Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-21-2012, 10:07 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

LOL the only pictures I have online of me at that age were shared on facebook by some dear friends who felt the need to post the WORST photos of me hahaha.

LOL these are so embarassing. anyway my friends and I went through a "modelling" phase lol we would pose and take photos of each other and as you can see in the background we had a slight obsession with Jean Claude van Damme

1. What was your favorite band at 16?

Backstreet boys lol. Saw them in concert twice.

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?

I don't remember for sure if I had one or not at 16. they were all pretty insignificant "relationships" that I had in highschool that only lasted a couple weeks or a couple months.

3. What was the most important thing you owned?

My CD collection. I was big into music. I ALWAYS had my discman with me where ever I went. Walking between classes... had my ear buds in. On the bus... had my ear buds in. no matter what I was doing between classes or before or after class... had my ear buds in. It's a miracle I can hear today lol.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun?

We mostly hung out at the mall because it was free lol

5. Did you care more about appearance?

I did but I failed miserably at it. I have no fashion sense and no sense of doing makeup or my hair or anything else so usually when I would put effort into those things it was a big FAIL haha.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance?

NO WAY. too much highschool drama stuff. I was the typical dramatic 16 year old girl and I really don't want to relive that nonsense. Too complicated lol. my 30's have been the best of my life so far and I hope it just keeps getting better and better. Even as a kid though I couldn't wait to be in my 30's and do adult things. I always loved hanging around the adults at family gatherings or parties my parents would have. I just loved listening to adults talk and interact. Even now I enjoy getting older and doing the fun things adults get to do lol.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post

Backstreet boys lol. Saw them in concert twice.
Woohoo, another BSB'er. LOL. I'm pretty sure between 1998-2008, I counted going to about 30 shows, possibly more Ridiculous right? But we had a freaking blast.

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Felurian

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Don't remember, lol. Something heavy metal, no doubt.

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Yes, but don't ask me to remember his name. I think I went through several, actually. EDIT: No, wait . . . when I went to the JuCo (Herbie High aka Walters State CC) that fall -- there was a guy, I think his name was David. He was 29, 6'4" and drove an MGB.

3. What was the most important thing you owned? Purdue, the GSD Nanny gave me.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Walking with Purdue. We moved here a few weeks after I turned 16, several miles from town, I wasn't allowed to learn to drive so I was basically my mother's prisoner all summer until I started at the local junior college that fall.

5. Did you care more about appearance? Obviously, lol. Look at the curls, although I don't think it was a case of "cared more" as much as it was a case of made it a lot more difficult than it needed to be.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? OH HELL NO!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Woohoo, another BSB'er. LOL. I'm pretty sure between 1998-2008, I counted going to about 30 shows, possibly more Ridiculous right? But we had a freaking blast.
I have always liked them, but in high school i kept it on the DL trying to be cool. lol.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 06-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
NO WAY. too much highschool drama stuff. I was the typical dramatic 16 year old girl and I really don't want to relive that nonsense. Too complicated lol. my 30's have been the best of my life so far and I hope it just keeps getting better and better. Even as a kid though I couldn't wait to be in my 30's and do adult things. I always loved hanging around the adults at family gatherings or parties my parents would have. I just loved listening to adults talk and interact. Even now I enjoy getting older and doing the fun things adults get to do lol.
This is exactly how I felt! I have always wanted to be an adult, and I am SO happy that I'm closer to 30 than 18 now. I love being an adult and doing adult things- I would never want to go backwards!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 06-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
I have always liked them, but in high school i kept it on the DL trying to be cool. lol.
Lol, same. I didn't talk about them at all in high school, I just didn't wanna deal with it, but I always was a huge fan. I used to chat on all the bsb message boards and stuff. The year I graduated was when we decided to "tour" with them, and I was 18 and done with HS, so then I just started not caring anymore. But the past few years I've completely forgotten about them, it's kinda sad, haha, as we had such good times. I still hang out with the close friends we made on tour tho. haha. once in a lifetime experience for sure. Actually I'm going to Hershey Park to see them this year in August and it'll be a first in a LONG time. Not going to lie, I'm kinda excited... if they even remember me anymore haha.

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
This is exactly how I felt! I have always wanted to be an adult, and I am SO happy that I'm closer to 30 than 18 now. I love being an adult and doing adult things- I would never want to go backwards!
This. I always hung out with older people anyways and got a long better with adults. I like being 21, I'd like to stay at this age, kthx.

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Silence! I ban you!

1. What was your favorite band at 16? - Motley Crue

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? - Nothing steady. Played the field

3. What was the most important thing you owned? - Probably my 1979 Celica. To a 16 year old, a license and a car trumps most things.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? - Run.

5. Did you care more about appearance? - Not really

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? - Hmmmm, I wouldn't "be" 16 again, I was an idiot I'd like to have that body again, though. Sure I was skinny, but you can put on muscle. I was pretty fit and didn't have near the health issues I have now.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Top Dog

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Big and Rich.

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Yes--the same guy I'm dating now. :3

3. What was the most important thing you owned? My computer--the same computer I'm using now. :C

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Shopping.

5. Did you care more about appearance? Than now? No, not really. I was less secure about my looks, but I didn't care any more.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? Absolutely not, no, never. Rather die.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

AC/DC through my whole teens :-)

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?

Yes, my current hubby here is a picture of the two of us at his SR prom... Can you tell it was the 90's by the hair?

3. What was the most important thing you owned?

My pets, even back then...

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun?

We went to the beach a lot, my very favorite though was showing my animals in 4H

5. Did you care more about appearance?

Sort of... But I've never been a Girly girl

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance?

No.... It was a rough year, the year I became pregnant with Jenn... No regrets now but would not want to go through it again.. I was about 4 months Pregnant in that picture