Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-28-2012, 05:01 PM
crazedACD crazedACD is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 2,691
Default

And re the homeless guys...it said marijuana was found in his system. Would these tests be similar to drug tests where it really only detects it in the past 30 days, or is there something specific you can test to see if they were high when they died?

I have never seen anyone 'go crazy' after smoking...they might attack a bag of cheetos, and then the couch.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-28-2012, 05:43 PM
ihartgonzo's Avatar
ihartgonzo ihartgonzo is offline
and Fozzie B!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,903
Default

EWW. HORRIFYING!!! That poor poor puppy. That man should be put in an insane asylum... he is clearly a danger to all society.

I smoked spice once, it was gross and it didn't have any affect on me. I didn't know what it was at first. My military friends smoke it when they're on leave, and they are the onlyyyy people I know who bother with it at all. Because weed is legal in California! From experience with many "cannibus patients", no, they wouldn't smoke spice when weed it legal. It's sold as a chemical replacement for weed that's horrible for you; while weed is medicinal and scientifically proven to help with a plethora of health issues. No one likes spice, they just settle for it, and it generally doesn't do anything. I can only imagine that people doing insane things on spice is the result of really messed up, concentrated spice and/or an already insane person using a crappy gas station "drug" as an excuse for their insanity. This is definitely a great argument for legalizing marijuana. No one has ever eaten a dog after smoking weed, not even with drastic munchies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I disagree. I don't think people really go "I want to do something illegal"...they want to use whatever is available to them to party or get high. Honestly before I turned 21, I smoked a lot of weed because it was easier to get than alcohol. Now that I'm of age, it is way less complicated to have a few cocktails than to plan to smoke. Hell I used Robitussin a few times when I had nothing better to do. You could (can? idk) get some of this synthetic stuff from going to the store, it's 'available'.
I agree with you.

Imo, weed is only a gateway to people who would end up doing harder drugs anyway. If weed did not exist, addicts would still be using meth, heroin, etc! Spice is specifically known as a weed replacement. It's very harmful to your lungs and health. The VAST majority of people would opt for weed over spice if it was legal, it has a more positive effect and it's safer. Again, nearly all of my friends -hundreds- have their cannibus card and are disgusted by spice... the ONLY people I know who smoke spice are in the military, because they get drug tested, and they all WISH they could smoke weed. Spice should be illegal. I don't know why it isn't. So should salvia honestly, way before weed.
__________________


<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-28-2012, 05:51 PM
LilahRoot's Avatar
LilahRoot LilahRoot is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
EWW. HORRIFYING!!! That poor poor puppy. That man should be put in an insane asylum... he is clearly a danger to all society.

I smoked spice once, it was gross and it didn't have any affect on me. I didn't know what it was at first. My military friends smoke it when they're on leave, and they are the onlyyyy people I know who bother with it at all. Because weed is legal in California! From experience with many "cannibus patients", no, they wouldn't smoke spice when weed it legal. It's sold as a chemical replacement for weed that's horrible for you; while weed is medicinal and scientifically proven to help with a plethora of health issues. No one likes spice, they just settle for it, and it generally doesn't do anything. I can only imagine that people doing insane things on spice is the result of really messed up, concentrated spice and/or an already insane person using a crappy gas station "drug" as an excuse for their insanity. This is definitely a great argument for legalizing marijuana. No one has ever eaten a dog after smoking weed, not even with drastic munchies!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:10 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I disagree. I don't think people really go "I want to do something illegal"...they want to use whatever is available to them to party or get high. Honestly before I turned 21, I smoked a lot of weed because it was easier to get than alcohol. Now that I'm of age, it is way less complicated to have a few cocktails than to plan to smoke. Hell I used Robitussin a few times when I had nothing better to do. You could (can? idk) get some of this synthetic stuff from going to the store, it's 'available'.
Theres quite a few instances of telling a teenager they aren't allowed to do something and they want to do it. Make pot legal, it won't be forbidden, and they'll just go stronger. All 4 years of high school they did anonymous surveys about drug use (granted, only the first year I was in a school with a lot of drug users), and every year a good chunk of them answered with the answer of something like "It was something adults told you you can't do, it just made me want to do it" (I don't remember the wording used, the last one I did was in 2007, I just remember the jist of it)
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:33 PM
RD's Avatar
RD RD is offline
Are you dead yet?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 15,369
Default

Jess, sorry, but I absolutely disagree with you. I do not think someone who has access to something like pot or booze is going to automatically go "eh that's boring" and seek out hard drugs.

