Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahla9999 View Post
I'm just happy people are actually looking out for the kids. Yeah, its embarrassing, but I rather people be intrusive when they suspect something might not be right, than ignore their suspicions.

Looking out for kids is fine, making nasty comments to a random stranger without any clue is NOT...

If this kids your neighbor, or a child you are familiar with and you have reason to suspect something's off that's different...

Kolby's feeling better now and Jenn's decided to not let that stuff get to her... Every time she's in town without Matt she gets comments... I remember how that felt! In Jenn's case she's not even that young but she looks it...
Old 07-01-2012, 09:14 AM
<--------Orson

Uh ya, making comments to the person you 'think' is abusing is going to accomplish ZIP......well, it might make them mad so they go home and hit some more maybe? Yes to calling authorities to investigate suspected abuse, NO to approaching random people and making accusations with zero facts

Let me say that woman is a moron......that looks nothing at all like a hit, slap or even a fall. I mean come on, there would at least be some shading of green or blue with swelling like that.

FWIW, whenever I'm out and about and see kids with bruises and lumps, the first thought into my head is falling. Probably because I was the oldest of 5 kids, have raised 5 kids, and been around countless kids........I know how often they get bumped and scraped through sheer accident, LOL

And ouch! to that sting spot! I was stung on the lip once and I thought that was horrible..........that close to the eye? I hope he feels better real soon!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahla9999 View Post
I'm just happy people are actually looking out for the kids. Yeah, its embarrassing, but I rather people be intrusive when they suspect something might not be right, than ignore their suspicions.
I actually don't mind if someone looks and it does look like the kid has been hit saying something to someone to have it checked out.

But if you look at that it doesn't even look like a hit. It's swollen but there isn't any bruising.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Top Dog

I'm not agreeing with how she did it, but even if she decided to call the authorities about it, it still would have been a hassle for the mother. Most people who saw the toddler wouldn't have gave it a second thought, even children with actual bruises because it is assume that they got hurt on accident since children will be children. The women jumped into conclusions, yes, but she was just looking out for the child by throwing attention to the mother. Since she did it in a public place, she made all eyes turn to the mother and child and see for themselves what she believe happen. Doing that, other people are more likely to become involve and the mother would have to offer a good explanation for that child's injuries. Not the best way, no. Good intentions, yes.

To be honest, if I saw the child, I would have had hard time telling where the injury came from. But I'm very dark skin, and our bruises don't discolor. Its harder to tell if I have a bruise. I was really surprise when a white friend of mine would get bruises and it would appear purple! Was the women who confronted your daugther black by any chance?

Old 07-01-2012, 11:57 AM
such sights to show you

For years, one of my nephews had a birthmark under one of his eyes that looked EXACTLY like a big fat black eye. It went away eventually, but my poor SIL used to get the stink eye all the time when he was wee.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Top Dog

That's awful! It is pretty apparent that is caused by an insect. It is not the same looking at all as a bruise from smacking or even running into a table or something. That's unbelievable!

When my daughter was a baby, she had a hemangioma on her cheek...a little collection of tiny capillaries near the surface of the skin. Along with that was an ever-so-slight bluish coloration and some paleness to the skin in between the bluish areas. When out and about, there were people who would ask, "what happened to her?" And they'd look at me and then at her in a weird way. It made me so mad. Looking closely, you could see the blood vessels like a little road map. What dummies they were! I was glad when that thing finally dissipated and didn't show up anymore.

I can't believe the gall of some people. It's one thing to report abuse when you are darn sure what's going on. But to assume some swelling or a bruise couldn't possibly be caused by something other than abuse is illogical, stupid and insulting.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson