Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-13-2012, 10:36 PM
not so newby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
After meals and at bedtime, Caleb goes into a trance sucking on his Tickle Me Elmo's stomach. He lays with one front leg under Elmo, and one over. We call it "doing the Elmo". The really funny thing is, at night, he will carry Elmo upstairs to our youngest son's room, do the Elmo for a few minutes, then come into our room to sleep.
My boy KC does this also, but it's not an elmo, it's a pink crinkle paper duckie. He does this after he eats and will actually go look for his duckie before we go to bed. He won't lay down until he's able to find it.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:37 AM
...ice road...

Ruger LOVES the top of his muzzle to be scratched. He'll plop his head in your lap, and moan and groan and lean into you if you scratch his muzzle.

Bukra insists on backing up until he's about 4 feet from you, then farts in your direction when he stretches. Then he turns around and looks at you expectantly, like he should be praised for it?!

Jolene... oh, Jolene. She cannot *walk* anywhere... she always trots. ALWAYS. I really don't think I've ever seen her walk. lol

Zealand likes to sit on the center console of my truck -

Sometimes it ends up like this:

But mostly like this:

LOL (I don't let him do it when we're driving at speed.. but when we slow down to go into town, he hops up there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Mae View Post
She also does this thing where she walks up to Moses, and lifts up her leg as though she's going to pee on him. It's amusing yet really odd.

My Boston Terrier does this! She'll walk up to the face of a dog who is lying down, and hike a leg over their muzzle like she means to pee on them! lol
Old 06-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazbot View Post
...He does this after he eats and will actually go look for his duckie before we go to bed. He won't lay down until he's able to find it.
Caleb, too. If he can't find Elmo, he walks around whining while he looks for him.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:51 AM
BusterLove

Quinn is just all round odd. She has the habit of suddenly running into the room at night when we're all settled watching TV, with a look on her face like we called her. Then - after 2 seocnds of staring blankly at us she just walks off again.... 20 minutes later she bursts into the room again, only to walk out quietly a few seonds later.

She loves pats right on the front of her face from family.

She LOVES chewing. Her nickname is "RazorTooth" for the reason that she can chew through anything sooo much faster than any dog I've seen and she loves it. Whenever she gets hooked into someting her eyes roll back, her ears droop and she just looks so completly blissed out.

Buster's weirdest trait is that he's a thinker. He'll go off on his own very often just to sit, stare into space and, we presume, have a good think. Sometimes I find him on my bed looking out the window, sometimes he's looking over the paddocks but so often I find him in the garden staring at the shed wall, or just in areas with no good visual stimulation.
I'd love to get inside his head.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:02 AM
love herds

Desoto looses his mind if anyone sneezes, we have all learned to not sneeze around him, he HATES it. He also will not eat any meat flavored dog treats, I have tried every type of meat and poultry and texture and size. He will not even lick them...so he gets homemade peanut butter or oatmeal dog treats .

Radar loves to have his coat blow dried, he falls asleep! He is also obsessed with the cardboard roll in the center of toilet paper rolls. He hoards them in piles under the bed.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 06-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Top Dog

Lol these are great stories. I had a very big chuckle especially for Riley the picky eater, haha! And Buster the thinker, staring at the shed wall. You absolutely do spend a lot of time thinking about what's going on in their head, don't we?
Old 06-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Ruddy Buttinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
The hairbrush, actually any hairbrush...she'll drop down anywhere in the house to be brushed.
LOL, this is Sienna, too. She and my cat fight over who gets brushed first. Whoever isn't getting brushed complains loudly the entire time while giving me dirty looks. My cat would also have a Q-tip hoard if I let her - they're her all-time favorite toy. Weird cat.

Sienna's other oddities - she likes cats better than dogs. Dogs she's just kind of "meh" about. But she wants to be friends with every cat she meets. Usually the (strange) cats aren't down with this AT ALL, and Sienna looks really sad.

Oh and her favorite game EVER is to run up stairs. Seriously, I can use it to reward other behaviors. I have it on cue. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy.

My current project, becoming a nonprofit: Lost Pets of Southern California
Sienna's new blog: Reasons My Dog is Sulking
Old 06-14-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm All Ears

Beau likes to put blankets on his head and then walk around, running into things. Really, he will put clothes and blankets on his head and just act like it's THE BEST THING EVER!

Summer is pretty weird too. She's just overall kind of spazzy without much thinking going on, lol. Her default behavior is to pogo stick jump repeatedly and then fall over and play dead. She sits around with her tongue sticking out a lot. She also has this habit of putting herself in a stay and then waiting for me to release her only I never put her in a stay to begin with. She'll wait for the exact right combination of me pleading her (free/okay/go/Summer come!) to come on and then she'll release and act all super pleased with herself like she did some sort of amazing thing and I should be so happy that she is such a good dog.

Mia is just all around weird. She's pretty much always doing something bizarre. Opening cabinets, unlocking crates, rolling the soft crate around the room like a giant hamster wheel. She had a phase where she would poop on the wall and I still haven't worked out how that one worked. Lately she's been digging the couch and obsessively trying to shred and eat toilet paper (I have to hide it). She loves jumping into the laundry basket. She also has this bad habit of divebombing the other dogs when they get done pooping. She thinks it's a game. Oh and if there's a fly in my house, she will chase them for days. Oh and she hits people on the head if she wants something. And then if she's being affectionate, she will usually get on the back of the couch and put her paw on your shoulder. If we're at my dad's house and I let her outside, the first thing she must do is run to the tree at the back of the fence and then bite it a few times. There are so many more Mia-isms I am not remembering at the moment.

Her favorite thing that is really weird is to put her tennis ball in EVERYTHING. If she gets bored she will carry her ball all around the house and put it in my shoe, then take it back out, then carry it to a shelf. Put it on the shelf, then take it back out. Roll it under furniture, then get it out or cry if it gets stuck. She gets the ball lost a lot that way.

Also, much like Beau, she likes putting my boot on her head.

My dog being herself:

Old 06-15-2012, 05:51 AM
Mutts to you

Mia wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s View Post
Buster's weirdest trait is that he's a thinker. He'll go off on his own very often just to sit, stare into space and, we presume, have a good think. Sometimes I find him on my bed looking out the window, sometimes he's looking over the paddocks but so often I find him in the garden staring at the shed wall, or just in areas with no good visual stimulation.
I'd love to get inside his head.
Murphy's a thinker, too. He'll just sit and stare. This pic from a couple of years ago shows his 'Thinker' expression. I took this from inside the house, so he wasn't really looking at me.

Don't know if this qualifies as weird, but Mick prefers to sleep on top of his crate, rather than in it. Maybe I should have named him Snoopy...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey