Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-29-2012, 03:03 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Default Stressing

The dogs go to their dog sitters tonight (Chloe is staying with a friend, Violet is staying with a dog sitter that we met through a dog ranch/doggie hotel type place.) I think Violet will be okay. She loves people in general, and she's in good hands. I'm stressing about leaving Chloe. She's going to be in the best place possible (with a friend of ours that she knows well) and she'll be okay, but honestly, I don't know if I'M going to be okay. Whenever I think of her leaving, I get a terrible feeling in my stomach and I feel like crying. I know she's gonna be in good hands but I HATE leaving her. She paces and gets sad and pouty if my sister and I spend the night with a friend or something, and that's WITH other family members spending the whole time with her. Ugh, it just sucks. It's only 3 days. But I just wish we could take her with us. And truthfully, I'm more upset about letting Violet go than I'm letting on, too. I'm going to miss them both the whole time.

I'm not sure what the point of this is, I just wanted to get it out.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 06-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I know the feeling. I'm boarding the paps overnight at the vet hospital on Monday and I'm sick about it.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 06-29-2012, 05:33 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I just always feel like she's going to think we're not coming back. She's only ever been left like this one other time and it was a long time ago. She did okay, but it wasn't long after we got her, so she wasn't as attached to us as she is now. Even then, I bawled when she left. I know I'm going to cry this time.

We're about to take Violet to the dog sitters, and then Chloe will get picked up around 9pm.

Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Old 06-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

Sorry to hear you're so stressed about leaving them - that's not a good feeling at all. I am sure they will be fine. I was worried about Dance's behaviour (for the sanity of her sitter) when I left her for the first time this year, but otherwise I knew she was in great hands and didn't worry in that regard. Dogs are pretty adaptable and I think we miss them much more than they miss us. In fact, I kind of think mine might even have more fun when I leave them somewhere than they do with me sometimes! They get their own mini holiday while I have mine. :-)

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 06-29-2012, 06:55 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Yeah I think Violet will have a BLAST. We just dropped her off, and she loved their husky! They have a husky, a cocker, a standard poodle, a Dane, and a shepherd mix. The other dogs were outside but I got a few pics of her with the Husky, and I'll post them later. she actually was great with their cat, too, surprisingly! She did freak out a little when we left, but I feel good about leaving her there, she's in good hands. The lady is amazing, I should probably tell her about Chaz.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:13 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Chloe just left. I cried. But she's gonna be fine, she wagged her tail the whole way to the car. My friend promised she'd snuggle her the whole time, and let her sleep in her bed. <3 *deep breath* It's only three days.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Top Dog

I am planning a trip to Vegas for SuperZoo in September. I have never left LoLa even overnight let alone 3 days. My parents said they'd watch her although I am not sure I am comfortable with that. I feel your pain.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Top Dog

I feel your pain! I HATE leaving Jackson. I think the longest I've left him was 6 nights and it was torture lol. He always stays with my dad - who has a big fenced in yard, two dogs, and he gets spoiled rotten over there. I know he's in good hands, and he's always fine, but my dad said he definitely does act weird/different without me. But I'm definitely worse than him! LOL

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-29-2012, 10:36 PM
orange iguanas.

I am the worst dog owner ever because I LOOOVE getting a break from the dogs.

BUT I understand where you're coming from ; I'm sure they'll be fine!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Wild At Heart

I don't like leaving Harleigh, but I think she LOVES getting a break from me And then she gets super excited when I get home... I get all kinds of tail wags and "a-rooing" from her

The longest I've been away from Harleigh was 3.5 weeks, I think.

Harleigh <3