Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Default Feeling sad and it's just not fair

There are have been so many losses on this forum, especially lately. It really makes me realize my own dogs are not immortal and that I will have to go through this in the future as well. I'm having a hard time with this lately- I can't shake the idea of death from my mind I don't know how I'll cope when they pass away.

Rylie is turning 7 in September, and it's hard to remember a time when she wasn't in my life- I brought her home when I was a Junior in college. She's been through every big step of my life. I just can't imagine that she won't be here.

I'm terrified that Chloe's mole will turn out to be skin cancer. I'm not ready to lose her- she's 6 years old. The possibility of this being something serious just makes me sick to my stomach

I was browsing my old chihuahua forum and saw that a member lost all three of her rescue puppies to Parvo... one right after the other. It was the saddest series of threads. These puppies were 2 or 3 months old and seemed like they were going to pull through, but they all died. It's just not fair.

Thanks for letting me vent/ramble on. I just feel so sad.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 06-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Little dog, big voice

First off, I really hope that Chloe will be dubbed perfectly healthy when she goes to the vet.

Secondly, I can sympathesize. After hearing about all these deaths, and since Moses is 11 years old and isn't doing too great.. I think about losing him on a daily basis. My parents got him as a surprise when I was 5 years old, and needless to say, I was absolutely thrilled. I've pretty much grown up with him, and I know that I'll miss him so much when he's gone.. even his delusionalness when he thinks someone is at the door and continues to bark until you get up, "check" the door and tell him nobody is there. It really brings you back to reality when you remember that they won't live forever, no matter how much you love them.. but at least they've spent their lives knowing what love is, which unfortunately isn't the case for many dogs.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Top Dog

I've had trouble with this too. Yoshi turned seven in march and I was worried then and these threads all make me sad for the people and the dogs but also knowing I'm going to have to come on here and do these posts eventually too.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Top Dog

First off, I am sure Chloe's mole is going to be just fine!

Second, I do understand. I've had a few people lose dogs lately - my stepsister lost her 15 year old BC/shepherd mix a few weeks ago, my little sisters daycare provider who we call Grammy, lost her 14 year old Maltese and was devastated, and there was a few more. Luckily it makes me feel better that they were all older. But it still puts it in the back of your mind that one day he won't be here. Honestly the day that it happens, I'm afraid for myself. I will be an absolute wreck. I can't even think about it. I can only hope and pray that he lives to an old (and healthy) age and he will be around for a long time. He'll only be 4 this year but even saying that he'll be 4 sounds SOOO weird. WHERE does the time go?! It just goes way too quickly.

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Kaydee

Yes Jessie, calm down Darlin', chances are that you and your babies will spend many happy years together. Imagine life like a series of books, some books you reread and enjoy. Some you never want to pick up again. But the pages are ongoing...forever really

...absolutely the saddest thing about companion animals is that they get to that rainbow bridge so far ahead of us. My Kashi and Delilah both went within months of each other...and my daughter's rat. I held her and took her to the vet when they put her to sleep. Cried my whiskers off, we had her so long and it was incredibly hard to say goodbye.

Bye the bye kids, have compassion for people with the diversity of pets. Some people would tsktsk mourning companion animals at all, some think dogs and cats are the ones to really get upset about...but who are they to judge? A goldfish, a hissing roach, any creature that makes someone happy to care for it...is still a companion animal...all meaningful living things

I'm looking into volunteering for hospice, reflex is that I'm too sensitive. But I've gotten through major loss...and found reasonable peace...I can make a difference helping other people through...volunteering is a wonderful way to find meaning in life, go for it!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:08 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

(((HUGS))) I know how you feel. I can't imagine life without Gipsy. We grew up together, and she's been there for everything. I just can't imagine her gone.

So true - from Marley & me:
. . . owning a dog always ended with this sadness because dogs just don't live as long as people do.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Rosey's 16 in October, and having what I think are focal seizures. I get it ((((hugs))))

I'm sure Chloe's mole will be nothing, she's not allowed to be sick! You have my number if you need someone <3

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
So true - from Marley & me:
. . . owning a dog always ended with this sadness because dogs just don't live as long as people do.
This sums it up

Old 06-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Second, I do understand. I've had a few people lose dogs lately - my stepsister lost her 15 year old BC/shepherd mix a few weeks ago, .
I used to like you, you know. Why you go telling me things like this??

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-20-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm All Ears

I worry sometimes ad tell Summer she's not allowed to get old. She's 8 now and starting to grey. Beau is so incredibly grey these days too (7).

But then I think that none of us ever really know what is coming. I remember when Harry died and my mom was talking to my sister and explaining to her how sad it was when pets died and how sad she would be when Beau died, but that it was something that she would have to go through because dogs just don't live as long as people. Then my mom died less than 2 years later.

I don't know that that came across right or just morbid, but I think about that every single time I worry about my dogs and realize we just don't know and I have to be grateful for every day with them. There is no for sure in anything.

The day I lose Mia, I will be a complete mess. That one's going to be especially hard. But I try not to dwell on it.