Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-18-2012, 02:13 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Thanks for sharing everyone. Dogs were not my first love. I didn't honestly even care all that much about dogs until we got our Chevelle. And I cared enough about her to do my research. Before that, I thought Beneful was a good food. Lol! My first love was music. I was a band geek. And I have always liked pottery and sculpting.

I didn't really think of decorating my house as a hobby, but I definitely take that seriously! I don't like modern sort of furniture styles, I keep everything as "country living" as possible with nothing extreme and fairly neutral tones.

I like fashion, but I don't have the money to worry much about it...that and I would rather not buy a ton of clothes since I have sworn to myself I will lose weight. I've been going to the gym lately. If anyone has any advice or gym experience, that would be nice! Lol.
Give yourself a solid reason to loose the weight. For me, it was my wedding. Every time I didn't want to go to the gym or wanted to give up I would picture my dress and it would motivate me.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 06-18-2012, 02:38 AM
Plus One

Horses. I really love horses although I can't actually afford to have my own. Luckily a friend has more horses than she knows what to do with and I ride one of those and I may be riding another this summer. I'm actually doing my first 2 phase event in 3 weeks!!

Reading is another passion but I usually read books about horses or dogs.

I enjoy photography although I'm not that good bit I still mainly only take pictures of horses and dogs lol.

Apart from that I don't really have time for much else. I work 2 jobs and I'm still in school do my free time is very limited. Over the summer I want to start going to the gym but since I want to compete more with the horses we'll see how much money I have to spend since I love competing far more than the gym lol.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:15 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Architecture, Interior design, reading, drawing and recently - soccer. I used to play as a kid, but once we moved back to Germany I lost interest (hit puberty ) but last semester I decided to take the field back. What can I say, its in my blood

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Top Dog

Not listed in any particular order of interest or anything.

horses and a general interest in most all animals, but my passion: horses and dogs
music (specifically piano, banjo and voice)
gardening/landscaping
art (painting)
writing
reading
fishing
cooking
target shooting/guns
hiking
swimming and going to the gym

there's probably something I've left out or not thought of.

Oh yeah...my adult children. LOL. I am interested in them, but avoid at all costs making them into my hobby.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-18-2012, 01:03 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I enjoy:
reading
writing, when I'm in the mood
anime
Final Fantasy-esque video games (FF, Fable, KH, other RPGs)
playing the piano

Old 06-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Top Dog

Have way to many with the little time I have left after work!

Horses are my #1. Have three of my own and have boarded. Looking at properties now where we can again. I know we will end up with more. I just like to plod around the house and down the street.

Hand guns! Like to shoot for a hobby but where we live in the middle of nowhere its protection to. I am not big on shotguns but we have them. I want a Kimber 1911 but can't spend the money right now while house hunting. I love living near fin feather fur though. Great gun sales!

Four wheeling. Another reason we need more land. Use them to haul poop but much funner when we take our trips to southern ohio to go riding. We go down to wayne national forest and it great.

I love to read but honestly its rare I get to sit and do it.

I like boating but we only have a 17 foot sylvan and we need to move back up lol! To tiny for my taste. You feel every wave and its not something you can take to the islands.

I collect my little ponys though I have not bought one in ages. They are all in storage but if I saw a good one I'd snag it!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 06-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Chihuahua Power!

I have too many interests and not enough time! Here are my top ones

1) Traveling. I LOVE traveling, and make it a habit to take at least 2 vacations a year with my husband.

2) Photography.

3) Art (painting).

4) Writing

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 06-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I'm enjoying reading these...

My current love is charity shops buying clothes. I HATE clothes shopping, but I love buying them from charity shops! Got some bargains!!

I suspect soon it'll be decorating and home stuff. We plan to renovate the house (its an 18th century coaching inn) as it is stuck in the 70s.... Walls down, the lot. It'll be a big job.

Walking, finding places to walk, isolation, countryside, scenery and being peaceful. I don't walk for exercise, I walk because it makes me feel good, calm, happy. It wouldn't be the same without a dog though.

Being with my other half. Because he makes me laugh. Lots. He makes me a better person.

And on that note... Being a better person. I enjoy reflecting on things and trying to be more positive. I'm trying to get back into how I was before my job got crazy and sucked all the life out of me.... It feels amazing coming back!!!!! I soooooooooo understand how stress destroys people.

People and being alone. In equal measures. I like to dip in and out of both. I can be very sociable, and very isolated and enjoy both a lot.

Parties!! Raves. Whatever you want to call them.... Lots of people, lots of psychedelia, decor, light, and a good bass line in the same vein... Festivals I hate bars and clubs... I like my parties outdoors thanks!!!

Music... Listening too it.

I would like to get back into yoga and meditation eventually... I loved it. And swimming if I can....

Cooking and eating!!!! Too much.

Taking pictures that make people smile!

Errrrrr.... Driving. I enjoy driving a lot.

Holidays!!! Yes please. I've been to Morocco and China this year (well will be there soon!!),
and I love holidays, or even day trips!!!! I love days out.

Eta.... I have more interests than I thought I had lol I bet theres more too..
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 06-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Wookie Collie

Art. Duh. Though, My personal work is much more fantasy-oriented, and I barely do any personal work lately.

I knit a lot of things, and crochet some too. Most folks here have seen.

I paint minifigurines, like the ones people buy for RPGs, but I just paint them for fun.

I like building things with building toys like Lego. Never grew out of it, hope to never grow out of it!

Board games! We have near-weekly board/card game/booze nights with friends at our place. Our current rotation is Munchkin, Robo Rally, and Apples to Apples.

Cooking! Especially with special dietary needs now, I've been getting creative in the kitchen and I love it.

Cigars and fine alcohols (scotch, port, etc). I partake in this rarely as a treat, to appease my inner 60-year-old crochety billionaire.

Video gaaames. Throw me in a good open-world game and I'm lost to the world.

Movies. Esoteric movies that no one's even heard of.

There's tons more, but those are the mains. I'm loaded with hobbies.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 06-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Top Dog

Traveling--we're headed off to Copenhagen for a cruise of the Baltics and Russia in 2 weeks, and I'm thrilled!!!

Baking--not cooking. Brownies, cookies, cakes (and cake decorating!), tarts, pies, anything sweet.

Soccer--I played it for nearly 15 years, but for now I'm just enjoying the UEFA Euro tournament I need to find a rec league to play in again.

Puzzles--Jigsaw puzzles, logic puzzles, anything that can be figured out using your brain rather than luck.

Education--I'm a math teacher, so I love learning new ways to teach the kiddies.