Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-25-2012, 02:08 PM
<--------Orson

Default Most and least desired travel destination!

*Inspired by a comment from Miakoda on Dizzy's China thread*

Just as the title says, what is your number ONE--------yes, pick one cause listing a bunch is easy and doesn't force you to your main choice!-----most desired place to visit.

Then the flip side, your LEAST favorite place to visit.

For all the traveling (and childhood relocating) I've done, I have never visited Mount Rushmore! So for my immediate future that is my number one planned destination. May sound boring, but IMO, getting there is going to be an awesome road trip!

Least desired? Hmmmmmmmm, I guess that would probably be Africa? IDK, sounds hot, poisonous, and dangerous in general, LOL.......all the things I disliked about living in the southwest! Perhaps my vision of the continent is incorrect, but that is lowest on my list as of now. As I mentioned in the other thread too, I have no desire to leave the North American continent. I'd say most of that is due to the insanity of our airline 'security' but I don't see myself off this continent before I die (of course if my kids move off the continent, that will change! LOL)
Old 06-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Top Dog

Well I'm headed off to Africa in September, but I don't think it's my most or least desired destination...I just think it's an opportunity that I will *never* get again, so I had to take it!

As for most-desired...probably Croatia. I would love to visit the villages where my grandfather and father grew up. And the beaches are beautiful.

Least...to be honest probably the Orient...China especially just does not appeal to me as a travel destination for whatever reason.

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 06-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Most: Iceland

I think we're going there next year if we can actually sit down and do some planning!

Least: China

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 06-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Top Dog

Italy has always been my top favorite want to go place...but I'm going to be living there next year. So...next one is New Zealand.

Least favorite...Memphis. Hated it. Never want to go back. Ever.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Bite Club

Most: Holland (where my dads side of the family is from)

Least: China

~Aura & Riley~
Old 06-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Top Dog

I'd love to track down some family members in Sweden. My uncle did and said it was the best trip of his life. Plus it's pretty, the right temperature, and full of fun history.

I can't think of many places outside of the states I don't want to visit. Nevada is the last place on earth I'll spend more than a day driving through, though. Not my cup of tea. At all.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Felurian

Most? Someplace I can watch the Northern Lights without being surrounded by people.

Least? Las Vegas. *shudders*

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Top Dog

Most desired place to visit: Australia. I've wanted to go to Australia forever. Africa is a close second.

Least desired place to visit: China.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Fennec - Tollwest Sugar Fox
[temporary puppy]
Top Dog

I'm thrilled that every time I've had a "most desired" place, we have gone so I could check it off a list Italy, Egypt, and now Russia. I think my new fascination is South America. I want to sail down the Amazon, or go to the Galapagos. Or I really want to make it to Europe during a major soccer tournament--I think that would be awesome! Or go up through Norway and the fjords. Or an African safari. Or a cruise through China/Japan/Korea. OMG I have way too many trips planned and not enough time or money to take them all!

Least desired is probably the landlocked portion of this country. I've spent enough time in some of the states to know I don't have a desire to go to the others.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I'm thrilled that every time I've had a "most desired" place, we have gone so I could check it off a list
Me too! The problem is, there are SO many places on my "most desired list," and none of them are places I can hit all at once.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep