Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-21-2012, 08:13 PM
<--------Orson

IMO, a 'heart dog' is that dog you judge all other dogs by. It doesn't always have to mean you love/loved that dog more, it just means you shared a bond like no other with that dog. I've had several dogs, growing up and since I've been grown. I loved each and every one of them (as others have said) in different ways, shared a bond with each and everyone of them as well.

My heart dog, the dog by which I measure all other dogs? That would be P.J. He was my blue dober boy. Smart as a whip, good judgement on his own, protective at the right times, awesome with kids, other dogs, not to mention handsome, LOL He got to be with me for 8 years.......not nearly long enough, but it never is I got him when I was 16, and he was gone when I was 24. He got to be around and protect, love, and play with my oldest son. For me, I truly can't see another dog EVER measuring up to what that boy was to me. Then again the universe is always full of surprises
Old 06-21-2012, 08:54 PM
overdogged

Without a doubt, always and forever.

I love my boys, too. Don't get me wrong. But there is just something about Luce, something about my relationship with her, that they just can't come close to.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 06-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
I've cared about other dogs, loved other dogs. But nothing compares to Zander. My bond with him isn't different from other dogs or even humans. It is simply above. Zander will always come first, as a friend and a partner. Not just a dog. He is more than just my heart, he is my soul. I wish I could say all dogs have their own special bond. But after Zander, it just isn't true for me.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
IMO, a 'heart dog' is that dog you judge all other dogs by. It doesn't always have to mean you love/loved that dog more, it just means you shared a bond like no other with that dog. I've had several dogs, growing up and since I've been grown. I loved each and every one of them (as others have said) in different ways, shared a bond with each and everyone of them as well.
And this too.

It's hard because Jackson *is* my first dog on my own, so it's easy for me to say he is my heart dog because I haven't experienced much else (on my own anyways). However he truly always has been the easiest dog for me. And by easiest, I mainly mean that we just have clicked together from the first moment I brought him home, and it was just an instant connection. I got very very lucky with him and I realize this every day. He's literally everything I could want in a dog for the most part and is capable of doing anything I could possibly want to do or try with a dog (almost all of the dog sports, for example, traveling, training, etc etc). No dog will ever compete with Jackson. I am sure I can share the equal amount of love with another... but Jackson will always be my #1.

I got my first dog technically speaking at 4 years old. Our Golden, Daisy. She was a horrible puppy, LOL, but of course I loved her. She was more my dads dog though. Then I got my GSD, Sadie, when I was 10 and as far as bonds go, we definitely had it. I still miss her greatly. I cried for weeks after she died and was devastated. But it still doesn't compare to Jackson.

I am sure I will love a lot of dogs just as much, in different ways, in the future. But he's sure set the bar high for a next dog! Which is why I think I'm so apprehensive to add another.

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
IMO, a 'heart dog' is that dog you judge all other dogs by. It doesn't always have to mean you love/loved that dog more, it just means you shared a bond like no other with that dog.
At first I was going to say I don't know if I agreed with how this was worded. But after I thought about it I totally agree. I can say I'll never judge any dogs against Yoshi or that I'll never use her as a measuring stick. But I know I will. I won't be disappointed when they aren't exactly like her or match up exactly on everything like she did. But she'll forever be my reference point.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:24 PM
orange iguanas.

Molly was my heart dog. I know every dog I have for the rest of my life is going to be compared to her. There was just something special about her, that I can't even really explain. She was... gentle, wise, loyal, in tune, and had this clear adoration for us. Everyone that met her loved her.

It's not that I love my other dogs less. They're just... not Molly.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I absolutely love both of my dogs. They are both special in their own way and they both mean the world to me.

I have to say though that Cricket and I have a bond so different than anything ive ever shared with another dog. We read each other so well and she goes everywhere with me.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 06-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

This little red dog is the dog that all others will be compared to, are there some things I wish were different? Sure, for example I wish she were a little less handler soft, however I just click with her. I did from the moment I met her. I love Upendi and Mina with all my heart, but even though they were here first I can admit that they get measured up to Cara. I can't explain it, it just is.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post

Without a doubt, always and forever.

I love my boys, too. Don't get me wrong. But there is just something about Luce, something about my relationship with her, that they just can't come close to.
Luce is one of a kind <3

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Yeeeeeah, the only thing I can say with certainty is that Frodo isn't my heart dog. Don't get me wrong, I love the little monster to death, but when I read what other people say about that special bond and such, I just don't have that with the Froman.

Fatty Daisy on the other hand, I'm pretty sure she is my heart rat.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Top Dog

This one.

Except it wasn't always like that. And there are still times I get frustrated with him, or about him. In the end though, he's what makes my world complete and keeps it from crashing down.

Buzz really is the dog I compare every other dog to, and the reason I wanted to adopt this one so badly!

I still think about this dog, and I still wish I had him. He even had a name already.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years