Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-27-2012, 07:12 AM
I'm All Ears

Default My car got broken into... I think?

I was going to work and found it with the glovebox open and the center console open and things thrown EVERYWHERE in the front two seats.

But I am so confused because I can't find anything that is gone. A spare set of keys to my sister's car were there, my work badge was there, my CDs, book, brush, dog crate, nice jacket, leashes, a necklace, etc were all still there. It looks like some change and a couple dollar bills are gone out of the cup holder but that's it.

No forced entry at all, which makes me think I might've forgotten to lock it. But still, the car automatically locks after a short time even if I forgot.

Do I report it just in case I find something missing? I am seriously baffled at what happened.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Top Dog

REPORT IT!!! If this has happened to other people in the area, it give authorities an idea of the thieves pattern. They need to know.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Top Dog

I would report it. That is creepy!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:24 AM
Top Dog

Our cars got broken into (as did out neighbors), the GPS was in plain view and they didn't touch it. They took all of our change and a buck knife my dad had in there. Thus we believe it was neighborhood kids, didn't report it. BUT we leave our cars unlocked, if this guy knew how to break into your car he might be a bit more serious. Maybe he was looking for something specific and you didn't have it.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm All Ears

Yeah I just reported it. Figured better be safe than sorry.

I've had a couple people come up INTO my yard for sure recently. One wrote a stupid note on a campaign flyer on my door. And right behind my house is a deserted alley kind of thing and I see people parked there (I always assumed it was just the teens smoking and trying not to get caught).

It's kind of a little worrisome since I'm a single girl with 2 little dogs that aren't much deterrent....
Old 06-27-2012, 07:53 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Only because they don't know Mia's reputation

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 06-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Top Dog

they just wanted your change, i wouldn't be too worried. We had the same thing happen to us a couple years ago, our dog almost went thru the front window and by the time I got up and went outside, the door was left open adn there was change dropped everywhere, probably because she had a bark the told everyone you don't want to be on the recieving end of what she was offering and they took off.

I reported it, but they seemed less than thrilled about coming down to fill out the paper work. I remember they kept saying, do you think it's necessary for us to send 2 officers down to take a statement? It's your choice sir.

apparently calling to report wasn't enough, it needed 2 officers, paper work and a statement to make it to the official record. I guess it's a way to keep "crime" off the books and show a decrease.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Do you have an alarm system on the house you're renting? If not, can you talk to the landlord about getting one? Being a single gal with two smaller dogs myself (even though Payton has a nice big dog bark), an alarm system is the first thing I planned on installing when I moved into a new place...
If not that... do you know anybody with an alarm system who will let you take one of their signs and stick it in your yard? Supposedly just the signs are enough of a deterrent. =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Top Dog

That's weird they didn't take your cd's. I guess they just wanted money or something more valuable. My daughter had her car "broken" into one time. She had left the window down half way and everything was strewn all around. She had some valuables in there...I think her computer. The only thing missing were some tea bags. The empty box was torn up. She finally figured out who the perps were....raccoons.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Custom User Title

That happened to a couple cars when I was going to school in a downtown area. One of my friends cars got broken in to and all they stole was a cup full of quarters that he had for parking meters.

Not a huge deal, replacement window was $15 at a junk yard and tool us about an hour to put in. We figured it was someone looking for bus fare or something. The police that came said it's not at all uncommon for people to break in just to take change.