Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Kaydee

A drink, a drag in moderation DOES change your mood, and that can certainly be a good thing. But I get just as high on a breezy day at the reservation with Pookins looking back and laughing over her shoulder...certainly love natural highs too.

Something else positive about pot, nevermind this medical marijuana fiasco...is it has been used for medicinal purposes forever. My sister in law was having massive radiation and chemo. Smoking helped the nausea, gave her some appetite she badly needed, and made her feel relaxed and happy given the situation. Another tumor eventually got her two years later. But like she'd say "It works for me, what's it gonna do give me cancer?". For some people it's a blessing.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Top Dog

Weed can be a blessing for everybody if they just try it...LOL.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 06-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Weed can be a blessing for everybody if they just try it...LOL.
Being around somebody smoking weed gives me heart palpations and a major migraine. No thanks

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Wine is the difference between me losing it in an earth shattering panic attack at the end of a work week and me feeling good, cuddly, sleepy, and waking up refreshed for the weekend.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Being around somebody smoking weed gives me heart palpations and a major migraine. No thanks
This is what prevented me from ever trying it, despite growing up in a hippie town.

Plus I could never bring myself to smoke something that reeks like the back end of a skunk.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
This is what prevented me from ever trying it, despite growing up in a hippie town.

Plus I could never bring myself to smoke something that reeks like the back end of a skunk.
I live in the ghetto. I walk out of my house and can smell it. The old neighbours had a grow op in their back yard.

Kinda makes enjoying being outside difficult.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-29-2012, 12:21 AM
and Fozzie B!

Different strains of weed are like different strains of perfume, to me... I used to think it smelled like a skunk but now I'm a connoisseur. And there really are nice, sweet smelling types of weed. Weird - weed actually helps with migraines. Maybe it's just the smoke? Vaporizers and edibles solve that issue.

I wish I could smoke weed during my first trimester. Before I found out I was pregnant, I was smoking, and never got nauseous or felt awful. As soon as I found out and quit smoking I got nauseous and had no appetite and felt super tired and yucky for months. I never ever get nauseous or sick to my stomach, so it's been hard to function.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 06-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Top Dog

I can't smoke anymore because of the boyfriend. So, yeah. My dream is dead. Lol.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 06-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Pot also gives me headaches/migraines. I can't stand the smell of it.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
Different strains of weed are like different strains of perfume, to me... I used to think it smelled like a skunk but now I'm a connoisseur. And there really are nice, sweet smelling types of weed. Weird - weed actually helps with migraines. Maybe it's just the smoke? Vaporizers and edibles solve that issue.
Everybody's different I guess. My old hippie dude friend just nodded and said, "Yeah, some people just get really bad headaches from it," when I turned some down and told him why. I never asked him if it was different if you eat it. I'll never find out, because there are a lot of other really yucky things I'd rather eat than pot at this point in my life.