16 Year Old You- Share!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I thought it would be fun for everyone to post up a picture of themselves at 16 and answer a few questions :D

1. What was your favorite band at 16?

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?

3. What was the most important thing you owned?

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun?

5. Did you care more about appearance?

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance?

Last edited:

ACooper

Awe, you were cute!

My scanner/printer just pooped out yesterday so I can't play :(

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Here's me at 16:

Me at 16! by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Dashboard Confessional

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Yes, I had my first "real" boyfriend

3. What was the most important thing you owned? My car! FREEDOM!

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? I loved shopping and going to the beach

5. Did you care more about appearance? Yes, I spent a lot more time on my appearance

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? No way- I love being in my 20's!

JacksonsMom

Well, being 16 for me doesn't seem like THAT long ago, though then I realize that it kinda was... (I'll be 22 this year). I didn't really look that much different. My 5 year old brother had just died from drowning so turning 16 was kinda ruined for me - probably worst year of my life. :( -end depressive story-

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Backstreet Boys

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Nope.

3. What was the most important thing you owned? Not sure really... I didn't get my license until I was 17, and even so, I didn't own my car. Hmm... probably my laptop. Ha. Nerd alert.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Going to concerts. We pretty much followed the Backstreet Boys around, it was awesome, LOL.

5. Did you care more about appearance? No, not more than I do now.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? God no.

Me and my bro shortly before he passed:
[/IMG]

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug

1. What was your favorite band at 16? I think it was Hedley

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Yes, I had my first "real" boyfriend

3. What was the most important thing you owned? My car! FREEDOM!

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Playing soccer.

5. Did you care more about appearance? Yes, I spent a lot more time on my appearance

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? In a way, yes. It was easier then. But really i don't, i wouldn't have Iz and i like being out of high school.

CaliTerp07

BLINK 182!!!

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16. As soon as I turned 16 (literally, 2 weeks later), I started dating the guy I dated for 4 years, lol.

3. What was the most important thing you owned? My drivers license

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Play soccer, go to the beach

5. Did you care more about appearance? Yeah. But I was a late bloomer. My parents never let me wear makeup/shave my legs/wear trendy clothes/etc in junior high, so I was figuring it all out in high school. It was kind of an awkward time.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? No way in heck. Sooooooo much drama!

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
1. What was your favorite band at 16? - Placebo, I think

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? - Yes, was with him for 5 wasteful years!

3. What was the most important thing you owned? - My precious border collie girl.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? - Dog Training.

5. Did you care more about appearance? - Nope

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? - OH HELL NO!

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Honestly, I dont even know. I was in to alot of music back then. Alot of rap and hip hop. prob Ja rule or sean paul lol

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? yes. which is so funny, because he just facebooked me a few weeks ago.

3. What was the most important thing you owned? Prob my cell phone. lol. I was ALWAYS on my phone or texting if I wasnt with my friends haha

It was the blue one with the clock lit up on it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wmliu/74310252/

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Hang out with friends. I was always with a LARGE grop of people, there was like 20 of us that hung out every day and night.

5. Did you care more about appearance? yes. Much more then now. I did my hair and make up daily, I worried about what i wore. Now a days (11 years later) I dont care as much. I try to look nice, But if I dont do my make up and hair that day, Ill still go out lol

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? Yes, honestly. there was no care in the world. We had so much fun, did so much, never worried about work, bills, savings, houses ect. we lived for the moment. I have 1000's of photos to remind myself, and to many memories to count. So Im good. Im glad Im at the age I am now. but it would be fun to go back once in a while.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

16 wasn't really that long ago for me, like 6 months :p

1. What was your favorite band at 16? I didn't and don't have favorite bands. I like random songs, but I rarely like multiple songs from the same group. I'd probably say my favorite artist was Taylor Swift, or Usher.

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Nope, still don't, and I probably won't for quite some time

3. What was the most important thing you owned? I don't really own her, but most likely Suzie. She's the most important thing in my life.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Play frisbee with the 'big' kids.

5. Did you care more about appearance? No, I've started caring more how I look now then I did 6 months ago.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? No, I'm ready to be out of high school and start to do the things I want to do, so no sense in going back in time.

GipsyQueen

Me at 16 (I didn't have a better one. ;) This is with my mom, my grandma and my great-grandma - Fun fact, my mom is exactly 50 years younger than my great-grand and I am exactly 50 years younger than my grandma.)

1. What was your favorite band at 16? My chemical romance

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? yes.

3. What was the most important thing you owned? Probably my computer. ^^ I didn't get my lisence until I was 17 - 18 until I was allowed to drive on my own.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Mountain Biking and shopping.

5. Did you care more about appearance? Too much.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? Noooo I like being in my 20s. ;)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
LOL the only pictures I have online of me at that age were shared on facebook by some dear friends who felt the need to post the WORST photos of me hahaha.

LOL these are so embarassing. anyway my friends and I went through a "modelling" phase lol we would pose and take photos of each other and as you can see in the background we had a slight obsession with Jean Claude van Damme

Backstreet boys lol. Saw them in concert twice.

