Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-22-2005, 02:39 PM
rottiegirl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojozen
What papers? Are they from the AKC or the UKC or the CKC? Papers don't mean crock if they dont come from a recognized NATIONAL kennel club. And even then they dont' say anything about the validity of the temperment or the health of the dog in question.

I have a mutt. He's a pit bull - dachshund cross. Very sweet, has skeletal problems mostly in his hips and in his legs. I paid $40 for him. But because all these cutesy names are so popular these days for mutts, when people ask me what he is? I say he's a "Mongolian Poochie Dog."

I get asked repeatedly where they can get a Mongolian Poochie Dog like mine.
I have noticed that maltipoo breeders say that their puppies are ckc registered or that both parents are AKC registered.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-22-2005, 03:04 PM
mojozen's Avatar
mojozen mojozen is offline
bullie lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madison, wi
Posts: 1,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottiegirl
I have noticed that maltipoo breeders say that their puppies are ckc registered or that both parents are AKC registered.
Yes, but doesn't a puppy have to be purebred itself in order to get papers from a nationally recognized kennel club? So wonderful your puppy's parents have papers - good for you - your puppy is still a mutt.

Sorry if i seem a bit aggressive, crap like this annoys the hell out of me.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-22-2005, 09:31 PM
rottiegirl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojozen
Yes, but doesn't a puppy have to be purebred itself in order to get papers from a nationally recognized kennel club? So wonderful your puppy's parents have papers - good for you - your puppy is still a mutt.

Sorry if i seem a bit aggressive, crap like this annoys the hell out of me.
It annoys the hell out of me too. I dont understand why they think its so great that the parents are registered. Being AKC registered does nothing more than just proving that the dog is pure bred. Its useless to mixed puppies.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-23-2005, 12:49 AM
Madaline's Avatar
Madaline Madaline is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 66
Default Papers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojozen
What papers? Are they from the AKC or the UKC or the CKC? Papers don't mean crock if they dont come from a recognized NATIONAL kennel club. And even then they dont' say anything about the validity of the temperment or the health of the dog in question.

I have a mutt. He's a pit bull - dachshund cross. Very sweet, has skeletal problems mostly in his hips and in his legs. I paid $40 for him. But because all these cutesy names are so popular these days for mutts, when people ask me what he is? I say he's a "Mongolian Poochie Dog."

I get asked repeatedly where they can get a Mongolian Poochie Dog like mine.

NEWSPAPERS, That is how much they are selling in the newspapers, I never said anything about registration papers. Go onto the Vancouver Sun Classified section and you can see for yourself how much dogs are selling for, I would like to pay only $40.00 for a little dog, but it is nearly impossible to get a toy breed for unde $300.00. Purebreed or MUTT
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-23-2005, 12:03 PM
mojozen's Avatar
mojozen mojozen is offline
bullie lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madison, wi
Posts: 1,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaline
NEWSPAPERS, That is how much they are selling in the newspapers, I never said anything about registration papers. Go onto the Vancouver Sun Classified section and you can see for yourself how much dogs are selling for, I would like to pay only $40.00 for a little dog, but it is nearly impossible to get a toy breed for unde $300.00. Purebreed or MUTT
A lot of shelters do sell their dogs for $100US or less. Even puppies. In my opinion, and ONLY my opinion, getting a dog out of the papers is almost as bad as from a petstore - because that's another place BYBers sell puppies.

Why do i say this? Because prior to adopting Mojo I attempted to buy a lhasa apso puppy from the classifieds of Chicago. I asked the breeder if i could meet both paretns and see where they kept their dogs and the whelping area? I wasn't allowed to meet the sire, and wasn't allowed to see where the dogs had been living at ALL. This struck me as very odd so I declined to buy the puppy and stuck with searching shelters for a year to find a dog that would work with me.

Voila Mojo - wonder mutt - 35 to 40 lbs of love - already housebroken and crate trained. All for $40. What a steal!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-31-2005, 05:19 PM
LuckyLover's Avatar
LuckyLover LuckyLover is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 40
Default Maltipoo

I have a maltipoo! He is the best dog in the whole world. Getting a maltipoo is a great choice I think. I spent $350 canadian on my dog and my dog 5 years ago. He is known by all as the gentle men of the neihghbor hood. Or long legged Lucky. I think that getting a maltipoo would be one of the best descioons you've ever made. But thats just my opinion My baby boy Lucky 5 year old Maltipoo. No Maltipoos arn't pue breeds but they are still wonderful dogs. I did not read your whole post when i first posted this. You dog was not raised well. My mom once went to court and sued a lady who ran a kitten mill are cat became very sick within a couple days of getting it. Make sure you bring your puppy to the vets asap to make sure its been vaccinated and is healthy. You dog will be a great dog just maake sure to handle it lots because animals rraised on mills are often never handle. So make sure to handle him or her lots and get it socialized with other dogs as well as humans and you will have a great dog no doubt

ps. Maltipoos are also known for being one of the longest living dogs some have liven up to 18 years but thats at the very best most commen is 14-16 years. Also cross breeds are known for being much healthier then purebreeds. He has never had any health problems and is now 5 turning 6 in May

Last edited by LuckyLover; 12-31-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-31-2005, 05:21 PM
Saje Saje is offline
Island dweller
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 23,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLover
I have a maltipoo! He is the best dog in the whole world. Getting a maltipoo is a great choice I think. Saying that X's shouldn't be made is like saying that Black people and White people should have kids or that differewnt reliogons shouldn't have kids. I spent $350 on my dog and my dog 5 years ago. He is known by all as the gentle men of the neihghbor hood. Or long legged Lucky. I think that getting a maltipoo would be one of the best descioons you've ever made. But thats just my opinion My baby boy Lucky 5 year old Maltipoo
I know you love your dog but you can't compare breeding mutts between breeding human races. Human babies with mixed backgrounds aren't abandoned or put to sleep when they pee in the house or aren't cute anymore. It's a whole different story.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Beauceron Beauceron is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 51
Default

Just a side note, several people are mentioning the CKC, well there is the Canadian KC, which is ligit, but there is also, the Continental KC, created by millers and for millers, you can register mixes as "experimental crosses" On the reg, papers there is even a spot for you to list your "hybrid breed's name" In other words We can all just start making up breeds.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-31-2005, 08:32 PM
iluvdogs's Avatar
iluvdogs iluvdogs is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,332
Default

Just because some dogs are not purbreed, don't mean they are less of a dog then the ones that are! All our life we had mixed dogs, some we paid for some we got free. We known people who have purbreed and they had more problems with there dogs then we did with our mixed dogs. You cant put a price on a dog when you see how happy they are to see you, or how they can love you non stop.

This is my Multi-poo and I am not sorry that I paid 200 for him. Madaline is right when she said its nearly impossible to find a little dog that is a Mutt or Purebreed for cheap.

Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-31-2005, 08:40 PM
gaddylovesdogs gaddylovesdogs is offline
no touchy
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,125
Default

Nobody is saying that because your dog is a mutt it's somehow "stupid". Most people here love mutts, including me (I've got two of my own). But breeding them is wrong when there are so many waiting for homes in shelters!! Did you know that around 5 million dogs are euthanized in American shelters every year? 750,000 dogs and cats are gassed to death in Lousiana annually.
__________________
No touchy.
BSL - Bull Sh!t Law
Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site