Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-03-2012, 11:51 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
As far as taking the "profitable items" from the city, it's not like you're actually getting free garbage or recycling pick up, you pay for it with taxes, so I really wouldnt worry about it paying for free pick up
We actually get a credit for recycling. And I think the concern was more that the city probably sells the items to someone else to make money, so will they care about other people taking stuff first.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Yah it's not that easy with a good shredder though, yoko we have a cross shredder, so it basically destroys any chance of putting it together. I've tried, you can put it together if you have a lot of time to kill, but good luck reading it

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Let it be

Doesn't bother me at all.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:40 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

IF they don't leave a mess I don't either but the problem around here is they do leave a mess and a big one at that. Specially if someone just moved out.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Top Dog

We live in the middle of nowhere so if someone looks questionable and is going through my trash I'm going to intervene. I have been broken into and it was not by someone that was looking for food. It's not a short walk for the homeless out here. Idiot didn't need our power tools, mini bike and whatever else he took.

If there are things with life left in them like coffee tables or vaccums we put them out well before trash day by the road with a free sign.

Garbage goes out the morning they pick it up. Thieves can to easily tell how you live by what's in your trash. Receipts, garbage etc. they know where to hit. It's not all harmless. Supposedly that could have been one of the ways they knew how to pick homes out here a couple years ago that supposedly had blinds pulled and the people had never been in.

Other thing about our area is the big flea market- baby stuff is recalled so often I have friends that spray paint it and try to break it before throwing it out. Same with me when I know something's broken. They cheat people left and right there with garbage pickings. Some do fix things, many don't.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 07-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I still can't get my head round a) you don't recycle anyway... And B), you har that many homeless people they're just wandering about rummaging in rubbish????

The fact the homeless population is so high is REALLY sad.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I still can't get my head round a) you don't recycle anyway... And B), you har that many homeless people they're just wandering about rummaging in rubbish????

The fact the homeless population is so high is REALLY sad.
For me I live in the middle of no where. We recycle our cans but we have to take them in ourselves. The houses are so far apart out here it really would be a drain for us to have to pay or the county to have to pay for pick up.

I actually have never seen a homeless person in my town. If you need help here you go to a church *member or not* and you get help either with getting car rides or a place to live or food or clothes. But in the city where I work there are homeless people. But even in the city there are so many resources for homeless people there isn't any reason for someone to be outside during bad weather, not get food, not get clothes, not have a place to sleep.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:20 PM
such sights to show you

Well, I can only speak for my own neighborhood, but no we don't have tons of homeless people rummaging around in the trash. There are people that cruise up and down the alleys looking for free stuff, though, so you can leave stuff you don't want anymore out BY the trash and it will disappear. I've never seen anyone actually going through the trash, though.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Obey the Toad.

I have never seen anyone going through our trash, but if they did I would stop them. I don't care if it's on the curb or not, the idea of people rummaging through my garbage for any reason is creepy. If we have an object that someone might want we either donate it or leave it out separate from the trash can.

I don't really see homeless people in our town. There are people who will occasionally be at a shopping area holding a sign, but they are not just sitting out in the street begging like you see in Chicago.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
... you don't? No binners? Not even in your big cities?

I don't think we have many in the city I live in, mostly the people I see bottle collecting are not homeless, and the true homeless we do have come in for day trips on public transit from the big city.