Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-21-2012, 03:27 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

not sure but I think this is close.

1. What was your favorite band at 16?
don't remember

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?
no

3. What was the most important thing you owned?
my dog

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun?
my art
5. Did you care more about appearance?
no

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance?
no

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 06-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Kaydee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Woohoo, another BSB'er. LOL. I'm pretty sure between 1998-2008, I counted going to about 30 shows, possibly more Ridiculous right? But we had a freaking blast.
Actually the Back Street Boys, N'Sync, Sean Paul, Missy Elliot all bring back memories of my kidz. Remember the oldest girl dressing up everybody and lip synching Lady Marmalade...then there were The Spice Girls heeheehee
Old 06-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Are you dead yet?

Only picture from age 16, I think.

1. What was your favorite band at 16? - I listened to a huge variety of music, I think my favorite at the time was edge of sanity or children of bodom, but I literally listened to everything from piano concertos to death metal.

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? - On and off, nothing serious and nothing that lasted more than a few months.

3. What was the most important thing you owned? - Dogs. My papillon Ripley, and Dakota the BC.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? - Dog stuff. Swimming. Nonstop. Little bit of biking/skateboarding and basketball before I hurt my knee.

5. Did you care more about appearance? - Yep yep yep.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? - I'd love for my 22 year old brain to go back to my 16 year old body.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Felurian

I remember you at 16, Grace <3

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-21-2012, 06:38 PM
APBT crazy!

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Hmm I liked Nelly (the rapper not Nelly Furtado.) a lot and Eminem although neither are much of a band. And Smash Mouth. And Match Box Twenty and Lifehouse. And AeroSmith. I am obsessed with music!

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? No.

3. What was the most important thing you owned? I would say my dogs Rocky & Jenny.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Hang out with friends, walk my dogs, and horse back riding!

5. Did you care more about appearance? Yes! I have always cared about my appearance. ;0)

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? Umm probably not!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post

1. What was your favorite band at 16?

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?

3. What was the most important thing you owned?

5. Did you care more about appearance?

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance?
When I was 16, I lived in a very different world than you guys are today, so my answers will probably be different than most of yours.

1. I only listened to Vietnamese musics
2. Nope. But I had a best guy-friend who's still my best of best friends 22 years later
3. My diary!
4. Playing with the neighborhood kids!!! My family lived in a very poor yet very close-knitted neighborhood where we didn't have much in terms of materials, but very rich in love & support. I was heavily involved in my Church's Eucharistic Youth group at the time & had about 10 younger kids under my charge. I loved them like my own little brothers/sisters & spent every free minutes I have loving them, teaching them, playing with them & learning from them!
5. Not at all. I was too busy having fun in the mud to care about how I look
6. I missed & loved that time of my life so much that I would go back in a heartbeat. Not to change anything, but perhaps to savor everything a little bit more, to love more, to remember more, to relive all the great memories I had

I'm very surprised so many of you referred to highshool at a time of drama. (Isn't it supposed to be the best time of your life??) I was a senior when I left Vietname & am happy to say that my highshool years were completely drama free!!! I loved every minutes of it, every friends I had a chance to meet & every memories we created together. In fact, except for a circle of friends I met here in the U.S. from college/work/church, etc.. all my closest friends now are friends I met in gradeschool through highschool in Vietnam!!! If I can turn back time, I'd definitely want to be in highshool again - but, it has to be in Vietnam at the time I left (I heard from friends who still live there that Vietnam's culture has evolved & changed a lot lately, thanks to the Western influences... unfortunately, not for the better in most aspects!!)...

Upon coming here in Jan 1990, I asked to be placed in a junior class for the rest of the schoolyear to learn English & spent the entire senior year & graduted here in the U.S., but those year & a half did not leave any great marks in my memories (except for a few instances where not knowing English caused my great grief!). I was too new to be involved in anything.. but perhaps, from your description of highschool, I really didn't miss much

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.

Last edited by M&M's Mommy; 06-21-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:13 PM
orange iguanas.

I'm pretty sure was 16ish here

1. What was your favorite band at 16? This was the time when I started getting into different types of music, so I had lots of "favorites." At the top were probably Chiodos, Four Year Strong, and A Day To Remember.

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? No but I had a super duper huge crush lol.

3. What was the most important thing you owned? Cell phone

Bon fires, hang out watching movies or playing video games... that's still fun

5. Did you care more about appearance? Hmm. I cared about appearance but I wasn't as into it as most teenage girls. I probably care more now than I did then.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? I would! I didn't mind high school at all and I'd love to get the chance to do some things differently to make it even BETTER!
Plus I hate having adult responsibilities lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Mutts to you

About as close as I could find - I think I was 15. This was one of my neighbor's old horses - her name was Red and she had a reputation for literally kicking trespassers out of her pasture.

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Moody Blues, among others.

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? yes

3. What was the most important thing you owned? My horse, Rusty. He was my first horse and it took a couple years of serious saving/babysitting to earn the money to buy him.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Ride, hang out at the stable.

5. Did you care more about appearance? Nope, and still don't.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? No way

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 06-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Blackout

There's not a decent picture of me on my machine from when I was that age LOL so I'll go ahead with the answers

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Weezer, David Bowie, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Yes

3. What was the most important thing you owned? Erm...condoms? XD, nah, my blueberry iBook I guess.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Hang out with friends mostly, shop around, eat - got to travel abit that summer too which was nice

5. Did you care more about appearance? Abit more obsessive/insecure I will admit - I really really was crazy over how I looked a few years ago - but it's sort of calmed and I'm abit more relaxed recently

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? Could I do over my life since then if I did go back? LOL - if yes then totally. If not - then nope.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 06-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Taxiderpy

I don't have a picture.

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Squirrel Nut Zippers or Chemical Brothers

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Yes

3. What was the most important thing you owned? Either the chinchillas or my violin.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Procession of the Species! That, and nintendo/top ramen parties until 4 am with my dude friends.

5. Did you care more about appearance? Not really sure. I was totally a goth, but the reason I'm not a goth now is because I worry about my appearance so....

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? Heck no!