Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 07-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Felurian

I found myself keeping tabs on it all night last night.

I am amazed -- and proud -- at how self-contained and disciplined Lennox's supporters were, even at the height of it, when the BCC was refusing to confirm or deny that they had killed Lennox.

BCC employees mocked callers by making animal noises at them over the phone before hanging up.

Victoria Stillwell had an exchange with a member of the BCC on a radio interview this morning. http://positively.com/2012/07/11/vic...-on-the-radio/

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I only just caught this... they would never have changed their minds - I know how councils work. If they went back on one decision, they would have to go back on a LOT of other bad decisions.

Wrong yet predictable.

Poor dog
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
Did this dog have a bite history and why was he removed? It makes no sense.
When you're a pit bull, or rather you look like a pit bull, you don't need a bite history, it's totally confounding but not uncommon. This isn't the first but one can hope it could be the last dog to needlessly be killed on looks alone.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Top Dog

And the news stories are still calling calling him a 'pit bull type' dog..though he was DNA'd and proven to be Lab x AmBulldog. I honestly can't think of this too much, it gets me too upset.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Kaydee

A world gone mad, because the animal control officer was afraid of him...there's a Yorkie down the street who makes me uncomfortable...know what ahm sayin'???!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Dafuq?

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 07-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Top Dog

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/328493
Quote:
Star of 'It's Me or the Dog' says Council members threatened her

As more details emerge in the case of Lennox, the Labrador/Bulldog euthanized last Wednesday by Belfast City Council (BCC), Victoria Stilwell, star of "It's Me or the Dog," claims she has been both threatened and sued by members of BCC.
Stilwell made the astonishing claims today on her Facebook page in an open letter to the public. The post, in which she commented that she now wished to answer what she had so far been reticent on, said, "yes, the BCC's 'expert' did try to sue me for speaking out against him and questioning his credentials, and yes he did expect money from me to settle the dispute."
The latest allegations are another blow for Northern Ireland's Belfast City Council, who had hoped that after euthanizing Lennox for being a "pit-bull type" dog, the entire affair would quietly go away. Not so. After BCC announced that it had carried out the destruction order on the dog, Stilwell spoke out against their heartless handling of the case and demanded answers.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Top Dog

I do have a feeling this isn't going to end well for BCC...too bad it's come too late for Lennox.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Top Dog

This is/was just an incredibly sick situation.

Everyone from the City Council to the sickos answering the phones making a joke out of it should be ashamed of themselves as 'professionals' and human beings.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Kaydee

Perhaps someone, somehow, can make this a landmark case to prevent it from happening again. Just unbelievable