Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Taco Dog

Oh I know. But, it makes them money, so they don't care what they call it, as long as the cash keeps rolling in.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 12-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Puppy Dog

On a lighter note...Murphie is a rescued mutt, but when someone asks what breed she is I say "oh, she's an all Canadian", and its usually gets a good chuckle. For some reason, 'mutt' is seen as sort of a pejorative or substandard, as in "oh she's JUST a mutt". Don't know why and have never understood it.
She's all good dog as far as I'm concerned
Old 12-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Top Dog

I checked on Maltipoos today and yes they are a "breed" accepted by some cross breed assoc. Sad !!
Old 12-20-2005, 08:07 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
I checked on Maltipoos today and yes they are a "breed" accepted by some cross breed assoc. Sad !!
What are cross breed assoc.?
Old 12-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Top Dog

Just google into breeds,,, they (unfortunatley ) are listed ...
Old 12-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Twin 2.0

Associations. I assume it's an organization created by those who felt left out of the AKC, CKC, UKC, NKC and any other KC's out there because their dog is an overpriced mutt and they want some sort of recognition for that.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:24 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
Associations. I assume it's an organization created by those who felt left out of the AKC, CKC, UKC, NKC and any other KC's out there because their dog is an overpriced mutt and they want some sort of recognition for that.
Exactly. Just because they make thier own little organization and list mutts as breeds doesnt make those "designer dogs" actual breeds. Does anyone agree? Do they even have a breed standard?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:16 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottiegirl
Exactly. Just because they make thier own little organization and list mutts as breeds doesnt make those "designer dogs" actual breeds. Does anyone agree? Do they even have a breed standard?
The only breed standard is that they be cute when they are born so they can sell em for big bucks.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-20-2005, 09:23 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19
The only breed standard is that they be cute when they are born so they can sell em for big bucks.
Thats what i thought.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:55 PM
bullie lover

Default To Madeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaline
I think it is up to the individual what they want in a dog and how much they want to pay, unfortunately that is what the price of a dog like mine is in the papers.
What papers? Are they from the AKC or the UKC or the CKC? Papers don't mean crock if they dont come from a recognized NATIONAL kennel club. And even then they dont' say anything about the validity of the temperment or the health of the dog in question.

I have a mutt. He's a pit bull - dachshund cross. Very sweet, has skeletal problems mostly in his hips and in his legs. I paid $40 for him. But because all these cutesy names are so popular these days for mutts, when people ask me what he is? I say he's a "Mongolian Poochie Dog."

I get asked repeatedly where they can get a Mongolian Poochie Dog like mine.