Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Top Dog

Default You know those days when you are just soooo happy?

.... Well yesterday was one of those.

It was my birthday and being the very lucky girl I am, my family put in for a Garmin 610 sports watch to help me with my running training. I have been lusting over these (or at least something similar) for a while now.

I have been running since November/December last year, starting with the C25k and have continued to run. I did try the Bridge 2 10k but didn't enjoy the stopping/starting so much, so I decided to just train at my own pace.

I've been organising my workouts by time or checking on google maps. I usually do 1 x 5k run, 1 x 6-7k run, 1 x 8-9k run, and slowly increasing the long run. I also sometimes do an interval session at the gym, but I'm usually there to do strength training. I'm hoping add another running day in asap.

Anyway, I haven't really known my speed except for the occasional rough calculation which I've only done a handful of times. I remarked to my family that I'd be stoked with a sub-30 minute 5k run time.

Last night, after work - my Garmin all charged, set-up and ready, I went for my run. It was easier for me to just time a 30 minute workout until I figure out all the features. I knew straight away that I had done a sub-30 minute time because I ran 5.69kms in 30 minutes. I had to come and download all the data onto the computer to workout my 5km time....

.... 26 minutes and 20 seconds!!!

My average speed was 11.4 km/h (roughly 7 miles/h??)

I haven't stopped smiling all night and all morning, except for sleeping lol. I'm just so happy. It's just a number, I know. But I'm so proud because this is the result of my hard work with my fitness and weightloss. I have now lost 42 kg since October, I'm eating better than I ever have and I feel amazing.

So yes, a really happy day... just had to share. Sorry to bore you with all the unnecessary detail though!

I am entering an 8k race in August, so with the help of my new little toy I can start planning my runs more and having a bit more direction in my training. And there is no need to run blind anymore. I'm just so, so lucky!!

Last edited by Catsi; 06-25-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Happy Belated Birthday!

The weight loss and running regime is definitely something to be proud of, it's not boring details at all! Congrats!!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13