Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Top Dog

Default Other interests?

Not sure what forum to put this in....hope I got it right.

So, obviously, we are all obsessed with dogs...but do you guys have other interests that may be equal to or on par with your obsession with doggies? Even if they are not equal, what are they?

I really like art and music. And cats and fish and birds. I'm not just interested in dogs, I love all animals, but I find being a dog trainer a service that is needed to improve the lives of dogs and people around me. I like fish tanks...but the big kind of fish that eat other fish. Particularly Oscars. I love parrots and smaller parrot-like birds. I want a cockatoo, but plan to just get some more cockatiels (I have some already, but they live with my Mom and she refuses to give them to me...lol...) until I feel I am ready to properly care for a cockatoo. I also have 4 cats, which some days I love more than my 4 dogs. I play many instruments, and I am interested in the sort of art that you can mold with your hands....not painting or drawing, but like, pottery and mosaics and sculpting. I plan to do my first stone mosaic sometime soon and then do pet portraits for people once I have honed the skill.

But, tell me about YOUR other interests.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 06-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Felurian

I write. I'm not sure if it's an interest so much as a compulsion.

And metalwork.

Then there are periods of obsessive sewing, although I can't say I enjoy the actual sewing, it's just that there's something I want to get made.

I've always got three or four books I'm in the process of reading too.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Are you dead yet?

Computers. Building them, taking them apart... More into hardware than programming. Video games. Water sports/boating/fishing. Photography when I have access to a camera.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I love to read but I have relatively immature tastes.

I love television shows but I watch them on netflix and hulu where I can obsessively watch them back to back, plus we have no cable.

I love music but I don't know much about it.

I love photography, particularly fine art but I have a fetish for commercial fashion work.

We're pretty big on re-doing our house lately, we bought it at a fabulous deal but it's outdated. It was never run down per say just needs some style and love.

I used to be huge into camping, hiking, and just getting out in nature but we've lost a lot of the time we devoted to that with our dog sports lately. We're hoping to start back up even if that means some of the dog training takes a back seat.

In the end though I work at a competitive dog sport training facility so I'll be honest, most of my conversations find their ways back to dogs anyways. LOL
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Top Dog

This. This is my baby.

So obviously I'm a little bit of a gearhead. I also (borrow) a bike that I race during the summer, so that takes up a lot of time.

Other than that, I do a lot of drawing and painting (as evidenced by my thread here I guess), and I sporadically work as a bullfighter during the summer, depending on my physical condition (lol). I am also working (slowly) towards getting my pilot's license and I LOVE running!

I guess I have a lot of interests! But those are the main ones.

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 06-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Ferrets. Sewing. Reading. Rollerblading.

It also seems like going to college for 5000 degrees is my thing Or, at least, it feels like it is.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Top Dog

Video games. Playing them, making them, talking about them, debating about them, volunteering with them.

Reading, movies, geocaching, hiking, music, comics/manga.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Top Dog

Horses are really the only thing that has come close. I grew up doing Hunter/equitation, until I got Tristan who jumped like an anvil as a young horse. So we did dressage instead. With his health issues, and the financial stuff, it's taken a big back burner to agility, but I still love him like crazy and get a lot of joy from spending time with him.

I love reading, hiking (with the dogs, so maybe that doesn't count), photography (of dogs and horses, so again...) and am learning some programming for a game I work for. Mostly that just makes me feel like a moron at this point though.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:59 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

God, teaching my daughter and playing with her... Hubby says I play well with kids because I am one lol, ALL things Disney and planning disney vacations.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-17-2012, 08:02 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Sure but while those activities aren't dog-centric the dogs somehow always end up involved...funny how that works...

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13

Last edited by Shai; 06-17-2012 at 08:35 PM.