Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I'm not defending an animal abuser, I am holding out judgement until further evidence is presented. I am not ready to condemn a dog on hear say so I hope I can reserve the same judgement for a human.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Top Dog

I ran into a cement wall running full speed playing basketball and was stopped by my teeth and face. I lost the teeth, didn't even have a concusion....I don't think Other people have slipped on ice and died. Boxers and MMA fighters punch each other in the face on a daily basis without much chance of death. but on occasion there is that rare bar fight where someone that has never thrown a punch in their lives kills someone.

My wifes firm is representing a man here, 22 years old was surrounded and heckled by a group of guys because he "stole" this other guys girlfriend. The man got in his face, shoved him and this guy punched him.

one punch in the head, they guy went down and was in a coma for 3 weeks. To look at this guy you wouldn'[t think he could do that if you tied someone down and let him kick them in the head repeatedly, he's that small and softspoken. My point? Weird things can happen.

Maybe he did hit the dog. Maybe the dog bit at him and he swatted at it. Not a perfect reaction by any means, but certainly not a situation where he maliciously went after and punched a dog in the face because the dog peed on his shoes or something.

Point is, there is very little to go by in any account of this. Just a bunch of shoddy journalism and hype. Writing to get a reaction and writing to an audience that is so easy to get a reaction out of these days. Come on people, demand a bit more from your journalists, maybe something will change. Or continue to dance whenever they pull the strings.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
You should hope some day you don't find yourself in the position of being judged so harshly by those that know so little.
And I hope someday if you are wronged you'll have people actually stand up for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
How does stating he was angry while punching the dog substantiate the claim that he punched the dog??
How does that NOT sound suspicious?

Quote:
Are you a 230 lb man? I'm not and when I'm walking quickly I bet I could kill a 4 lb animal if I accidentally toed it in the head.
No I'm not. But like I said I don't put that much force in my foot moving forward while walking.

Possible crush? Yeah. But just a hit to the head by someone just walking? No.

Quote:
Why would it? if the dog is looking up and gets nailed by the corner of a book, or the animal gets toed in the head, how is that going to look so different from a punch to the head? I mean, different enough that we can say beyond any reasonable doubt that this man is an abuser?
get a book or a stick or something like that and hit yourself. Then do the same only punch yourself.

The bruised area will be VERY different. The object will leave a definite line of impact. A punch will be broader, cover a larger area and aside from maybe a knuckle mark should not have as prominant a bruise/mark as the bruise from the object.

Also if something was dropped I could see damage to the face or to of the head maybe leaning to right or left but not the side of the face.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
How does that NOT sound suspicious?
And maybe he did do it but there is miles between "Sounds suspicious and purposefully punched his toy poodle in the head"

I'm reading nothing that says "Man confirms punching poodle in the head causing death" just a lot of other people saying it like it's a known fact without any facts to back it up.

I'm not saying he's innocent, all I'm saying is I'm not reading anything that sounds like it's confirmed other than the poodle died from blunt force trauma.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:32 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I'm not saying he's innocent, all I'm saying is I'm not reading anything that sounds like it's confirmed other than the poodle died from blunt force trauma.
IIRC ASPCA has (or had, I don't know if those individuals still work there) some vets who have really founded the field of veterinary forensics. So this probably isn't just some vet doing a necropsy, it's someone who is trained to differentiate signs of abuse from signs of an accident.

But they certainly wouldn't be able to publicly release any details of their report until after all the legal stuff is worked out. I heard one of them speak about the Michael Vick case once, it was the first time they were allowed to actually discuss details of the forensics in that case because the trial was finally over. It was really, really fascinating stuff.

Anyway, either there will be enough evidence, or there won't. The reporting is sloppy, though.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Top Dog

I don't know what to think, but I know I was running through the house and my mom's 7 lb dachshund got under my feet. I landed full force on the middle of her back--all 215 lbs of me--and all that happened was a lot of pee and panic. If I can't break a dog's back by essentially accidentally jumping on it, how the hell do you accidentally punch a dog hard enough to kill it? PUNCH it? BUT we don't know for sure at all. And I admit that and reserve judgment for now.

Last edited by eddieq; 06-21-2012 at 06:32 AM.