Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Top Dog

Could be little sebaceous cysts too, I have one permanent one and I've gotten them here and there along my hairline. Let us know what the doc says!

Old 07-01-2012, 05:50 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Thanks everyone. I am calling the doc first thing tomorrow morning and they are pretty good about getting people in same day so hopefully we will see her tomorrow afternoon sometime.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-01-2012, 06:25 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmom777 View Post
Yes, from your description it sounds like lymph nodes.
I was going to say the same.

My daughter had the same thing on her neck after a tick bite(Cat's 19 now, but this was when she was 7) The pediatrician said not to fret and described in dumbed down terms (for me ) that the lymph nodes were reacting to the tick bite. They took forever and a day to go away!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:48 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Got an appt today at 12:45. It's not with our regular doc but I've seen this doc before and he's very nice. I love that this office gets the whole "freaking out mom" thing. When I was making the appt the receptionist asked "what are we seeing her for today" and I told her that after removing a tick from her head I later noticed two hard lumps on at the base of her skull and just want to have them looked at." and then I added "for my own peace of mind" and she just said "absolutely... we can get you in at 12:45" lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Top Dog

How did the doc's go?? Hope everything is ok!!!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Oh yeah sorry. It went well. Doc thinks it's just some calcification. He said they aren't cystic. They are hard and don't move and they don't cause her any pain so he is thinking te tick bite is just a coincidence and the bumps were probably there before and I just never really had a reason to check for them.

He said to keep an eye in them. If they get bigger or start causing pain come back in but he doesn't think that will be the case

So PHEW!!! Hannah was a good patient and te student doctor got a laugh at the end when Hannah pointed and said "hey my daddy has a stethescope too.... And a blood pressure cuff". Lol he laughed and said "wow you have quite a vocabulary. How old are you?". "I'm four.... And a HALF". Lol so se was her usual goofy self and then she got a lollipop at the end and when we were on our way out she said "i got a lollipop because I was a good patient and it wasn't scary at all". Lol silly girl

G.K. Chesterton

Old 07-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Top Dog

Oh whew! I missed this thread before. But am glad she's okay. You must be very relieved. These things always make Moms nervous.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson