Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 06-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default Cricket has a vet appointment tomorrow

I haven't told Josh since he will.probably have a cow. I have a little cash on me though that will at least cover the exam fee.

I spoke to the receptionist and explained the situation. She said if I come in for the exam so they can at least look at her then they can give me some ideas of what to try or even write a prescription that I can fill early next week when I get paid.

She was driving me nuts were incessant whining last night so I took off her elizabethan collar for a little bit and gave her a bone to chew. She was doing fine and not bothering her feet at all and I had intended to put the collar back on her right before bed. My idiot self dosed off while watching tv and I woke up to a really red paw again.

That's why this morning I said screw it and made the appointment without talking to Josh about it.

I wish I could bring her in right this moment, but unfortunately I have to go to work and I can't just call out since I'm the shift supervisor today. I'm going to bring her with me though so I can monitor her closely and that elizabethan collar is not coming off again.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Top Dog

I'm glad you made her an appointment. You'll both feel better once you know what is really going on and can get it all fixed up.

It concerns me that even here among friends you feel you have to validate/defend your reasons for not telling Josh.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Top Dog

Glad to hear she's going to the vet they can' probably give her something for the itching.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Top Dog

Vibes that they can help poor Cricket's itchy paw!

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-21-2012, 12:59 PM
SevenSins

Hopefully it won't be too expensive for them to figure out what's actually going on with Cricket's paw. I will say though that even when you figure it out it's going to be important to keep the collar on and keep her from chewing at it. I find my dogs move around and rest/sleep more easily in a Comfy Cone rather than the rigid plastic ones. Do you have a Walgreens around? They may have a discount Rx program you could ask about. I tend to constantly keep fairly expensive antibiotics in stock for my ABD, and found out that for $20 per year I could get my $160 prescriptions filled for under $25 each, and the cheaper one (can't remember the original price, under $40) for about $5.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Top Dog

Also, if it's a common antibiotic, many of the pharmacies (from our Smith's/Krogers, to Walmart and Target) have pet plans now, so you can get the $4 or $6 generics Some ointments are covered that way as well
Old 06-21-2012, 06:43 PM
APBT crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
I'm glad you made her an appointment. You'll both feel better once you know what is really going on and can get it all fixed up.

It concerns me that even here among friends you feel you have to validate/defend your reasons for not telling Josh.
This. I hope everything goes well!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:19 AM
<--------Orson

Sending prayers and vibes that it's something easy, fast, and cheap to fix! (((HUGS)))

(also a few extra prayers for Josh to be understanding over the vet)
Old 06-22-2012, 08:40 AM

Thank you so much guys. At the vet right now and waiting for the vet to come back in. They are thinking its more than likely a food allergy. I've been feeding her Fromm for a while but I did switch from surf and turf to game bird not too long ago. They want to switch her to a royal canin hypoallergenic diet to see if that changes anything but I'm hesitant because well its royal canin.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:45 AM

I think she is bored being here