Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-28-2012, 04:55 AM
Top Dog

Cause some people enjoy what drugs do to them, sadly.

I'll never touch drugs! If people do, that's their choice. It's sad when people abuse drugs and end up doing bad crap.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I've said this a million times, but there is a WORLD of difference between drug use and drug misuse.

Including alcohol....
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 06-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I've said this a million times, but there is a WORLD of difference between drug use and drug misuse.

Including alcohol....
THIS!

That guy who ate the other guy's face was either a zombie (I'm not even kidding at this point) or a rare strain of psycho. I am quite willing to bet that's the case with the dog eater, too. Psycho, that is, not zombie.

Weed doesn't make you do that. I've never known much about K2 but I would feel a lot safer smoking a bud from a plant than I would feel smoking some synthetic stuff. I'd never touch it.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Top Dog

Ugh. I have friends who smoke spice, and while none of them have ever done anything like that, I still worry.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
Mmm, legalizing pot would provide people access to that, which is much safer than if they are "forced" to look for cheap substitutions such as spice, new even more dangerous drugs etc. IMO.

May that poor little dog RIP - I'd like to see one of these people to try something like that on my friends intact boy rottie though. Sorry, bad space for sarcasm/jokes.
But it won't. When it comes down to it, pot is mild compared to other stuff. The people using other drugs won't go "oh, well pot is legal so I'll just do that". It's not the same thing.

Plus, then you have the people who'd move onto stronger drugs because pot "is boring and legal". You get the teens doing the stronger drugs because they want to the thrill of doing something illegal. It's that much more appealing when you're told you're NOT allowed to have it, then when you're told you are.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I'll never touch drugs! If people do, that's their choice.
Until it does something to harm another. I fully accept it is something I will never understand, because there is absolutely zero appeal to me in putting any illegal substance (or legal, I don't touch alcohol or nicotine) into my system. I feel for those who can't find happiness or contentment without it, and am baffled that it interests people.

As for "well marijuana doesn't make people eat someone's face"...well, usually. If they had found a different drug in his system, it all would have been blamed on that. But since it is marijuana, nope, has to be that the guy was crazy.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:11 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
As for "well marijuana doesn't make people eat someone's face"...well, usually. If they had found a different drug in his system, it all would have been blamed on that. But since it is marijuana, nope, has to be that the guy was crazy.
Well to be fair some of these newer synthetic drugs can't be ruled out completely because they can't be tested for.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Top Dog

And if NO drugs where found, what then?

I do drink (not daily or anything ) and if marijuana were legal would partake in that as well. NOTHING to do with not being happy or content without it btw.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post

Including alcohol....
Except that there are certain drugs that by their very nature are very difficult to "properly" use.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
But it won't. When it comes down to it, pot is mild compared to other stuff. The people using other drugs won't go "oh, well pot is legal so I'll just do that". It's not the same thing.

Plus, then you have the people who'd move onto stronger drugs because pot "is boring and legal". You get the teens doing the stronger drugs because they want to the thrill of doing something illegal. It's that much more appealing when you're told you're NOT allowed to have it, then when you're told you are.
I disagree. I don't think people really go "I want to do something illegal"...they want to use whatever is available to them to party or get high. Honestly before I turned 21, I smoked a lot of weed because it was easier to get than alcohol. Now that I'm of age, it is way less complicated to have a few cocktails than to plan to smoke. Hell I used Robitussin a few times when I had nothing better to do. You could (can? idk) get some of this synthetic stuff from going to the store, it's 'available'.