Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Top Dog

I agree.. since he's not a breed, just tell them he's a loving mix....if they ask what... say his Mom was a ? and his dad was a ? .... and add that you love him to dearh !
Old 12-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Taco Dog

Good idea gaddy and Grammy! Don't wanna help aid the problem of people thinking these are true breeds.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 12-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Puppy Dog

Default I have a Maltipoo

I got a maltipoo a couple of months ago, she is the most wonderful dog I have every had. I already have a 12 year old minature poodle and was planning on getting another one but was unable to find one, and talked to a breeder and she said there was not alot around right now as they were having alot of trouble with toys and minis with leg problems. So I decided against getting one and got a maltipoo instead, my vet said she is a wonderful dog and very layed back and not so hyper as the poodle as mixed breeds make wonderful pets and usually dont have as many health problems as the purebreed dogs. So enjoy your maltipoo I payed $550.00 Canadian for mine but she was worth every penny, dogs here are very expensive, mutts and purebreed, a minature poodle is $1,000.00 so I guess I got off with half price.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Top Dog

I feel you pay for careful breeding,( all tested ), great socialization, loving care , good health care etc.... for these, I don't find $500 too high. It keeps away the run-of-the-mills who plan to pay $50 to $100. As long as they didn't advertise them as a rare " breed", enjoy you great mutt !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 12-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Top Dog

they are NOT a purebred, no such thing as a purebred malit poo..as was said earlier they are just a mixed breed, not a breed. I am sorry you paid $200 for him, but glad he has a good home. as for posting pictures...go to www.photobucket.com and set up an account. then after you submit photos to your account (a free account) you can post pictures here. larger photos without having to change your avatar each time.
take your dog to the vet if you have not already. if he has not yet had his shots (ask the breeder/puppy mill/back yard breeder for proof of shots) get them done right away or you could very easily lose him to some diseases wich cannot be cured.
I agree with the others, just call him a mix and say he is whatever with whatever. by the way, which dog in your avatar is supposed to be a malti poo? the black and tan looks like a german shepherd mix, the tan one looks like...lab mix? its a tiny pic so I might be proven wrong when you post a larger one but I dont see poodle, deffinetly dont see maltese.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaline
I got a maltipoo a couple of months ago, she is the most wonderful dog I have every had. I already have a 12 year old minature poodle and was planning on getting another one but was unable to find one, and talked to a breeder and she said there was not alot around right now as they were having alot of trouble with toys and minis with leg problems. So I decided against getting one and got a maltipoo instead, my vet said she is a wonderful dog and very layed back and not so hyper as the poodle as mixed breeds make wonderful pets and usually dont have as many health problems as the purebreed dogs. So enjoy your maltipoo I payed $550.00 Canadian for mine but she was worth every penny, dogs here are very expensive, mutts and purebreed, a minature poodle is $1,000.00 so I guess I got off with half price.
My Canadian mutts only cost between $40-$120.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Top Dog

my mixed breed was $18. my purebred was over a grand but not for a pet quality, he has working wuality temperament. so I paid for that quality. if I had wanted a purebred pet I could have paid $500 or less.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Taco Dog

Both my American mutts were free!

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 12-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Top Dog

My American rat terrier was free, my american bichon frise/beagle mutt was $90.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Puppy Dog

Default Mutts are getting expensive

Well I dont know about down in the states but here in BC Canada, mutts as you so like to call them, we refer to them as Hybrid dogs are going for a pretty penny, they seem to be the thing to have right now that is why they can sell them for the amount they do, Designer dogs, mostly crossed with poodles. I wasnt going to get one as I said before, I wanted a purebreed poodle, but none were available so I got my little maltipoo, she is fabulous, so easy and cute as a button. They can charge the amount they do as they are in such high demand as they seem to be free from all the problems that purebreed dogs are having lately, I dont think you can get a small dog for under $300.00 here, mostly they range from $400. to $1,000. You can still get some large mutts for real cheap as they are not in so high demand as the little dogs.