Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Top Dog

I'm a one dog person so I hope my next dog won't be any time soon -.-

I can say a ton of breeds but I'm a big follower of 'the click' when it comes to picking a dog. So it's most likely going to be a puppy/young dog. Probably medium size from a shelter.

I did talk to Grammy before she died about getting a golden though... I haven't totally ruled that out.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:49 PM
& the Muttly Crew

No time soon but will likely be another FCR (Mirapup) or a middish-sized high drive high energy workaholic herder of some sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Almost certainly an Alaskan Husky. If I have my way and everything happens as planned, hopefully a Linney (Squash's mom) descendant.
I can't wait to hear you explain that not only is Squash an Alaskan Husky ("Wait..did you say husky...?") but that this other dog here is his half-sibling. Yes, really.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 06-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Top Dog

NEXT dog... is a tough one. I have a few breeds in mind for the future but a couple will most likely be very far in the future.

At this point, it's mainly me debating between small dog or medium-ish dog as a second and as a sibling to Jackson.

On one hand, I really really appreciate his smaller size, making things a lot easier for traveling, not to mention everything else is cheaper (food, collars, vet bills, etc), and of course his non-shedding is very nice. I think it would take some getting used to with a dog with a ton of fur yet I also wouldn't miss the grooming aspect (and paying $60 every 8 - 10 weeks).

Soooo... next dog will most likely be a Silky Terrier or Border Terrier. And honestly, I'm almost certain I will have a Border Collie someday (this is a recent awakening, LOL). I guess wherever the road takes me. I've promised myself I'm waiting until I'm out on my own to add a second as things as a lot easier with one in regards to moving/rent and such. I'm fairly certain I will be going breeder route this time around.

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-22-2012, 07:54 PM
*Now with Snark*

I like to think I'm at my limit right now but the next one is probably going to be another papillon but could be a clumber spaniel as well if I can find the right breeder.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:59 PM
overdogged

BEAN!

After Bean, there will not be another until Mushroom has passed. (Luce is going to live forever.) At that point, I'm really looking hard at Kleinpudels/Mini Poodles, but I won't buy a pup who is docked. This complicates matters, of course, but it's important to me, so.

If that doesn't work out, potentially a sport mix. I would like a small dog next time.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 06-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
If you could find me a Gusto, I'd gladly take one of those in two years!
I'll put the word out when you are ready I've seen a lot of super cool BC mix rescues around here lately.

Having said that, if you owned a Gusto and a Mia, the world might implode. Two brainy troublemakers is probably 1.5 too many!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:27 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I can't wait to hear you explain that not only is Squash an Alaskan Husky ("Wait..did you say husky...?") but that this other dog here is his half-sibling. Yes, really.

Aheheh. I've already learned to preface "he's an Alaskan Husky" with "believe it or not" when people ask. And still usually have to repeat "yes, husky".

But... I will probably not be in a position to get a puppy for any half siblings. It will hopefully be half... nieces/nephews or grand nieces/nephews? Half-siblings' progeny. I think another puppy in this house would just about do Pip in, so he will get to live the rest of his days here puppy-free unless some bizarre unforeseen convergence of events takes place.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Twin 2

I just got my next dog so I won't be adding one for a long long while. But next dog will more likely than not be another Koolie. I don't really see myself venturing out that much.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I'll put the word out when you are ready I've seen a lot of super cool BC mix rescues around here lately.

Having said that, if you owned a Gusto and a Mia, the world might implode. Two brainy troublemakers is probably 1.5 too many!
I'd definitely take you up on that one! There's a super cool little BC/terrier looking thing in the local shelter right now that I've been drooling over for a while. I wish it was the right timing, because I'd have to go check her out!

Gusto's part of the reason I keep thinking I might just need to look at rescue BC mixes first.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:52 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Aheheh. I've already learned to preface "he's an Alaskan Husky" with "believe it or not" when people ask. And still usually have to repeat "yes, husky".

But... I will probably not be in a position to get a puppy for any half siblings. It will hopefully be half... nieces/nephews or grand nieces/nephews? Half-siblings' progeny. I think another puppy in this house would just about do Pip in, so he will get to live the rest of his days here puppy-free unless some bizarre unforeseen convergence of events takes place.
Lucky Pip man Hopefully it all works out. Linney seems like a great dog for a hobby sledder/'jorer. And she's gorgeous which is a nice bonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Nice We very rarely have much in the way of interesting BC mixes here...they are usually some sort of 80lb heavy boned dog who happens to be black & white so is labeled BCX...there was a little BCX I nearly adopted a couple years ago but was holding out for a litter (that ended up never happening) so didn't.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13