Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 12-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Puppy Dog

Well it's strange - I have a bed in there for him here at my house, the crate is this oversized metal thing that i thought was a medium but turned out to be an extra large LOL. It's large enough for him to be in there with several toys and his bed, and he'll sleep but in the middle of the night he'll pee

I spent the night at a friends house, and he has an un used crate becuase his dog passed away last year. Since we didn't have a bed, he just layd on the bottom of the plastic in the crate and he didn't do anything bad! all night, for two nights in a row he did not defecate or urinate inside the crate
I just am wondering what is possessing this black metal box LOL

Another thing - Seperation Anxiety again perhaps?
When i put him in there to do christmas shopping, the whining that he does is so incredibly strange that it frightens me he sounds like a turkey, gobbling moments before it get's decapatated and served as dinner. When i come home there's diarehea all over the crate, he's rolled in it, he will not pee but he will poop. Even if i let him out before i leave. yet, When i take him out after i get home he goes to the bathroom again and it's solid
What is going on

LOL
Old 12-14-2004, 08:00 PM
Active Pup

My pup is 3 months old, I goto bed at 11 and get up at 3:30am to let him out still, and i'm up for work at 7:am usually.

I don' want any mistakes, figure i can hold the routine a bit longer, better safe then sorry
Old 12-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Felurian

Kroovy, it sounds like the diarrhea is probably caused by him being upset.

Have you tried tossing a very light blanket over the top of the crate when you leave so it will be more den-like and encourage him to be calmer and nap? Just be sure you don't cover all the ventilation so he'll have plenty of air circulation.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-14-2004, 10:06 PM
Puppy Dog

i've tried the blanket - LOL
he is a really tall 2 month old, he get's up and uplls it through the top of the cage, and it becomes a victim to the backdoor trots (poop)
I just don't want this to be another seperation anxiety case
I almost wnat to record the barking on the computer so i can allow you to hear what it sounds like.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Puppy Dog

it's not soooo mch liquidish anymore. It's semi-solid but has alot of mucus like liquid alo over it, and he mashes it into any stationary object near him. but his Feces is fine when i take him outside afterwards
Old 12-15-2004, 07:39 AM
Felurian

He may not be a dog that crate training works with. You might want to consider a puppy-proof room when you're gone and giving him a bed in your bedroom at night.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Active Pup

I would suggest taking all bedding out of the crate. At this point its acting as a diaper, soking up all the urine. Take everything out (except some toys) and make him sleep on the base of the crate. My puppy learned not to pee in the crate after 2 days of this. Now that i've put everything back in she just loves it in there.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Puppy Dog

It's ACTUALLY funny you mentioned that DobeDad, i came on here to post that i finally got sick of washing the bed every day LOL so i took it out, and scrubbed the crate clean with soapy water. I left him in there last night, with his Kong ball that has a million treats in it, and his rubber bone. He did not poo once, he did not pee once, and when i let him out this morning he ran right up to the door and didn't pee at the door either. Wow. Sometimes you can really over look the most simple solution.