Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Professional Nerd

Default Is this creepy?

There is this woman that I used to be friends with but she turned out to be a pathological liar. When I called her on a few things, she blocked me on Facebook, and I've not heard from her since. Good riddance.

In the meantime, I've joined Instagram. It's fun. I have noticed this woman's particular handle "liking" some pictures of people I follow. I didn't think much of it, as she has dogs of the same breed as them. But then, I started seeing her on pictures of some of my friends that she wouldn't know. They were pet people, and this lady was into animals. So, I figured whatever, she likes to look at pics of their pets. They were cute pics, and I can't fault anybody for wanting to look at them. But then I got curious and I went to see who else she was following. Of course it's a lot of the same people as me, but the thing that creeped me out was one of them was a friend of mine from high school. She has no pets, and has always lived here locally. I can't imagine any similar circles where they could have met. There is NO reason for this other woman to be following her. I wonder if she's doing some sort of weird spy thing on me and following a good number of the people I follow?

Is that creepy or am I being paranoid? I think it's seriously weird.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

I had/have this happen to me. My Ex just WOULD NOT LET GO and has friended all my friends and started following all my friends all of whom he met MAYBE one time each.

Don't have any advice but it is creepy as heck.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:59 PM
such sights to show you

Yes, it is creepy. No, I wouldn't quite know what to do about it, if anything.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Bite me.

Sorry, I will stop following your friends.... :P

Seriously, I see it happen all the time. We live in a strange world, now.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

It's possible it's just coincidence - it's a surprisingly small world. My cousin who is about a decade older than me is good friends with one of the people I was friends with in high school. One of my co-workers is friends with a woman who's wedding video I edited years ago when I worked in weddings. One of the local dog club members breeds border collies and turned out to be my best friend in middle school/high school's aunt (I NEVER knew she had a relative who bred dogs!) Another member is married to one of my high school teachers. And actually, one of my co-workers is friends with one of my high school teachers and I've gone out to the bar and such with groups that include her before (AWWWKWAAAAAARD!)

So you never know. Sometimes people know each other from random places. Also the internet seems to be making our world smaller all the time.

That said, it would make me suspicious too, yeah. =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Top Dog

Can you ask your friend if she knows her?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Kaydee

The social networks give me the creeps anyway...back in dinosaur days we friended by picking up the phone, good enough fer me...
Old 06-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Professional Nerd

I have, and no she doesn't.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Top Dog

I think you might be being just a tad paranoid. When you get into a friend ship with someone, it's not hard to web out from there especially with the internet.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 06-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
I think you might be being just a tad paranoid. When you get into a friend ship with someone, it's not hard to web out from there especially with the internet.

But still, explain my high school classmate who doesn't know this woman from a hole in the ground. Of the millions of random people on Instagram to follow, why is one of her 70 somebody from my life that she has never had contact with?