

No one has ever been injured, but IIRC Bailey and Mammoth got into an argument over food once and there was lots of drool and shrieking but lucky for Bailey he's tough and quick!

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 07-03-2012, 11:08 PM
orange iguanas.

No, not at all.

If Lucy is on the couch and Juno walks by, Lucy will growl at her. And that is the extent of any conflicts with them. Right now they are curled up on their bed together like they do every night, and Juno has been a HUGE help in alleviating Lucy's separation anxiety. They ignore each other for the most part but I think they really like each other

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Sport Model Pug

Izzie likes to enforce. It sounds like fighting but really all she does is rear up, grab their neck skin, and hold.

It's mostly when the other pugs are barking their heads off at something.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Yes. Lincoln, Stryder, and Charlie will sometimes get into it with one another, always caused by Lincoln resource guarding food. Tsuki and Kiba will sometimes get into with posturing and some pissed off noises from Kiba. All are able to go back to being friends after a scuffle/tiff, so thankfully that has not been a bridge I have had to cross yet.

Most off their triggers are easily manageable, and it's only when I fusk up that something goes wrong.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Big Dog

Because we are always having different dogs going in and out (watching between shows), it ruins their social chain I think so occasionally they have a little scrapping. But nothing too serious.

At the moment we have one boy and four girls, and they all run together without problems. The only thing they do is growl when they get jealous but it doesn't usually escalate past that with the ones we have.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Durp Dog

Not so far.