Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I've been thinking a lot about it especially with Ren lately. As much as he irritates and frustrates me and is just so naughty, he's my boy, and it breaks my heart that he won't be with me much longer. Especially in the last year we've gotten such a strong bond, and now it may all be stolen from me.

I've gotten so much worse about it since I lost Rascal, I used to be good about just enjoying the time we have and not thinking about it.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
orange iguanas.

I get like that too. For some reason I always feel like Lucy is immortal, even though she comes from crap breeding. It just seems impossible that she wouldn't be here, even though I was 14 when I got her it seems like I've had her forever.

I think about it more with Juno. Mostly because she is 3 and it seems really uncommon for boxers to have not had any issues by that age. I read all the time about MCTs, heart problems, cancers on my boxer board... and can't help but wonder when (not if) she will be plagued with the same issues. So far so good, but I keep an eye on her and I know my heart is going to just sink the first time anything crops up.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I think about it more with Juno. Mostly because she is 3 and it seems really uncommon for boxers to have not had any issues by that age. I read all the time about MCTs, heart problems, cancers on my boxer board... and can't help but wonder when (not if) she will be plagued with the same issues. So far so good, but I keep an eye on her and I know my heart is going to just sink the first time anything crops up.
Just remember people come online and are way more vocal when something is going wrong. You see all the people asking for help and support when something is wrong but you miss out on everyone where everything is going great

Old 06-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I get like that too. For some reason I always feel like Lucy is immortal, even though she comes from crap breeding. It just seems impossible that she wouldn't be here, even though I was 14 when I got her it seems like I've had her forever.

Yep. You're doing very well if ferrets don't have cancer by the time they're 5... Renegade is 5, Harley is 4 1/2... Both have been deemed healthy, but I guess we'll see Monday, I'd be surprised if there isn't a tumor hiding in ren.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I get so worried about my Fatty Daisy, she is already two, which is senior in rats. I check her over every day just waiting to find a lump
I feel like it's not fair that I've only had her for 3 months and she's already OLD!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I get so worried about my Fatty Daisy, she is already two, which is senior in rats. I check her over every day just waiting to find a lump
I feel like it's not fair that I've only had her for 3 months and she's already OLD!
Rodents have always been super hard for me. They go from happy young rats to seniors in just months

Old 06-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Top Dog

When we lost my Bedlington, I remember getting weepy at the barn about it. My friend said that the last time she had lost a pet, she had of course been a wreck, and her not-animal-person husband has said "Why do you put yourself through this over and over again?" And she said to me "Non animal people just won't ever understand that it is worth every bit of pain."

I'll be a mess when any of my animals die. I'm going to need a padded room when Meg does. Has the time I've had with her been worth it? 1000 times over.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Top Dog

I try not to think about it. Death is sad and it's a part of life, I'd rather try and focus on them while they walk this earth. It is horrible when I see so many dogs passing away though.

I worry about my Lab x. He's 5, 6 in October and I can't shake this feeling that there is something wrong with him or something bad will be wrong with him soon.

Serenity is under two and I have plenty of time left with her but I'm more attached to her then I am Sunny. She's a pain in the ass at times but she's grabbed my heart and I try not to think about her cute self not being by my side.. That day will be the hardest.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Are you dead yet?

It's not fair to us, that they leave so soon. Eve is turning 6 this year, and this is the first year I haven't been overjoyed for her birthday and a "yay, she's MATURING!" milestone. Now I don't want her to age, I don't want her to change. I was excited for her to quit being a puppy but I wish I could freeze her like this, my perfect dog, forever.

I was talking to the boyfriend (whose first childhood dog died this year) today about how impossibly hard it's going to be when Eve dies. A huge piece of me is going to die with her, and it's going to be a void that no other animal will ever, ever be able to fill. I don't even like to think about it.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:52 PM
<------RIP Superdog

I think I will be sad until the day I die missing Riley. He was only 9. I still dont know how I came out mostly on the other side alive after loosing him. My heart hurts every day.