Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Most: uhhhhhhh....uhhhhhh....I'd love to work in a library again....

Least: anything to do with blood, I am way too squeamish.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:32 AM
love herds

I flip flop pretty often on this...
Most: Cake decorator, I really want to own my own cake/cupcake shop!
As a back up plan I am considering nursing but that is more because of job stability, pay and the variety of positions than my love of it.

Least: RETAIL, my god how I hate retail, it is everything I don't like. Crowds of people, loud, boring, bleh.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 06-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Top Dog

Most: Funeral Director - it's what I'm supposed to do & I love it.

Least: Anything else? :P Any job dealing with life/death situations I probably couldn't do (EMS, doctor, lifeguard, etc). I wouldnt want to work in retail, in a cubicle or with food. I wouldn't be happy working alone or in a large corporation.

My job is perfect and I love that not everybody can or wants to do it. Each day, family, situation & funeral is unique. Could have a four hour day or a fourteen hour day. Could be outside at a cemetery, parking processions, in the prep room, doing printing on the computer, cleaning, washing cars, setting and taking down the same 100 chairs, directing a service at church, getting up at 2am and going to the house, answering phone at 4am, meeting all sorts of families, planting flowers, etc. I love it all. It really gives one a different outlook on life.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 06-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Are you dead yet?

Most desired? Virtually anything with dogs. If I could get paid to do rescue work I would pick that in a heartbeat. Training, grooming, vet stuff, nutrition. Dogs are what I'm comfortable with and they're my gateway to comfort with humans.

Least desired? Anything heavily sales or commission-based. I am just a terrible salesperson.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
Least desired? Anything heavily sales or commission-based. I am just a terrible salesperson.
Oooh, I change my answer to this! I haaaate the thought of commission based jobs!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Kaydee

Most-Something that would incorporate reading, writing, editing, researching all day everyday...passionate about literature...unfortunately the publishing industry is struggling.

Tenured Professor teaching English and/or Political Science.

A musician, but a legend-to magically have had a career and still be a point of reference for other legends, if they were interviewing Beck, Clapton they would say I influenced THEM...and even though I'd be older than G-d I'd age gracefully...like Leonard Cohen, he's out on tour again drawing crowds of all ages...compared to poor Bob Seger, still has the voice but a pic of him in Rolling Stone looked like Kid Rock had to help him back up.

Least-A trucker, not the loading and stuff but driving, driving is stressful, boring, I'd hate doing it for a living, nevermind the deadlines or trying to park a big rig. Parking an SUV...
Old 06-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Top Dog

Most: Anything to do with animals.

Least: Anything to do with children. Just...no way. There isn't enough money in the world.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Top Dog

Most: medical, horse/dog training, landscaping, real estate (those are some fields I've been in and liked most) (Oh and I enjoyed teaching piano lessons, but not sure I'd love it now)

Least: any kind of retail, anything boring or too repetitious. (been there, done that too) I like children, but wouldn't have the energy or patience to deal with them these days...not on a regular basis anyhow.

I like being retired (or semi retired) the most though. It gives me time to write and do other things I like to do.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-27-2012, 05:06 PM
and Fozzie B!

Most desired: Dog trainer/Animal behaviorist. Ideally, I'd like to have many best-selling books, and a TV show, and publicly degrade Cesar Millan in every way. I would like to develop force-free methods that are doable for the average American family & prevent dogs from being needlessly abandoned, abused and killed.

Least desired: Doctor/Surgeon. I would just... die... if I had to see the insides of a person right in front of me. I have no problem with blood, but I feel like if I regularly saw naked people, touch people's genitals, and handle people's insides every day it would make my life really weird. I feel like I wouldn't look at people the same, and I'd lose all the romanticism of humanity. I'm some one who is VERY private about personal things, I get uncomfortable talking about normal bodily functions! I don't have enough sympathy for people, especially rude, whiney people, to deal with all of the stress and disgusting duties involved in health care. I don't have a problem doing so for animals.

I would also never work in food service. It's way too hot, laborious and boring for me... and I wouldn't get paid enough to stand people complaining about food/drinks. People are so weird about their food. If some one complained I would seriously be like, "it's FOOD, bitch... eat it!" I also only eat to survive, for the most part. I will eat delicious food that's made for me but I won't go out of my way to make anything. I have zero passion for cooking! My bff is a chef and loves to cook and thinks I'm crazy. He has also cut himself horribly like 20 times. He's cut the tips off 3 of his fingers (they grew back, but ewww)!

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 06-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Top Dog

Is this 'money not an option'? I wouldn't work at all, have horses and dogs, and would have fun with them all day.

I think I would like some animal related business someday...boarding kennel or something.

What I AM going for is respiratory technician for the money and stability.

Least favorite is fast food. And serving probably...I have/would deliver pizza. In a non snowy place.