Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Worked another tournament today. 14U this time. It was hot, Hot, HOT on the field.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:54 PM
orange iguanas.

Worked as usual....actually a quiet Saturday at the clinic for a nice change. Grabbed frozen yogurt with some friends afterwards, went shopping with them; then took the pooches to my other place of employment so we could grab some kitty litter and pick out some yummy canned food. Too hot to be outside so we came home and relaxed. Then I went back to work for kenneling. Once the sun started setting I took the dogs for a walk, me and my dad got Dairy Queen, and now it is TV time/hang out with the rats time!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Squishy face

Today I drove to work in a car with no air conditioning in the broiling heat. I arrived at work to find the power out from the bad storm we had last night in the NoVA area, although it returned at 4pm. Work was crazy and we left a 1/2 hour after we were supposed to. I am so tired!

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Felurian

Critter sitting again.

It's ridiculously hot here, and there's a litter of pups (Rat Terriers) that I had to fix up a kennel for in the house. Normally they'd have been perfect where they were, with the fan set-up running, but I had a bad feeling and went on out this afternoon and did not like the way they were acting, so I found one of the big kennels, wrestled into the house (that's undergoing a total remodel) and got them set up safely there. After ten minutes or so they were ready to eat and then they were ready to play and acting like normal Terrier pups. <3

Then . . . pressure washed the kennels, fed Thunder and gave him a bit of brushing, got Frost out and played and . . . and . . . . and . . . .

Cuddled the new addition, a Hairless Terrier pup. OMFG! Talk about CUTENESS. And soft!

Then had a gangly ginormous, not quite grown up goober of a Dane puppy who wanted some lap time and Maggie the Basset and RosKo the Lab.

And then everyone had to make way for my little Zak. He had a bad accident and shattered his front leg. He had it pinned but it wouldn't heal, so now he is a tripod. He's adapting well, like you'd expect a Terrier, but he needs a little help to climb up in my lap now

Worked on The Black Dog Dialogues while sharing the fan with Kharma.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Wild At Heart

Saturday I (and 8 other girls) helped a family in town whose house had flooded. We were walking around in sewage water and it was pretty disgusting, but my heart was aching for them so bad. They lost everything We cleared out an entire room for them and they sent us on our way.... now I'm trying to get my shoes smelling NOT nasty anymore lol

Then me and mom got all kind of yummy snacks and drinks for the Emergency Response crew. They were very pleased and were like vultures, lol.

Harleigh <3
Old 07-01-2012, 04:29 PM
APBT crazy!

First when I woke up I gave my mom her birthday presents. Then, I went to practice for our dance routine in the parade with my Zumba instructor and the others in her classes yesterday morning. Then I came home, ate lunch and met up with my friend, her husband, and their dog Chance who is a GSD/ACD mix.. and so sweet and beautiful... They came all the way from Oregon.

My friend's husband has family down here so they come here every year for vacation and lodge in another town a few hours from here. I have been seeing them since 2010 with their dog and Dixie came the last 2 times but not this time because it was so hot out and she's black.

They are the nicest people and spoiled me with soap made from real Oregon rain, some raspberry powders tea cookies from the Made in Oregon store, and some cookies for my dogs. It was a great time.

Then awhile after I got home, we took my mom to dinner for her birthday. It was a great day, I have a busy week this week so I am trying to relax today.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:27 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Yesterday (Saturday) I worked in the morning, then realized I had the beginnings of a UTI. And shark week. BLEH. But I only had a few dogs to bathe that morning, so I was able to leave my shift early and run to Walmart to get some drugs. Then I watched movies the rest of the afternoon until Mike got off of work, then we went to the mall, bought some stuff, had dinner, and saw Brave.

Today I lazed around not feeling well, then we went out to my parents' house for a family cookout (only using a grill instead of a campfire due to the stupid burn ban in effect). Fireworks were postponed, so no fireworks this evening. But we had some good food, I beat Mike at chess (HA!) and now that I'm done helping him write his paper we're going to settle down and watch the Devinci Code. Then sleep. Doctor visit tomorrow (fun...), then work.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~