Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Top Dog

I don't believe in physical discipline, but I do hope that all of them are facing serious (nonphysical) consequences at home. I'd be so, so horrified if I learned my child had acted that way. I do think that facing some sort of legal consequence, even if it resulted in community service, would perhaps have a more lasting effect in their minds.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:34 PM
*Now with Snark*

To me the answer is fairly simple - can't follow the student code of conduct - being a bully- abusing the staff? You don't get to come back. Consider your sorry ass expelled.

While I understand that middleschoolers are some of the cruelest kids around to me this is 90% parenting FAIL. It wouldn't have even occurred to me at this age that you could talk to anyone - let alone an adult like this.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:16 PM
swimming upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
As someone who was bullied in a similar fashion as a child/young teen, I seriously doubt she wants those kids in her yard, in her house, or anywhere near her again. Any respect they show will be false, and she knows it.
I guess my experiences were different--bullying made me stand up for myself-I'd have loved to have a bully at my house doing my work. Of course, I assume they'd need to be supervised while doing whatever work was decided upon--no opportunity for continued disrespect, and perhaps a lesson to be learned. While it may be unrealistic--it is likely what I would do if my kids behaved this way. You bet I didn't let my kids get away with disrespecting others.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I guess my experiences were different--bullying made me stand up for myself-I'd have loved to have a bully at my house doing my work. Of course, I assume they'd need to be supervised while doing whatever work was decided upon--no opportunity for continued disrespect, and perhaps a lesson to be learned. While it may be unrealistic--it is likely what I would do if my kids behaved this way. You bet I didn't let my kids get away with disrespecting others.
I think in the long term it did for me as well, but back then, it just made me shut down. Even now as an adult, when I would handle new "abuse" very differently, I'm not sure how I'd react to seeing the people who were the bullies when I was a kid. I'm great now at staying very calm and just not giving people anything to bounce their anger or aggression off of, but I'm not sure I'd be nice.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
To me the answer is fairly simple - can't follow the student code of conduct - being a bully- abusing the staff? You don't get to come back. Consider your sorry ass expelled.

While I understand that middleschoolers are some of the cruelest kids around to me this is 90% parenting FAIL. It wouldn't have even occurred to me at this age that you could talk to anyone - let alone an adult like this.
I disagree with expelling them, cause it's exactly what they WANT. To be expelled enough that "hey look, I don't have to go to school!"

I also disagree with whoever said the parents should beat them to teach them a lesson. Then again, I'm a full believer in violence never being the answer.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Obey the Toad.

I think that they should be kicked off the bus for a looooong time. If you're an asshat on the bus you don't ride the bus and your parents have to move heaven and earth to figure out how to get you to and from school. They also should be kept out of all extra curricular actives for a long time--no sports, no dances, no clubs, nothing. All to be followed up with many hours of community service.....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I think that they should be kicked off the bus for a looooong time. If you're an asshat on the bus you don't ride the bus and your parents have to move heaven and earth to figure out how to get you to and from school.
THIS. Absolutely a hundred percent.

It punishes the kid (by removing the opportunity to bully further in the same environment) and the parents (who now have to find alternate transportation and will be less inclined to ignore the fact that they screwed up too).

Having seen the video, I will say that I would be absolutely HORRIFIED to find out that my child did something like this, and am livid to see some of the parents' reactions (kids will be kids haha!). Bullsh*t kids will be kids. These children and their parents should be ashamed of themselves.

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 06-25-2012, 12:31 AM
treehugging clicker freak

I only watched about 2mins of the video and it made me sick to my stomach....
With that being said, if that happened here, they would've called the police and stopped the bus and let the police handle it. Trust me, I was on a school bus when something like that happened. It should've been stopped right then and there, punishment after the fact never seems as effective. IMHO. That poor lady

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 06-25-2012, 01:20 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I swear, my children would be too terrified to come home if I found out they did that. They would be sentenced to long months of very hard labour and no privileges. Asshats is right!

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 06-25-2012, 02:47 AM
*Now with Snark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I disagree with expelling them, cause it's exactly what they WANT. To be expelled enough that "hey look, I don't have to go to school!"

I also disagree with whoever said the parents should beat them to teach them a lesson. Then again, I'm a full believer in violence never being the answer.
Being expelled doesn't mean you don't have to go to school. It just means you have to go to school somewhere else. It means odds are new school, new friends, and a little bit of inconvenience and shame along with it. When someone screwed up when I was in school it usually caused you to have to spend a year or two either being homeschooled, at the alternative school, at the school in the local juv hall, or the next district over.