Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Top Dog

A German Shepherd or a Greyhound. Rescued either way. Or a GSD or Chihuahua mix shelter dog. (or any shelter dog that fits me...) No matter what I get I'd like it to be at least a year old and preferably three or older.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Another sheltie, definitely. I just dunno what, though I have been thinking about it the past few weeks. Initially I thought when Payton was three, but then I thought maybe I'd stretch it to when he was four... but then I started worrying about Auggie's age being factored in there. If Payton was four, Auggie would be ten. He might still be a total snot but I have worries about his wrists slowing him down, so Payton would need a playmate (Pepper most likely doesn't count unless she evolves into a beautiful crazy butterfly.) once Auggie starts slowing down... so it might be when he's three.

So really it's just going to depend on how Auggie is doing, I think. =/

In an ideal world, there's a particular person I have in mind, and I'd like to breed Payton to one of her bitches and get myself a little blue boy.
OTOH I still wouldn't mind an Auggie nephew, but that may never happen.

Unless I score a high paying job or something, the next dog is IT until Auggie is gone which I'm hoping is at least a decade away. So I have to pick veeeery carefully.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Lab Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvsu15 View Post
Lab girls are the best
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
And Lab boys.

Seriously, though. I thought I was somewhat over my "NEED RETRIEVER PUPPY" illness until Mike and I were down cleaning out the house and the neighbor made a point to bring his 10 week old Golden Retriever puppy over to see me. Oh. My. Gosh. The puppy CUTE that this puppy was. <3 He just made my heart melt. Really made me sure that what I want is a little retriever puppy. <3 But I want the time to be right - no use pushing for a pup when the timing is wrong and it will just add stress.
and agreed!

There are so many puppies around to make it worse. I got to hug this cute little yellow lab puppy the other day. I had him in my arms and he DID NOT want to be there butijustwantedtoholdhimforever.

sigh. Need my puppy.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 06-22-2012, 09:17 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

I actually have no idea now LOL. My thought was to keep a pup from Bubbles' breeding next year, but I may have the opportunity to get a nice, older, already somewhat trained male GSD to trial in obedience/agility/whatever. If that happens, no pup from Bubbles. Unless I become rich LOL.

Loistava's Jari - 14 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 06-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Top Dog

Another dalmatian of course. More specifically an Ivan 1/2 sister. Because you know him being an asshat isn't enough for me. I have to try and get another one. Just awaiting the news. Which had better be happening SOON!!!!!

Old 06-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Top Dog

Whatever hyper spastic mutt steals my heart when I walk through the shelter or go to an adoption day...but it won't be for a good while, as this is a one dog house, and Lucy's still got a long long time with me!!! (She's 7 and sporting grey hairs, but I keep telling myself it's nothing).
Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Kaydee

Always an AmStaff, if I had lots of time and space a corgi and Carolina dog too.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

An OES, fer sher.

<3

Not sure if we will be doing breeder puppy or adult rescue. I would REALLY like a tail, which is even rare in rescue, but obviously more likely than US breeder. And I don't know that I want to import. We will see, I have many MANY years to decide. No more dogs until Frodo kicks it

After that? Well...Ryan REALLY wants a husky () and I want a Zoi as well.

Siri picture taken by Linds.

Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Top Dog

don't really know. but if the governor signs off on the statewide $50 bounty on coyotes, it'll most likely be a started goodman, july or running walker.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Top Dog

Toller. Hopefully a Torque baby is still a possibility but if not... I'm sure I'll find the right one.

I keep saying I want only one dog, but I seriously want a tailed springer from certain lines...! If only money grew on trees!

I say I want a herding dog but I really don't know if I'd ever actually get one.
ARCH URO1 UCD Buzz NAC NCC S-NJC O-TN-N TG-N WV-N RL2 RLVX RN ThD CGC