I don't remember for sure if I had one or not at 16. they were all pretty insignificant "relationships" that I had in highschool that only lasted a couple weeks or a couple months.

My CD collection. I was big into music. I ALWAYS had my discman with me where ever I went. Walking between classes... had my ear buds in. On the bus... had my ear buds in. no matter what I was doing between classes or before or after class... had my ear buds in. It's a miracle I can hear today lol.

We mostly hung out at the mall because it was free lol

I did but I failed miserably at it. I have no fashion sense and no sense of doing makeup or my hair or anything else so usually when I would put effort into those things it was a big FAIL haha.

NO WAY. too much highschool drama stuff. I was the typical dramatic 16 year old girl and I really don't want to relive that nonsense. Too complicated lol. my 30's have been the best of my life so far and I hope it just keeps getting better and better. Even as a kid though I couldn't wait to be in my 30's and do adult things. I always loved hanging around the adults at family gatherings or parties my parents would have. I just loved listening to adults talk and interact. Even now I enjoy getting older and doing the fun things adults get to do lol.

JacksonsMom

Backstreet boys lol. Saw them in concert twice.
Woohoo, another BSB'er. LOL. I'm pretty sure between 1998-2008, I counted going to about 30 shows, possibly more :yikes: Ridiculous right? But we had a freaking blast.

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Don't remember, lol. Something heavy metal, no doubt.

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Yes, but don't ask me to remember his name. I think I went through several, actually. EDIT: No, wait . . . when I went to the JuCo (Herbie High aka Walters State CC) that fall -- there was a guy, I think his name was David. He was 29, 6'4" and drove an MGB.

3. What was the most important thing you owned? Purdue, the GSD Nanny gave me.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Walking with Purdue. We moved here a few weeks after I turned 16, several miles from town, I wasn't allowed to learn to drive so I was basically my mother's prisoner all summer until I started at the local junior college that fall.

5. Did you care more about appearance? Obviously, lol. :rofl1: Look at the curls, although I don't think it was a case of "cared more" as much as it was a case of made it a lot more difficult than it needed to be.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? OH HELL NO!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
NO WAY. too much highschool drama stuff. I was the typical dramatic 16 year old girl and I really don't want to relive that nonsense. Too complicated lol. my 30's have been the best of my life so far and I hope it just keeps getting better and better. Even as a kid though I couldn't wait to be in my 30's and do adult things. I always loved hanging around the adults at family gatherings or parties my parents would have. I just loved listening to adults talk and interact. Even now I enjoy getting older and doing the fun things adults get to do lol.
This is exactly how I felt! I have always wanted to be an adult, and I am SO happy that I'm closer to 30 than 18 now. I love being an adult and doing adult things- I would never want to go backwards!

JacksonsMom

I have always liked them, but in high school i kept it on the DL trying to be cool. lol.
Lol, same. I didn't talk about them at all in high school, I just didn't wanna deal with it, but I always was a huge fan. I used to chat on all the bsb message boards and stuff. The year I graduated was when we decided to "tour" with them, and I was 18 and done with HS, so then I just started not caring anymore. But the past few years I've completely forgotten about them, it's kinda sad, haha, as we had such good times. I still hang out with the close friends we made on tour tho. haha. once in a lifetime experience for sure. Actually I'm going to Hershey Park to see them this year in August and it'll be a first in a LONG time. Not going to lie, I'm kinda excited... if they even remember me anymore haha.

JacksonsMom

This is exactly how I felt! I have always wanted to be an adult, and I am SO happy that I'm closer to 30 than 18 now. I love being an adult and doing adult things- I would never want to go backwards!
This. I always hung out with older people anyways and got a long better with adults. I like being 21, I'd like to stay at this age, kthx.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
1. What was your favorite band at 16? - Motley Crue

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? - Nothing steady. Played the field

3. What was the most important thing you owned? - Probably my 1979 Celica. To a 16 year old, a license and a car trumps most things.

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? - Run.

5. Did you care more about appearance? - Not really

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? - Hmmmm, I wouldn't "be" 16 again, I was an idiot :D I'd like to have that body again, though. Sure I was skinny, but you can put on muscle. I was pretty fit and didn't have near the health issues I have now.

Red.Apricot

1. What was your favorite band at 16? Big and Rich.

2. Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Yes--the same guy I'm dating now. :3

3. What was the most important thing you owned? My computer--the same computer I'm using now. :C

4. What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Shopping.

5. Did you care more about appearance? Than now? No, not really. I was less secure about my looks, but I didn't care any more.

6. Would you go back to being sixteen if you had the chance? Absolutely not, no, never. Rather die.

LauraLeigh

AC/DC through my whole teens :)

Yes, my current hubby here is a picture of the two of us at his SR prom... Can you tell it was the 90's by the hair?

My pets, even back then...

We went to the beach a lot, my very favorite though was showing my animals in 4H

Sort of... But I've never been a Girly girl

No.... It was a rough year, the year I became pregnant with Jenn... No regrets now but would not want to go through it again.. I was about 4 months Pregnant in that picture

Members online

No members online now.