Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Little dog, big voice

Default Your heart dog?

"Heart Dog" is a term that I see being used fairly often, so I was wondering about everyone's heart dog, past or present.

I'm not too sure if Cali is my heart dog, but I do know that I'm much more bonded to her than Moses and I forgive her for thing much easier than if Mo had done them. I'd like to think she is.. but I'm not sure loving her so much would automatically make her my heart dog. She is a great dog though.. smart, challenging at times, overly stubborn in many ways, very loving, energetic, quite crazy.. I could go on. I'm convinced that she somehow picked up the stubborn-ness from me because it's getting to the point on walks where I get reasonably frustrated when she'd rather refuse to budge instead of walk. :P Oh well, I still love her!

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Are you dead yet?

Eve is my heart, but I think 'heart dog' is thrown around a lot and I'm not sure if it's even a phrase I want to assign to my own dogs. I think of Eve as an equal and a partner, and I've never loved another dog the way I love her. She's special, but I know every dog that comes into my life will be special too.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Top Dog

It's a tough one. I always thought that Classic was my heart dog until I got Zuma. Now that I have her, I can't imagine being more in touch with a dog than her and I are, but I also thought that about Classic. I'm like RD on this one, each dog is special and each bond I have with my dogs is special.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
Eve is my heart, but I think 'heart dog' is thrown around a lot and I'm not sure if it's even a phrase I want to assign to my own dogs. I think of Eve as an equal and a partner, and I've never loved another dog the way I love her. She's special, but I know every dog that comes into my life will be special too.
This is exactly how I feel. Shelby, my childhood dog, was that close to my heart and Bandit is too. They are so different but are both very dear to me.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Little dog, big voice

I've always been on that boat too. I've seen lots of posts of people being concerned about not loving a new dog as much as their old one, but I think it would be a different kind of love for each dog.. because they'll all have their differences and you'll learn to love them for it.

Moses and Cali are a world of difference. Moses is a lazy, older dog who is content to just lay around and cuddle and go for the daily walk.. and I love him for it. Whereas Cali is crazy, demanding, hyper and stubborn but I still manage to love her.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:22 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

My heart dogs are links to the chain that holds me together. Each so very different, each took a hunk of my heart when the left.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 06-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
It's a tough one. I always thought that Classic was my heart dog until I got Zuma. Now that I have her, I can't imagine being more in touch with a dog than her and I are, but I also thought that about Classic. I'm like RD on this one, each dog is special and each bond I have with my dogs is special.
I felt that way about Rylie until I had Emma, but Emma and I just click in a way that I haven't with the other dogs.

I love each of my dogs very, very much, and each one brings something different and special into my life!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 06-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Top Dog

My Chessie that I got when I was around 13. She was the best dog that I've ever had. I so wish that I could have her now or that I had known about dog sports then, we would have had a blast.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:28 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

That's a toughy. I think each and every dog I will own in my life will be special and dear to me. I've only had two dogs in my life - Evi and Gipsy. Evi passed away when I was 6 - so I don't really remember too much about her. She was still special and will always have a place in my heart.
Gipsy, however, I have grown up with - she and I have good through so so so much together - I will NEVER have that with another dog I think. Gipsy was there when my mom was sick, she was there when I was afraid of the dark - and she was there when we went on adventures. She was also my only friend for a while when we moved - she's been through most of my life with me - and no other dog will replace that.
She is my heart dog - and fear if she goes a part of my heart will go with her.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Kaydee

Sophie's portrait is on my shoulder, that says it all...