Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Love My Mutt <3

I would adore sitting at a desk for 8 hours doing data entry. That is like, my dream job LOL I'm going to school for accounting.

Retail for my least, really.

I'm currently a bartender and really don't mind it, I just hate my co workers.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Can my ideal job be a stay at home dog mom? I don't wanna go to work today.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:56 AM
BusterLove

I find it so interesting how many people say they would hate truck driving. I probably never will but I love the sound of it, I like my alone time. And half the family are/were truck drivers (the other half are all nurses lol) I grew up going out to truck yards and doing my homework in the offices at freight sheds and I love trucks, I love the smell of pallet wrap and the sound of jake breaks. I also grew up in a town with the biggest road trains in the country (3 full sized trailers) and there is just something about them.

My brother was a interstate truck driver till last year when he severly injured his back for the second time (he's been off since and won't be able to go back to it) and he misses it, said it was kinda cool having so much time alone to yourself. His father was a driver aswell, along with my stepfather.
I wouldn't say no to it.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Mrose I pretty much feel the way you do about truck driving. I think it could potentially be a really neat job since you get to see so many places and I tend to like my alone time as well. The main thing that deters me from getting a job like that though is that one of my biggest anxiety triggers is traffic and when you work a job that has you driving all over then you just never know when you might hit some traffic.

As for me...
My most desirable jobs are: dog trainer, photographer, tattoo artist and barn manager. I used to be a small barn manager and loved spending a lot of time with just myself and the horses.

Least desirable: working in an office building, janitor and garbage truck job
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 06-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I would adore sitting at a desk for 8 hours doing data entry.
True that! I've had two jobs like that so far, problem with both of them was that I started at like 8am each time and I had such a hard time staying awake!! If I could work a 11-7pm or 1-9pm it would be the ideal job for me!

I've been working food service retail since right out of high school, and trying to sit at a desk for more than a couple hours is almost impossible for me now. We have manager meetings that last 4 hours and I seriously can hardly stand it.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Okay... I'm a bit more awake.

Most: Nat Geo photog, College Professor, or owning my own dog sports training facility.

Least: Garbage man, Janitor, Dept of Health and Human services worker - what my boyfriend does.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Top Dog

My dad had been driving truck for 25 years. He is such a good driver and knows so much about different places and can give anyone directions to anywhere. I personally would have a hard time sitting all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
Just a thought/joke- I'm sure in your profession you share dark humor of your own...Interesting you don't want to be in life or death situations but once the client kicks it, it's okay. Mortuary science is something I did consider at one time. Unfortunately like law enforcement I got older and had to narrow my options some. But I admire you pursuing a career that is perfect for you!
I wanted to be a vet. I got a Bachelors in pre-vet and while I did reeeally well my last three years it couldn't make up for my not-so-stellar first year grades. I went to mortuary school (1 yr bachelor program) in order to have a secondary school on my transcripts and have a better chance with vet school.

But I realized along the way (probably when the vet killed my guinea pig with antibiotics) that I can't deal with the stress and responsibility of life & death sitautions. I'm much better with picking up the pieces. After they're dead the decisions are easy! I do admire hospice nurses and the like, I wouldnt want to be on that end either.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Top Dog

Most: research biologist.

Least: nursing/medicine.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Top Dog

Most: zookeeper of some sort, ideally elephants or large ungulates of some kind

Least: desk job...I did straight data entry for a few months and I swear I nearly died of boredom. When I play receptionist at work I have to get up now and then. One of our receptionists sits there for 11 hours straight and won't even get up to do anything even if everyone else is busy. I don't know how she does it.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:55 PM
APBT crazy!

Most: Working with animals especially dogs, cats, and horses. They have always been my passion. It's too bad I lost my job at the shelter because I don't know when I'll be working with animals again. But I have my own, that's enough for me but I'd love to work with animals as a career as well. If I can't work with animals, I am not sure what else I'd be doing. I guess I'll find out since I am planning on going to college. It would be awesome to be a dolphin trainer too I think.

Least: Fast food. I had that as my first job at 16. I hated it!