Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I worked at Tim Horton's (double drive-through, no sit downs) and another individual coffee shop/cafe, and you definitely couldn't when I worked at either of those places. If somebody was sitting at the window for too long, you had to ask them to pull out and then go outside to bring them their order.

My cousins works at a McDonald's they've had to sit there and wait for somebody to solve their problems first before serving for the same reason, too. I've sat there waiting before (not at the window, we were one of the cars stuck in the middle)

So... no, they may not have been able to.
All the McDonalds around here take take your money and send you on your way while they are taking the order of the person behind you. Probably depends on the place.

I have had this issue at McDonald's before. Finally, I had to explain very slowly in great detail that I would pay for the price of an entire kids meal but DO NOT WANT a drink with it, I'll pay for the drink, but I do not want it physically given to me, and then I would like to purchase a separate bottle of water. And yes, I did check the food for spit--lol.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:40 PM
SevenSins

They can't charge for water because water there is free. It's a stupid technicality, but it is what it is. Next time, the easiest thing to do is just ask for a coke or whatever, and "oh by the way, I also need a cup of water with that." Dump out the drink you don't want or hand it right back to them and ask if they can please throw it away.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:57 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
She didn't answer right away and I heard her open the window and say to whoever was there "Give me a second I can't take your money until I'm done with this difficult customer"
At this point, I would have called up to the other driver, "COULD YOU TELL THE DIFFICULT LADY AT THE WINDOW THAT ALL I WANT IS WATER WITH MY ORDER?"

Then I would have left.

ETA:
Then I read this part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
I couldn't leave since I was boxed in. And it was one of the ones that has a curb leading cars so I couldn't just drive away since they were watching me and making sure I ordered/paid before letting anyone in front of me move. So by the time I was able to drive away they had my money :/
That stinks. Though, I still would have just cancelled my order, waited my way through the line, and waved cheerily at the employee as I passed the window without giving them a dime.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:03 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Ugh I hate rediculous people like that. esp the: "Wouldn't your child rather have coke or icetea with that?!" Siriously? I mean common.

I do remember having to pull out of like at McD's eons ago - but that was pretty much the last time I went there. ^^
Even our register has multi-order option... You just hit a button and go to the next sales thing.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:47 AM
Sit! Good dog.

That is totally insane, and I would TOTALLY be emailing that verbatim to the local news crew.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 06-29-2012, 04:10 AM
...ice road...

I *always always ALWAYS* have problems when I want a water instead of soda at a fast food place. ALWAYS. McDonalds used to tell me they couldn't sell a water with a meal, but they stopped doing that recently because I just give them a DEATH GLARE and tell them to get a manager and override the computer, because I'm not moving until you tell me I am getting WATER with my food. lol