Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 07-04-2012, 06:05 AM
Love my pets

Thanks everyone. We will be researching to find another vet. I am totally disgusted. They won't give money back because we are obligated to bring her back in to get the bordatella - NO WAY!!!!!!!!! I might live in the south, but I'm still a NYer at heart and can speak up!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:37 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04 View Post
Thanks everyone. We will be researching to find another vet. I am totally disgusted. They won't give money back because we are obligated to bring her back in to get the bordatella - NO WAY!!!!!!!!! I might live in the south, but I'm still a NYer at heart and can speak up!
In what way are you obligated to bring her back? That makes NO sense. I don't give bordatella and I'd be ticked if the vet gave orders to give my dog a vaccine without my explicit approval - and then tried to charge me for it.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 07-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Love my pets

The vet kept saying that I have to bring her back because they charged me for it, won't give me a refund, and she was supposed to get it before they released her! It doesn't make any sense to me either why I "have" to do it because "I am NOT going to do it". This vet has really gotten to me at this point.......looks for new vet.....
Old 07-04-2012, 09:20 AM
such sights to show you

I'm astonished that they're being so stubborn about this. What does it gain them to not refund your money? What crappy service and a crappy way to treat a client.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04 View Post
The vet kept saying that I have to bring her back because they charged me for it, won't give me a refund, and she was supposed to get it before they released her! It doesn't make any sense to me either why I "have" to do it because "I am NOT going to do it". This vet has really gotten to me at this point.......looks for new vet.....
Yeah a new vet is probably best! What a jerk.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 07-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Behavior Nerd

I'd be asking to speak with the office manager and/or practice owner about a refund. When you talk to them, explain 1. you don't want the vax because it's not protective retroactively, she is not healthy and they are designed to be given only to healthy animals, and you don't need it for anything else and 2. you'll be finding a new vet because of the way you were treated. They need to know *why* you are leaving the practice - maybe it'll spur some change down the line.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
2. you'll be finding a new vet because of the way you were treated. They need to know *why* you are leaving the practice - maybe it'll spur some change down the line.
This exactly. Even if the vet IS the practice owner, I would make it clear to him that you're now finding a new vet over this and they can look forward to sending your vet records elsewhere soon.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

I don't do much for vaccines and certainly not kennel cough. The worst cases of kennel cough I've had to deal with were the dogs that had the vaccines for it. Since not doing kennel cough it's been pretty easy, Storee was the last one to go through it and she coughed about five times in one day, three the next and that was it. We go to shows, training and the boarding kennel were I work without issues or coughing. The kennel doesn't even require kennel cough on the boarding dogs and has never had an outbreak.