Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-28-2012, 04:55 AM
TahlzK TahlzK is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia, QLD
Posts: 470
Default

Cause some people enjoy what drugs do to them, sadly.

I'll never touch drugs! If people do, that's their choice. It's sad when people abuse drugs and end up doing bad crap.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Dizzy's Avatar
Dizzy Dizzy is offline
Sit! Good dog.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wales
Posts: 17,506
Default

I've said this a million times, but there is a WORLD of difference between drug use and drug misuse.

Including alcohol....
__________________
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."


Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein


Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-28-2012, 01:12 PM
RD's Avatar
RD RD is offline
Are you dead yet?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 15,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I've said this a million times, but there is a WORLD of difference between drug use and drug misuse.

Including alcohol....
THIS!

That guy who ate the other guy's face was either a zombie (I'm not even kidding at this point) or a rare strain of psycho. I am quite willing to bet that's the case with the dog eater, too. Psycho, that is, not zombie.

Weed doesn't make you do that. I've never known much about K2 but I would feel a lot safer smoking a bud from a plant than I would feel smoking some synthetic stuff. I'd never touch it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-28-2012, 01:22 PM
iwantmypup's Avatar
iwantmypup iwantmypup is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: I like oranges, California.
Posts: 4,683
Default

Ugh. I have friends who smoke spice, and while none of them have ever done anything like that, I still worry.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-28-2012, 01:33 PM
JessLough JessLough is online now
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
Mmm, legalizing pot would provide people access to that, which is much safer than if they are "forced" to look for cheap substitutions such as spice, new even more dangerous drugs etc. IMO.

May that poor little dog RIP - I'd like to see one of these people to try something like that on my friends intact boy rottie though. Sorry, bad space for sarcasm/jokes.
But it won't. When it comes down to it, pot is mild compared to other stuff. The people using other drugs won't go "oh, well pot is legal so I'll just do that". It's not the same thing.

Plus, then you have the people who'd move onto stronger drugs because pot "is boring and legal". You get the teens doing the stronger drugs because they want to the thrill of doing something illegal. It's that much more appealing when you're told you're NOT allowed to have it, then when you're told you are.
__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-28-2012, 03:58 PM
BostonBanker's Avatar
BostonBanker BostonBanker is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,154
Default

Quote:
I'll never touch drugs! If people do, that's their choice.
Until it does something to harm another. I fully accept it is something I will never understand, because there is absolutely zero appeal to me in putting any illegal substance (or legal, I don't touch alcohol or nicotine) into my system. I feel for those who can't find happiness or contentment without it, and am baffled that it interests people.

As for "well marijuana doesn't make people eat someone's face"...well, usually. If they had found a different drug in his system, it all would have been blamed on that. But since it is marijuana, nope, has to be that the guy was crazy.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-28-2012, 04:11 PM
sassafras's Avatar
sassafras sassafras is offline
such sights to show you
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
As for "well marijuana doesn't make people eat someone's face"...well, usually. If they had found a different drug in his system, it all would have been blamed on that. But since it is marijuana, nope, has to be that the guy was crazy.
Well to be fair some of these newer synthetic drugs can't be ruled out completely because they can't be tested for.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Greenmagick's Avatar
Greenmagick Greenmagick is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
Default

And if NO drugs where found, what then?

I do drink (not daily or anything ) and if marijuana were legal would partake in that as well. NOTHING to do with not being happy or content without it btw.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-28-2012, 04:36 PM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 4,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I've said this a million times, but there is a WORLD of difference between drug use and drug misuse.

Including alcohol....
Except that there are certain drugs that by their very nature are very difficult to "properly" use.
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-28-2012, 04:48 PM
crazedACD crazedACD is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 2,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
But it won't. When it comes down to it, pot is mild compared to other stuff. The people using other drugs won't go "oh, well pot is legal so I'll just do that". It's not the same thing.

Plus, then you have the people who'd move onto stronger drugs because pot "is boring and legal". You get the teens doing the stronger drugs because they want to the thrill of doing something illegal. It's that much more appealing when you're told you're NOT allowed to have it, then when you're told you are.
I disagree. I don't think people really go "I want to do something illegal"...they want to use whatever is available to them to party or get high. Honestly before I turned 21, I smoked a lot of weed because it was easier to get than alcohol. Now that I'm of age, it is way less complicated to have a few cocktails than to plan to smoke. Hell I used Robitussin a few times when I had nothing better to do. You could (can? idk) get some of this synthetic stuff from going to the store, it's 'available'.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site