Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Maxy24's Avatar
Maxy24 Maxy24 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7,775
Default Microchip troubles-computer related

Fpr those of you who have microchipped dogs, what company are they registered with?
Does your dog show up when you type his number into these sites? Just wondering if most dogs show up there since Tucker does not.
http://www.petlink.net/
http://www.petmicrochiplookup.org/

Tucker was microchipped by the rescue he came from, when we got him I went to their website and registered him, got a letter in the mail confirming he was registered. His microchip is from 24 Pet Watch (www.24petwatch.com). For the last year I've been trying to change his picture on his profile because it's of him at like 12 weeks old. Each time I try to do it I get a pop up that says the site has become unresponsive, would I like to wait or "kill" the pages. I have clicked both before, nothing happens, so I just exit out. But then whatever browser I was using becomes useless. I try to open a new page and nothing will load, I have to restart the computer. This is why i'm on Internet Explorer at the moment. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else uses this company and if so can you edit your info and dog's picture without it causing an issue?
__________________
~Erin~



Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2012, 08:50 AM
swabby's Avatar
swabby swabby is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chapel Hill, N.C.
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy24 View Post
Fpr those of you who have microchipped dogs, what company are they registered with?
Does your dog show up when you type his number into these sites? Just wondering if most dogs show up there since Tucker does not.
http://www.petlink.net/
http://www.petmicrochiplookup.org/

Tucker was microchipped by the rescue he came from, when we got him I went to their website and registered him, got a letter in the mail confirming he was registered. His microchip is from 24 Pet Watch (www.24petwatch.com). For the last year I've been trying to change his picture on his profile because it's of him at like 12 weeks old. Each time I try to do it I get a pop up that says the site has become unresponsive, would I like to wait or "kill" the pages. I have clicked both before, nothing happens, so I just exit out. But then whatever browser I was using becomes useless. I try to open a new page and nothing will load, I have to restart the computer. This is why i'm on Internet Explorer at the moment. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else uses this company and if so can you edit your info and dog's picture without it causing an issue?
Stormy was "chipped" yesterday. I tried and tried to register her online. I finally called PetLink. The gal on the phone told me they were having problems with their site and that it was a revamped site as of yesterday. She was booted off 3 times while trying to register Stormy.

She told me it was set up to work the best on FireFox, but they realized they had problems and were working to get them ironed out. I haven't tried to check, change or add anything yet, because of their site having trouble.

She was very nice and waived the $4.95 cost to register by phone, but to tell you the truth, after your post, I'm NOT feeling too optimistic about this company.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2012, 10:55 AM
~WelshStump~'s Avatar
~WelshStump~ ~WelshStump~ is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 835
Default

I checked out Enda's number on both sites, I'm not hopeful her info really is registered anywhere. Her breeder chipped her, I've been wondering if I should activate the chip with another company, but i can't stand money grubby companies who require "yearly fees". On the first website it says they can't find her chip number, on the second of the two links they send you two they couldn't find it either, on the second link you posted they say
Quote:
The Microchip is enrolled with:
EiDAP inc. Date Last Updated: 9/23/2009
For more information call ...
I really would like to know where would be the best place to get her chip activated with my info directly on it, but I don't want to pay a yearly fee if I don't have to.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Kaydee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Alot of tri-state shelters use Home Again. Even if you don't pay a fee for whatever you're still permanently registered with their system. Sophies page has a description, her chip number, contact information and our vets contact information and we don't pay for it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2012, 12:20 PM
elegy's Avatar
elegy elegy is offline
overdogged
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,695
Default

Steve's number is the only one easily accessible and yes, it comes up. His chip is through HomeAgain.

I like HomeAgain. They're well-known. They seem to be pretty on the ball. They have a yearly fee for their additional services (which includes a free call to poison control iirc), but all you *need* to pay is the initial registration fee for the chip to work.
__________________
ARCHX Luce CD CD-H RA RL3 RLV RL2X RL1X CGC TT
Steve RA RL1 CL1-R CL1-F ONYX
Bean FDCh-G
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-2012, 12:31 PM
swabby's Avatar
swabby swabby is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chapel Hill, N.C.
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
Steve's number is the only one easily accessible and yes, it comes up. His chip is through HomeAgain.

I like HomeAgain. They're well-known. They seem to be pretty on the ball. They have a yearly fee for their additional services (which includes a free call to poison control iirc), but all you *need* to pay is the initial registration fee for the chip to work.
HomeAgain is what Shadow is on, but when he was chipped, I didn't have a computer and I can no longer read his number. I have it on file and will get it fixed when I get home.

Thanks to Maxy24 for starting this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

I'd have to go look up their numbers, but I will run them and let you know.

Mine are chipped with Avid chips and are registered with Avid and AKC CAR, though the Avid stuff is pretty out of date (but they charge to change info!)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-13-2012, 03:29 PM
~WelshStump~'s Avatar
~WelshStump~ ~WelshStump~ is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 835
Default

Thanks, I'll look more into HomeAgain than, our vet uses them. The other one that keeps popping up for me is the AKC CAR too, but I thought they only had service with an annual fee?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-13-2012, 03:55 PM
MicksMom's Avatar
MicksMom MicksMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Warren Co, NJ
Posts: 3,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
Thanks, I'll look more into HomeAgain than, our vet uses them. The other one that keeps popping up for me is the AKC CAR too, but I thought they only had service with an annual fee?
Caleb has an AVID chip. The number shows up on his AKC info page, but I didn't/won't pay an annual fee. I believe the annual fee is like Home Again's- for "extra" stuff.
__________________
My Labrador Retriever is Smarter Than the President
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-13-2012, 03:58 PM
thehoundgirl's Avatar
thehoundgirl thehoundgirl is offline
APBT crazy!
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Beautiful Northwest
Posts: 2,134
Default

At the shelter, we use 24petwatch for microchipping and register them through a program called petpoint so the adopters or the owners who reclaim their dogs or cats don't have to but they have to call the company if any information changes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site