Also, this isn't just about kids in high school. How many high school kids do you know who do hard drugs? I only knew one... Yes, high school kids tend to smoke weed. Do you think they're smoking weed because it's illegal or because they like being high? If they were doing it because it's illegal, or for a thrill, why would they start with something like weed rather than going right to pills or meth or crack? Decent weed isn't exactly cheap.

I don't know many kids who would go so far out of their way just to do something illegal, for the sake of breaking the law. Hell, when I was in my earlier years of high school I smoked cigarettes and thought I was living life on the edge, but if I didn't like cigarettes I never would've smoked them, legal or not.

Quit giving all the credit to people telling these brainless teenagers not to do it and making it illegal, therefore making them want to do it; give the credit to the kids who use their own brains to make their own choices.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:33 PM
BostonBanker's Avatar
BostonBanker BostonBanker is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,106
Default

Quote:
I do drink (not daily or anything ) and if marijuana were legal would partake in that as well. NOTHING to do with not being happy or content without it btw.
I hope I can make this come off as a serious question, because it is. As I've said, I accept that I will never really get why people do drugs, but that alone makes me more curious about the reasons. If you wouldn't be using it to alter your mood - why would you chose to use it? What other benefits does it provide to the healthy person?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:36 PM
RD's Avatar
RD RD is offline
Are you dead yet?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 15,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I hope I can make this come off as a serious question, because it is. As I've said, I accept that I will never really get why people do drugs, but that alone makes me more curious about the reasons. If you wouldn't be using it to alter your mood - why would you chose to use it? What other benefits does it provide to the healthy person?
Most healthy people do it because it's pleasant, relaxing, relieves pain/aches and has a similar effect that drinking a few margaritas or beers at the bar can. It can be a sort of social lubricant, or a creative muse. The added bonus is yeah, usually it does elevate your mood.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:51 PM
ihartgonzo's Avatar
ihartgonzo ihartgonzo is offline
and Fozzie B!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,903
Default

Keep in mind - even if weed was legal, it's not going to be legal for minors!!! You have to be 18+ to get a cannibus card. So yes teenagers will still feel the thrill of doing something illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I hope I can make this come off as a serious question, because it is. As I've said, I accept that I will never really get why people do drugs, but that alone makes me more curious about the reasons. If you wouldn't be using it to alter your mood - why would you chose to use it? What other benefits does it provide to the healthy person?
First, I don't consider marijuana a drug. It's a plant.

It does alter your mood. Just like laughing alters your mood. Or a caffeinated beverage. And so on. Marijuana varies a lot between strains and indica vs sativa and it affects different people in different ways. Generally, it is relaxing and makes you feel cheerful, giggly and social. My friends and I make the BEST inside jokes when we smoke weed together hands down. It does enhance creativeness and has a mild psychadelic affect but without having a skewed perception of the world. It's like a DSLR camera versus a disposable camera. It can make things appear more vivid, colorful, bright and beautiful - but realistically. You don't see elephants riding unicycles or anything like that! It relieves nausea and headaches, helps with anxiety, and makes everything more entertaining. It's amazing when paired with 3D movies! Alcohol has a much more intense, all-over, impairing affect than weed does, even just a couple of drinks. It is impossible to "OD" from weed.

LOL I like the term social lubricant...
__________________


<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-28-2012, 07:07 PM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 4,979
Default

Why is pot not both a plant and a drug? That's like saying "Alcohol isn't a drug, it's distilled plant matter." Well, no actually it's both-lol.

I have never gotten the appeal of pot, so I can't answer that question. It astounds me that anyone would spend their money and risk the legal ramifications of being caught with the stuff.

As far as alcohol goes, I do like that it relaxes me a bit especially in social situation. Honestly though, I get horrific hangovers and the older I get the less tolerant my body seems to be of alcohol, so I rarely drink anymore.

There have been health benefits discovered in consuming moderate amounts of red wines and certain white wines and even beer.
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is online now
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 29,001
Default

If weed were legal, I would totally try it but I'm a chicken and don't want to risk getting caught. I rarely drank underage even just because I knew I'd get caught. And the first time I did drink, my mom kept calling me right after. I swear it was like she knew.

I do enjoy a few good drinks although nowadays I'm not supposed to with my medicines. It's not that I can't have a good time without it, I just enjoy it and me and my girlfriends had tons of fun when we drank a little. As long as someone is being safe, I don't see any harm. Now, one of my friends had a tendency to drink and do all sorts of stupid things and that's a totally different story. She should not have been drinking until she learned to behave herself and not be destructive.
__________________
Mia CGC
Summer TG2 TBAD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site