Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 07-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
A world gone mad, because the animal control officer was afraid of him...there's a Yorkie down the street who makes me uncomfortable...know what ahm sayin'???!!!
She was so afraid of him she was sitting, petting him, letting him lick her face.

The BCC has really screwed the pooch -- http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/328493

Honestly, I think Lennox has been gone for a long time. The last photos of him were pitiful. He was in terrible condition and going downhill fast. Why else would they refuse to return his body to his family even? Not even his collar.

IF anyone bothers to investigate, I'm betting it turns out that this wasn't really about a dog, that there was something personal going on here.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Top Dog

And who do you go to when the government is acting out of line? Well I'm assuming this is NI's government, not sure how it all works there. And at the same time it is very much about this dog, it is also very much about BSL and other similar laws, and about how far the government can go to protect their 'interests'. Although, you know, I can't see this flying in the US. They for sure weren't looking at this objectively..all I see is a huge bias case.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Felurian

Ever seen photos of the mounds of dead pitbulls killed in Denver? Dogs and puppies?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Yeah... sadly this flies in the USA. We have a lot of bans.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:42 PM
*Now with Snark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Ever seen photos of the mounds of dead pitbulls killed in Denver? Dogs and puppies?
There are piles of dead pits everywhere. You don't need to go to a BSL city for that.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:43 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
There are piles of dead pits everywhere. You don't need to go to a BSL city for that.
The difference is those are piles of dead pits that were ripped out of loving homes against their owner's wishes.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Top Dog

Oh yes, I'm (sadly) well aware of BSL in the US. I just don't see the court process flying here, if anyone chose to challenge it, I would hope I could trust in the 'fair trial' aspect.

However unfair the law is, if it is in place, if the dog was indeed aggressive or actually a pit bull in a place that banned pit bulls..I still wouldn't agree, but I could understand it. I just don't see how the 'prosecuting' party can use their own evaluator as the key part of this case and get away with it.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:11 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

His bark is being heard around the world and I am glad of it. His memory will live on in us all and bring attention of the injustice of it to people that would other wise look away, thinking it does not concern them. My heart goes out to the family.

I think he has been gone for a long time too. Have thought so since the beginning of his trauma. Kharma has a lot to do there.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Big Dog

Although I agree this is a horrible thing to happen based on looks alone, here are a few interesting articles/documents.

http://www.doggiestylish.com/blog/20...to-talk-about/

Court document taken from above article
http://www.courtsni.gov.uk/en-gb/jud...r8515final.htm

Since so many people everywhere are saying since a DNA test says he is a lab/bulldog mix. This link shows the accuracy of those tests.
http://sheltermedicine.vetmed.ufl.ed...s/dna-results/

This whole thing really saddens me. All just what started from a dogs looks I really hope people realize it's not the dog but the owner.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobeLove View Post
Although I agree this is a horrible thing to happen based on looks alone, here are a few interesting articles/documents.

http://www.doggiestylish.com/blog/20...to-talk-about/

Court document taken from above article
http://www.courtsni.gov.uk/en-gb/jud...r8515final.htm

Since so many people everywhere are saying since a DNA test says he is a lab/bulldog mix. This link shows the accuracy of those tests.
http://sheltermedicine.vetmed.ufl.ed...s/dna-results/

This whole thing really saddens me. All just what started from a dogs looks I really hope people realize it's not the dog but the owner.
While I agree that DNA tests can be wildly inaccurate, visual ID of pit bulls is just as bad if not worse for accuracy. The whole thing is incredibly flawed.