Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-02-2012, 09:08 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Just got power back tonight! Gahhh, so hot we can't go upstairs. It was 85 on the main level of the house when it came back on, and probably 5+ degrees warmer upstairs. A/C is working overtime to try to cool it down so we can sleep.
We ran upstairs yesterday to grab some clothes. OMG. I could barely breathe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
The intersections with the highway I was on were scary with no lights, too.
That's been the creepiest part to me. Driving along a huge highway and everything is just black. It's so odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Has anyone heard if its going to cool down a little anytime soon?
I think it's supposed to get hotter as the week goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
One warning on generators-candles+lit cigarettes+gas generator can equal very, very bad thing. We had a blackout last year and a friend we shall call Beevis set up the generator...with a cigarette hanging from his mouth the whole time.

I was watching from a distant window praying the end would be fast and painless...obviously we're all still here but anyway...oh and try to keep as much ventilation as possible, the exhaust on them old gas generators is ghastly
Generators are diesel, so it shouldn't really be a problem. It isn't going to ignite.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

First of all... Power is back on at work thank goodness.

There are TONS of people still without power though and a lot of traffic lights are still out.

Here is what I just heard over the news. 3 million people lost power from the storm. About a million have had power restored but there's still a lot of work to be done. The death toll right now is at 22. I also heard that people from all over are coming out to help clean up the damages and restore power. They named a crew from GA that's helping and also apparently some Canadian utility workers and electrical companies tricked out here to help us out. Thank you SO much!!!

They are calling for more thunderstorms but as of right now they don't think they will be anywhere near as bad as Friday night's storm. They said the humidity is rising though which is bad for people still without power though as far as I know there are some cooling centers that opened up so people can stay cool. They don't know when we will have a break with this heat wave.

I can't even really walk my dogs right now. We go outside long enough for them to do their business and then rush back inside because its too hot.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 07-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Just showed up at work. I'm the ONLY living soul in the entire shopping center and I'm actually scared to go inside.

Here's a photo I just snapped. That's the Dunkin Donuts and my dog daycare is to the left. All of these stores usually have night lights on, but now its pitch black.

Should I mention that I'm actually a little afraid of the dark? I have to go park behind the building since all the dogs were moved last night to our other building behind the shopping center. Oh and the neighborhood behind the shopping center isn't a great one exactly which makes me all the more chicken sh@t right now.
That is so creepy! I'm glad to hear you're getting power back. Everyone stay safe down there!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Top Dog

Yup, our power is still out over at my moms place. Thank goodness all weekend I had the house I was dogsitting at, and now tonight I am at my dads house, which is a bit farther away but they had it bad too and I very surprised his power stayed on.

Thank god your work power came back on Amber! What a pain!