Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Top Dog

Default Odd things about your dog

Abby:

She LOVES being patted on top of the head. She melts away, pushes her head toward my hand and just sits/lays with her eyes softening until they are virtually closed. The expression on her face is one of complete bliss and sometimes she sighs in contentment. You know how people say that their dogs love being petted on the head and what you see is really just tolerance.. this isn't just tolerance, it is her number one favourite spot. Sometimes I just run one finger from her muzzle, over her stop to the middle of her head, rinse and repeat and she is just blissful.

She lifts her leg up to pee. Not in a marking kind of way, just in a normal peeing way - but her leg lifts up quite high in the air. I remember she starting doing this in adolescence, I just can't quite remember noting the exact time but I vaguely remember 8-9 months old? She was actually desexed at 7 months of age (I did not understand early desexing at this time, so I didn't really make an informed choice on that one).

Grace:

She is a virtually bombproof Stafford, confident and happy around all people and most dogs. You could bring a bobcat into the house and she wouldn't even flinch or even get out of the way LOL. But she is terrified of plastic bags if they are picked up in the wind and move.

On the floor/table/chair - fine, picked up and scrunched near her - fine. Picked up and blown in the wind - utter freak out.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

After meals and at bedtime, Caleb goes into a trance sucking on his Tickle Me Elmo's stomach. He lays with one front leg under Elmo, and one over. We call it "doing the Elmo". The really funny thing is, at night, he will carry Elmo upstairs to our youngest son's room, do the Elmo for a few minutes, then come into our room to sleep.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Plus One

For the last 4 years Taz has bounced off our glass patio doors every time I go to let the dogs out. This sometimes happens even if we're not going out through that door. I would have thought he might have learnt by now. My whole family is waiting for him to go through the glass someday.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Kaydee

The hairbrush, actually any hairbrush...she'll drop down anywhere in the house to be brushed. And her qtip collection that she hoards under her bed. And her squeakie toys, almost like a pacifier she sleeps with them but when the cats irk her she'll pick up a toy and shove it in the cats face squeaking madly...like she's telling off the cat with her squeaky toy.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Little dog, big voice

Cali also loves getting that one certain spot on the back of her head patted.. except we've only hit that exact spot once. My sister was just trying to annoy Cali (.. as if, that dog likes all types of attention), and she started lightly tapping the back of her head, and Cali's jaw just dropped and it was basically a "stoner look".

She also does this thing where she walks up to Moses, and lifts up her leg as though she's going to pee on him. It's amusing yet really odd.

I really could go on for days about her weirdness, she's a strange and entertaining dog.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:40 PM
overdogged

Luce has a thing for licking. She licks pillows, she licks the dog bed, she licks the arm of the couch. Right now she is laying on top of Mushroom licking his chest and his armpits. It's a little bit embarrassing, to tell the truth.

Steve is kind of all-around odd, but his tendency to spin with a toy in his mouth is my favorite.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Top Dog

Gusto seems to think that any time I'm standing around outside, it means I want to be holding him. He will just fling himself repeatedly at me, expecting that I will catch him. This is very fun when I'm out handgrazing my horse and reading, and have no free hands. He's actually managed to jump so high he's gotten up onto my shoulders, where he has rested without me having to hold him.

Meg is sort of weird all around, but her funniest thing is when she wants to be patted more. If someone is petting her, she normally turns her back to them to get her butt scratched. If they stop, she will start rubbing her rump up and down on their leg. It is both cute and a bit disturbing.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Mutts to you

Riley likes his food separated. He gets kibble with some canned food, and occasionally a few frozen green beans, so everything has to be in its own separate pile. Even leftover gravy has to be in its own place, rather than being dribbled over the rest of his food. If I mix anything, he won't eat.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 06-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post

Steve is kind of all-around odd, but his tendency to spin with a toy in his mouth is my favorite.
Hey, Dash wants to be Steve's partner in weirdness.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Are you dead yet?

Eve is weird all around, but her weirdest quirk is her response to farting noises or certian swear words. Both make her start growling and whining.