Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Her foot has been airing out all day and I just shaved off around the area. It's still inflamed, but it actually looks better than yesterday. One of my coworkers said she thinks she has some leftover antibiotics from one of her foster dogs. She is going to look for it and I just want to double check with my vet to see if that antibiotic would work and what the proper dosage would be for her. She still is obsessing over wanting to try to bite at her paws anytime I take her elizabethan collar off temporarily for walks. She refuses to potty with it on though for some reason but it goes right back on when we get inside.

Updated pics... Ignore her toenails... They really need to be clipped

Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 06-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Her foot has been airing out all day and I just shaved off around the area. It's still inflamed, but it actually looks better than yesterday. One of my coworkers said she thinks she has some leftover antibiotics from one of her foster dogs. She is going to look for it and I just want to double check with my vet to see if that antibiotic would work and what the proper dosage would be for her. She still is obsessing over wanting to try to bite at her paws anytime I take her elizabethan collar off temporarily for walks. She refuses to potty with it on though for some reason but it goes right back on when we get inside.
Antibiotics don't have a long shelf life, at all. Especially after they've been mixed.

ie: Amoxicillin has a 14 day shelf life once mixed. And that's even pushing it.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Top Dog

It's still pretty bad looking it looks really swollen *could just be the pics* but at least it isn't as oozy looking as it was.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:01 PM
SevenSins

I would shave just a little higher up the front of the paw based on those pics (I try to shave enough that I can see a good portion of clear margins all the way around). The amount of swelling right now probably has a lot to do with the irritation from shaving and should hopefully go down soon once she's completely kept away from licking and biting at it and so long as it's dry.

As for antibiotics: http://www.terrierman.com/antibiotics.htm
Old 06-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Short shelf life, I was talking about liquid, and assuming that was what she had (it's all we've ever been giving, so I tend to forget there's pill forms Rosey will not take pills, she fakes it)

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-18-2012, 09:24 PM
*Now with Snark*

Baby powder/unmedicated body powder is amazing for drying out between gooey toes.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Top Dog

Definitely would try an epsom salt soak and if you can, follow it up with some lavender eo while you are waiting to get to the vet
Old 06-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Top Dog

Her nails aren't even bad, lol

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Poor Cricket, hope she heals up fast! Everyone's covered any advice I would have... Hope she heals up fast for you!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Her nails aren't even bad, lol
lol, this! Her nails look so much better than my dog's!

Does she get any chance at all to lick it when she's got the collar off, or do you have control of her head in some way?

Did she have a grass/grass flea allergy when she was younger? I wonder if it's manifesting itself in a different way, now.