Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Felurian

I do not know that I can honestly make myself keep going without Kharma . . . if I even want to try. Losing Bimmer will be awful, terrible, devastating, but Kharma is going to be something entirely different. Buffy was very nearly the end of me, but knowing I had to keep Bimmer going kept me going.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I know for sure that I'm going to need a LOT of therapy when I lose one of my dogs. Coming close to losing Emma during her head injury really shook me up... It was right after I realized that Emma is my heart dog. She's only 2 right now and will hopefully have a long, healthy life... but she's just the most special, awesome dog... she's just perfect.

Every day I look at them and try to hold onto the moment... because before I know it, they'll be gone I can't imagine having a whole different set of dogs!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 06-21-2012, 10:06 AM
<--------Orson

Just losing Phoebe about 12 weeks ago, (after being part of the family for almost 12 years) it's difficult and terrible but I put one foot in front of the other daily until the pain eased up a bit. I am in a place now where I can laugh at silly things she did, talk about her, and smile when I look at her photos all without crying.

She was my son's heart dog, they grew up together. He still isn't in a place to see photos or talk about her without needing to leave the room. Time is the only healer.

As to worrying, yes, I'm worried about Orson. He's 6, his muzzle is starting to get white hairs, and his breed isn't known for longevity...........10 is a ripe old age for Dobes in general
Old 06-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Top Dog

Elsie isn't even two yet, and I'm already telling her to slow down, don't age so fast, you're fine where you are.

Reading stories about people's dogs who've died young destroys me, and I've honestly never been as attached to a dog as I am to Elsie.

I don't know what I'll do when she goes.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Miss Alana

Yesterday was June 20th 2012. It was super hot yesterday. All i'm worried about is my do Max dying or getting sick from heat exhaustion and on top of that he is old and a long haired breed. This might sound silly, but Max is seriously my best friend. We've been through alot together. If I can find a hankerchief I usually wet it down with cool water and rap it around his neck not to tight not to loose. But my message to you is enjoy them while you can but when they do pass, remember you gave them a wonderful life that you and them enjoyed through out the years.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Kaydee

One of the saddest night of my life was coming home and seeing my Kashi laid out in the street. Head injury so I pray he didn't even see it coming...but sooo hard. Hubby was even upset. That was a really special cat...Joe Pesci in a fur suit. Whatta lover, every night he would wash us, wash the dog, then curl up in the middle of our bed...Ruler of All He Surveyed...took me awhile to look at any orange cat.

Then when it was time we got Levon, not quite as cuddly, but still very people friendly with an attitude as big as a cougar. First night he was here, he was five pounds of orange fluff. He stepped up in front of 6 other bigger, older cats and a dog. Chased them all from the food bowl and sat down to eat while they watched. Great cat
Old 06-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Are you dead yet?

I really think that having another dog to come home to after losing your special dog makes a big difference... I don't think I would've made it through Shiner's death if not for Ripley, and (oddly enough) my cat, RJ, who is an incredibly intuitive creature and knew exactly what I needed to keep going.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Felurian

I think knowing Bimmer will have Buffy awaiting him helps as I see the years add up for him. It's going to be terrible, and it will hurt me to my very core, but that thought is comforting.

Kharma . . . while she loves Bimmer, it has always been, first, last and always, the two of us.

Tallulah . . . is still a baby! But she could love someone else, I think. She never forgets -- she still is curious when she hears a Harley, although she doesn't get excited anymore and she carries on like crazy when I leave -- it seriously sounds like someone is killing her by inches

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I always get more worried around this time of the year... heat and tumors don't mix too well... the heat is why I lost Rogue when I did

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-21-2012, 06:08 PM
such sights to show you

Yup, every time one comes into your life, you know they're going to break your heart in pieces someday. It's worth it, though. I've learned to just really treat every day with them like gold and enjoy what time we do have.